{65}

Chapter {65}

Emrys Belle:

Damon took one step towards me. He was dressed all in black, I suppose it was to hide all the blood splatters that he inevitably has on his clothes though his arms remained bare. I could just about see the glow of the blood drops shine under the fluorescent light dangling from the middle of the room, scattered around his tattoos. At each movement of his body I could make out more droplets, his knuckles red raw, unsure as to what was his blood or Jeremy's covering his hands.

"Emrys. What are you doing here." it didn't even come out as a question but more like a direct order that I did not dare go against.

"You told me you'd let me know when you brought Jeremy in so I could speak to him. Not hide him away and beat his half to death." I exclaimed a little more sharply than I intended.

"I don't have to tell you everything." he gritted out, his fists clenching besides him.

"I am your wife Damon. Aj is our son and I have just as much of a right to know what the fuck is going on as you do." I yelled this time, pointing fingers at him.

It wasn't until then that I realised there were a few more people in this room than I originally thought. Everleigh, Asher and Carter were in the room further in the shadows.

"You can't be here." was all that Damon said next.

"Can't? Can't be here?! Damon, are you joking? I have every right to be here. I want to help, I can help and the fact that you are keeping me away from everything is not helping me. I can't just sit down politely and just wait for you to come to my rescue every time. I am a part of this family too. I am more capable than you think I am." I tried so hard to keep my composure and show I was strong, strong enough to be a Mortimer.

"Honey, she's right. Let her talk to Jeremy." Everleigh stepped forward and stood beside me, holding my arm up as if she was afraid my legs would give out at any moment. She wasn't wrong.

"Mum, this is not something you need to get involved in. This is between Emrys and I." Damon shot back to his mother, his eyes never leaving mine.

"I beg to differ boy. You need to let Emrys do what she has to do. No matter how hard you try, the women in this family are strong and will do what they want regardless of your consent to their actions, so might as well let her try." Asher came in next.

I was grateful for both of them for coming to my defence. I just didn't understand why Damon did not want me to help find our son.

"I'm going insane here Damon. I don't want to have to look over my shoulder at every noise I hear when you are not around. About who will come in next and try to take Aurora away from me. I need to find Aj and you can't keep me sheltered from all this. I'm involved now and if Jeremy knows anything he will tell me, he always does." I affirmed.

"But I have to protect you. It's my job to protect you and the kids. You're too special to be shown this side of my world, my sunshine." his voice softened, the tension leaving his arms ever so slightly.

I turned my head and smiled softly to Everleigh letting her know she could let me go. I took a few more steps forward until I reached Damon.

"I can handle it. I married you for you, every part of you. Even the uglier parts that you don't wish to show." I spoke sincerely.

I hate what he does. The same 'job' that took my father away from me at such a young age, the same 'job' that is keeping me from my son, watching the people I love get hurt for no good reason in my humble opinion. Yet, I can't help but be involved. I knew what I was getting myself in, even if it means risking our lives like this.