{2}

A/N Because i'm so nice and caring here is another chapter! Enjoy xoxoxo

Emrys Belle:

"Ash, call Rose and tell her what is happening but don't scare her too much I don't want her to deliver her baby too soon. And tell the twins to stay at Ray's until further notice." The man named Ash walked off to do what his wife asked him to.

"I'm sorry I never asked your name." I felt quite rude since that I've been talking to the woman for 20 minutes now and I still haven't asked.

"Everleigh. And these are three of my children. The blond one is Wolf, the one on the phone with the grey suit is Carter and the youngest one is Alexander. And my husband over there is Asher. We are the Mortimers. " I nodded at each of them remembering the names.

"Well, you know my name. And this is my son Aj. Can you say hi Aj?" He peeked out of my neck and gave a cute little smile to Everleigh. She giggled and stroked his cheek.

"Precious aren't they?" She smiled once more.

"Indeed they are." Aj yawned and started dozing off to sleep.

"May I?" She asked putting her hands towards Aj.

"Don't worry love. I have seven kids. I just want a baby back in my arms until I can have my baby back in mine." I nodded and passed him to her. He usually is a little grumpy when a stranger holds him but I think at this point he was too tired to care.

"Thank you."

"No problem my arms were getting tired anyway. And I'm glad I could be of assistance." She cradled him in her arms as he curled further into her.

"I see you have managed to steel the child?" A deep voice booms behind her.

"Yep," she said popping the 'p'.

"You do realise she will never hand him back." I laughed and nodded.

"I need to work anyway and I don't have a babysitter. So she can keep him for a while." He nodded. My beeper rang and soon the code blue in the sector that Damon was in.

They all gave me a worried look as I ran to where it was coming from.

I ran into Damon's room and there was already a nurse doing CPR again. I don't understand why he is in cardiac arrest. He was fine and the bullet didn't touch anything dangerous. He has only knocked out by the chock, loss of blood then the meds.

Once he was brought back to life I stayed behind to ask one of the careers what had happened.

"I came in for a checkup and Dr Ortega was in his room. He told me he was making sure that all was in order. He was fiddling about with the IV and suddenly the patient went in cardiac arrest." I thanked her and led her out of the room.

I sat next to Damon and held his hand. The hand that I had held only hours before.

"I'm sorry you have to be in this situation. But I'm glad that I was able to find you and possibly save your life. " I sighed before continuing

"You have one heck of a family out there waiting for you. And what I understood was that there are more of you. Your mom is lovely. She is keeping my son for the moment since I have nobody..." I stopped once more remembering that I am actually alone if not for Aj, family wise at least.

My sister lives far away, my mum and I never really had a good relationship and for my dad... well I haven't heard anything from him since I was a very young child. I don't even have any friends apart from Gladis and she is 40 years older than me, plus we are only working colleagues.

He is so lucky to have the family that he has, the love and support that he has.

But I can't help but wonder why he was shot in the first place. As my mind was wondering, my eyes caught something unusual on the IV tube.

I stood up and walked over to it to take a closer look. At first, I didn't see anything out of the ordinary and I just thought my mind was playing tricks on me. But as I put it to the light several little holes could be noticed in the tubes. That's quite odd. On his medical folder, there isn't any indication of medicine, apart from morphine and an antibiotic to prevent any infection could be administered.

I sat back down next to him reading his medical record and any other medical related action that he has been through in the last couple of hours. And before I knew it, my lack of sleep caught up to me.

_______________

Thoughts? Predictions?

Also, Sorry the first few chapters are quite short so bear with me on this.

xoxoxoxo