{16}

Damon Mortimer:
Aj and I ended up at Mcdonalds for lunch and I have never seen a kid this happy before.
"Is that nice Aj?" I smiled taking a sip of my strawberry milkshake.

"Ya." he nodded and took another bite of his chicken nugget.

I took the top off of my shake and dipped a few fries in and popped them in my mouth. Aj's eyes widened and he put his hand out.

"I try now please," he asked.

I chuckled and did the same thing as before but gave them to Aj. He tried one and put his hand out for more. I shook my head, a small smile gracing my lips.

I love having a mini-me.

We continued eating and when we were done I got him cleaned up and checked his temperature and gave him his cough medicine that I brought out with us and got us back in the car to drive to our next destination.

I parked the car and helped Aj out. He slipped his hand in mine and fell in step with me. I pushed the clean glass doors open and led him into the car dealers.

I walked us to the front desk and waited for the secretary to turn around. Aj looked around amazed by all the shiny new cars that were surrounding him in the showroom, his eyes lighting up in amazement.

"Excuse me." I cleared my throat and put an emotionless face on.

The secretary turned around in her seat, chewing gum loudly and leaned back in her seat with her phone in her hand chatting away to whoever was on the other end of the phone. She sported a glare and continued chewing obnoxiously on her gum. I clenched the hand that was not holding Aj's and clenched my jaw.

"I have an appointment with Seb." I continued ignoring her rude behaviour.

She tapped on her keyboard still talking with her friend.

"Name," she asked, boredom lacing her voice.

"Damon Mortimer."

She sat up a little straighter, sheer panic and hung up her phone.

"Yes, right away Mr Mortimer. Seb is in the back garage, Mr Litt will escort you there." she rambled out nervously, not daring to make eye contact with me anymore.

She pressed a button on her desk and the store manager of the concessioners dressed in a grey suit and red tie walked over to Aj and I.

"This way Mr Mortimer, sorry for the wait." he smiled politely and guided me away.

I had to pick Aj up in my arms because he was so starstruck by the cars that he would not walk with me.

"I would advise you fire your secretary Mr Litt," I spoke sternly.

"Right away sir," he answered not daring to go against my judgment or ask why.

We walked out of the main showroom and came outside to where the garages are and the race track to test the cars out. The crisp wind greeting us as we stepped outside. I followed the manager until we arrive at Seb's workshop, he announced my presence and left us to discuss the car I was getting done up for my Sunshine.

"Hey, Seb." I shook his hand since I had Aj in my arms.

He was playing with the flaps of my jacket in his own little bubble while I started talking with Seb.

"So how's the car getting on?" I questioned looking around the shop.

"You ain't going to present me to the child in your arms?" he teased wiping his oily hands on a dirty rag.

"This is Aj." I turned my back lightly to show Aj who was still not paying attention.

"I'll show you to the car, we got it wrapped in the colour you wanted. We just need to finish with the joints and check that all is running smoothly with the ride. Then she's all yours." he waved us to follow him and he brought us into a bigger garage where there were several more cars and workers.