{39}

Chapter {39}

Emrys Belle:

I nervously bit the skin around my thumb while I paced the floor of my living room trying to get in contact with at least one of the Mortimers.

"Come on. Pick up!" I mumbled frustrated that no one was picking up my calls.

"Hi, you've reached..."

I swore under my breath and hung up the call.

I was trying to think about who else I could call aside from Damon, Everleigh, Asher and Paul. I tried Damon's sisters, his brothers, virtually everyone I could think of and had their numbers but it seemed that the whole of the Mortimers were dead.

I just really needed someone aside from my mother to talk to. I just need some reassurance and I want that from my fiancee or his mother or someone. I've been driving myself mad, I am pregnant, I am currently growing a baby in my belly and I am terrified.

I want more kids, I truly do but I was not expecting to be pregnant this soon.

"Damon, Where the hell are you?" I asked the heavens and dialled his number again but ended up with the answering machine.

I crashed on my sofa looking at all twelve pregnancy tests that I took since my mom left to take care of Aj. All positive, not one negative. This is a joke honestly. I have drunk so much water to be able to pee on all these sticks because I am bored out of my mind and just waiting on someone to phone me.

I even tried getting a shift at the hospital for tonight but Damon had told them to not let me set foot in the hospital because I "needed to rest" or whatever that means.

I tried Damon again and by this time it was already rather late, it was dark out I did not want to drive back to our place on my own without knowing where the hell is the man I love.

By the third ring, he had finally picked up.

"Damon! Where the hell are you? I have been calling you for three hours! Do you know how worried I am? And where the hell is the rest of your family? Are you all dead or something?" I shot out not even letting him speak a word.

"Damon answer me!" I shouted out the other end.

"Well to be honest Emrys, most of us aren't in really good shape." he started making me stop in my tracks.

"What do you mean by not all of you are in good shape?" I asked, nervous about his answer.

"Where are you? I can't see you on the security cameras." Damon sounded distant for a moment, the sound of a car door closing and an engine starting.

"Security cameras?" I shot back.

"Yeah, in the apartment. I can't see you on them, where the hell are you?" he almost growled.

"You do realise I walk around naked! You could have told me there were cameras filming!" I confessed, blushing furiously in embarrassment just thinking about who had access to the footage.

"Don't worry Sunshine, it's all for my eyes only. And I do know that you walk around naked, it's my favourite part of the day." I could hear the smirk in his voice, his mood shifting far too quickly for my liking.

"But seriously where the hell are you?" he came back to his original question.

"At my old apartment, why? What the hell is going on?"

"Is Aj with you?" he asked next.

"No, he's going to spend a few days at my mom's. Why?" I said quite confused at this very weird phone call.