{14}

Damon Mortimer:

I came out of the room after making sure that Emrys was tucked in and staying in bed to sleep because when I stepped foot into that door she looked like she was about to collapse.

I rolled the sleeves of my suit up and checked on Aj to see that he was still fast asleep on the sofa. I started cleaning the kitchen making sure not to be too loud so that I did not wake either of them up.

Aj was still coughing in his sleep. I continued cleaning the apartment, doing the washing and hanging Aj's bed sheets in the bathroom to dry. In these times I thank my mother for teaching me how to be a real man and take care of household chores.

I had just finished doing the second load of laundry when I heard the pitter patter of little feet and then Aj appeared at the door with his teddy in hand.

"I no feel good." he looked up and me and threw up all over himself and on the floor before I had time to blink.

I rushed over to him and picked his little body and ran him to the sink so that he could finish puking. Once he was done I put him back on his feet and checked his fever.

"You are still a little warm buddy," I commented.

I turned around and started running him a warm bath to get him cleaned up.

Aj was crying silent tears.

"I sticky." he cried standing there.

I sighed and took his so that he was closer to the bath and started to undress him.

"I know little man. Let's get you cleaned up." he nodded and let me put him in the bath.

I washed Aj and got him dried and dressed in clean clothes. I got him to wait in the bathroom on the toilet seat while I cleaned the floor where he threw up. I had to get out of my shirt too because it turns out that I got it stained when I was taking care of Aj. I did another load of washing with my shirt in and took Aj in my arms and brought us back into the living room.

"Do you want to eat little man?" I questioned, sitting him on the kitchen counter.

He just shook his head no but then asked me for water. I got him a glass and waited for him to drink it all.

"I tired." Aj pouted and did grabby hands towards me so that I could put him down.

"Do you want to go in your bed?" I asked down at him.

He was holding onto me with his head on my shoulder. He nodded his head and I walked him back to his room. I placed him in his bed making sure he was cool enough to keep his temperature down.

I got back up and was ready to leave when Aj called me back crying and coughing.

He continued coughing and coughing until I walked back to his bed.

"What's the matter, little man?" I cooed picking him back up in my arms.

I wiped away the tears from his cheeks. He wrapped his arms around my neck as he continued hiccuping and coughing.

I cradled him in my arms laying my cheek on the top of his head until he calmed down. I craned my neck to look at him and saw that he had fallen asleep in my arms. I went to lay him back in his bed but Aj was not letting me go.

I lifted him higher in my arms and moved his head because he didn't seem very comfortable and walked him back into the living room. I sat down and got a blanket to cover us and let him sleep on me.

I liked taking care of Aj and I was happy when I was here with my Sunshine and the little lad. Aj and I relationship has grown and he is trusting me a lot more than at the beginning. I ran my hand up and down his back.