{5}

Emrys Belle:

After my relaxing evening, I felt a lot better. Aj and I got out things ready to go down to New Jersey to see my mum and sister.

I was dreading going, I always hate going back there because I could run into my ex, I have to deal with my step-father and all the shit that has been happening since I was born.

All I hoped was that my mum did not throw my stuff out before I got there. I put all our bags in the car because I was going to stay the night and since it was a two-hour drive to Jersey I needed food and what no for the trip because I know my baby will get hungry.

I waited until we were on some secluded roads where I know no one will be and sped with the windows down making Aj squeal in happiness at the speed. I laughed along with him and shifted the car through all the gears before I reached the maximum speed my car could go to.

After a while, we managed to arrive at my old house. Aj had fallen asleep ten minutes before we arrived so I hiked him on my hip his head on my shoulder and one of our bags in my hand.

I walked up to the door and took in a deep breath before knocking and waiting for someone to open up.

After realising that no one was going to answer since no one was there, I dropped the bag on the floor and walked over to the side of the house to retrieve the spare key that we always hid behind one of the loose bricks.

After opening the door, I walked up to my old room to see that nothing was touched. I was glad that it hadn't changed and that all my thing were still there.

I laid Aj down on my bed and covered him with the blanket that was on the bottom of the bed. I made sure he was comfortable and took his shoes and coat off. I walked out of the room and went to the kitchen to get something to drink and get the rest of my things out of the car and back into my room.

I walked around the house and looked at all the family photos that adorned the wall. I was on none of them, not even a single one. They were all pictures of Mia when she was little, her and my step-dad, my mum and the two of them together, his family but nothing from me. There was one picture of Aj when he was a baby and my mum on the fireplace mantelpiece but that's it.

I sighed and went back up to my room and start packing my things. I went back to the car and got the cardboard boxes I brought with me because I knew that I wouldn't get any here.

Aj was still sound asleep as I started packing all the little nick nacks that were displayed all around, creating piles of things to give away, to throw out and to keep. I had just finished sorting out my books when Aj woke up so I cuddled up with him in bed for a little. He got hungry so we headed downstairs to come face to face with my mother, my stepfather and Mia.

Mia had a bright smile as always and rushed over to me to get Aj out of my arms completely ignoring me and making kissy faces to my son.

"Well Hello to you too Mia." I sarcastically said rolling my eyes at her behaviour.

She just turned around and stuck her tongue out to me.

"Hi, mum." I forced out and gave her a quick hug, nodding to her new husband.

"Steven," I spoke.

"Emrys, to what do we owe the pleasure?" his tone fake in front of my mother, as always.

"I heard you were selling the house, I just came to get my things." I shortly replied not wanting to interact with them more than I have too while I'm here.

I went back to the kitchen to see a still very sleepy and grumpy Aj who was not amused by his aunt's funny faces.

"Mummy," he whined making grabby hands to me to save him from Mia.