{61}

Chapter {61}

Emrys Belle:

We had finally landed to our honeymoon destination, sunny barbados and I couldn't be more excited to spend two glorious weeks away with my new hubby. As sad as I was to leave my two babies behind I knew that they were going to be well taken care of with their grandparents and it's not like I had much of a choice as Everleigh took Aurora out of my arms and lured Aj into the house with brownies and that was the end of it.

"Penny for your thoughts, my sunshine?" Damon asked, taking my hand in his, giving it a squeeze.

I looked up at him and gave a small smile before laying my head on his shoulder letting the movements of the car rock us gently.

"Just thinking about the little ones. I miss them."

Damon's chest rumbled with a laugh.

"Baby girl, we've been here less than 20 mins, my mother has already sent you ten pictures and three videos of them, you have two weeks to miss them, pace yourself." he kissed the top of my head as reassurance.

"But you're not counting the flight here, and the drive... That's a long time away from my babies." I turned towards him, pouting my lips. He immediately took the opportunity to place a quick kiss upon them, making me let out a silly love sick smile.

"Besides, I'll keep you so busy you'll barely have time to think about Rory and Aj. Maybe even make another beautiful baby that my mother can steal from us." he wiggled his eyebrows.

I let out a small giggle and pushed him away making him pout and cross his arms like a child.

"You have to wait until we arrive at the house Mr Mortimer." I teased.

The car came to a holt. Damon hopped out and ran over to my side to get the door. He took my hand and helped me out while the driver got our bags out the trunk.

Damon thanked the driver and left him with a schedule and number so that he knew when to come pick us up to take us places as Damon didn't want either of us to drive during this honey moon and really just relinquish control for once in our lives.

Damon took my hand in his as we made our way to the private villa, opening the door. I was speechless once I saw how luxurious everything was. The back wall was basically all glass showing off the amazing sea view with glass doors leading to a large deck followed by the private bit of beach that was attached to the villa.
I let go of Damo's hand and skipped with excitement to get to the back and let my feet dip into the sand as I rushed to take my shoes off.

I felt at peace listening to the sounds of the waves crashing to the shore.
I could feel Damon's presence as he walked his way towards me, his arms circling around my waist. Both of us just taking in the sea breeze, exhaling in sync.

"Did I choose well?" He inquired, gripping my waist a little tighter.

"You sure did. It's beautiful here." I hummed, leaning further into him.

"Definitely not as stunning as you, my sunshine, but a very near second." He spoke in my ear leaving a soft kiss just below it, followed by another on the nape of my neck.

I couldn't help but let out a satisfied sigh at each kiss he placed. He knew exactly what he was doing, his right hand slowly gliding down my stomach reaching the belt loop of my shorts as he continued his assault on my neck. With a swift tug on the belt loops I turned around to face him. His hands gripping my hips, pulling me impossibly closer to him as our lips met in a passionate kiss. My arms looped around his neck, to deepen the kiss which only made him grip me tighter and slowly walk us backwards in the direction of the villa, our feet stumbling in the sand. After almost twisting my ankle twice, Damon decided to sweep me off my feet, a cheeky grin on his face knowing full well he had this hold on me and in fact we would not leave the master bedroom at all during our stay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Damon and I had just landed back from our honeymoon, the glow of the sun still on our skin, smiles on our faces as we made our way to the Mortimer residence to pick up our little ones. My excitement was growing, I had missed my children a lot, despite having the most magical time with my new husband there's nothing like going home again after being away for such a long time.

We made it up the long drive, Damon could sense my excitement only making him chuckle at my behavior as I skipped to the front door.
As I stepped in I could hear the giggles and noise coming from the main living room, my feet guiding the way. Aj saw me right away and ran into my awaiting arms. I picked him and holding him impossibly closer.

"Hello bubba." I smiled down at him, brushing a loose strand of blonde locks away from his eyes.

He grinned and held onto my neck, placing his head on my shoulder. I turned a little to see that Damon has already stolen Aurora back, she had grown while we were away but still looked as tiny as ever in her father's arms. The sight of those two together never failed to make my heart melt as I watched our daughter reach up to grab her daddy's face as he gave her big smiles looking down on her.

"Welcome back!" I heard a chorus of welcome's coming from behind me, making me jump a little as we were nor expecting to see the whole Mortimer bunch greeting us back from our travels.

After we said hello to everyone, had some food sitting in the garden as the weather today was still nice despite the wind picking up, it was time to bid goodbye and go back home as the kids were starting to get worn out from playing with their cousins all afternoon.

We got home, I started to unpack all our things while Damon bathed the little ones and put them to bed. It felt calm being home, this little glimpse of normality I craved so much was reassuring, all of Jeremy's words gone from my mind. How could he possibly be right when things are so peaceful. Our little family together, nothing could possibly happen, nothing has happened since the wedding, was what he said all a lie to scare me into going back to him? As if he could protect me better than the Mortimer's could? Little did I know this feeling would not last, nothing lasts forever when you are married to a Mortimer.

_____________________
Hello all!
I know it's been a long time, a lot has happened as always.
But here's a new chapter that you have been waiting for, it's not the best but hopefully the next few chapters will make up for it!

Love you all, hope everyone is okay and safe
Until next time.
Xoxo