{64}

Chapter {64}

Emrys Belle:

I could hear a lot of commotion from outside the door. My eyes slowly fluttered open, sitting up only to realise that I was in the Mortimer's living room. The soft blanket that was placed over me slipped onto my lap in a wrinkled mess. I looked around to make sure I was actually in their living room and wasn't kidnapped while I blacked out, but the many pictures or all of the kids and grandkids that were spread around reassuring me that I was in a safe place in their house.

The noise coming from outside the door brought me back to why I woke up in the first place. It definitely sounded like two or more people were fighting though I couldn't quite make out who or why. Standing on my feet trying to find my balance again after the shock of what happened earlier today was hard, my head pounding didn't help much either but I chose to push past that, I have been out of the game long enough and needed to take active part in the search for my son.

I opened the door, carefully closing it behind me then started to make my way where all the commotion was coming from.

"Why would you go there on your own? ″ the voice I immediately recognised as Everleigh spoke first.

" I wasn't alone. I had Kendyn with me. " the other, who was clearly Damon, replied, an edge of anger to his voice.

" Go alone where? " I couldn't help but ask as I made it to the threshold of the kitchen.

I could feel all eyes on me, studying me carefully as if I were a glass doll that was about to shatter if anyone took too big of a breath.

My eyes immediately fell upon that familiar warm brown pair, filling me with warmth, well, that is until my eyes scanned the rest of him.

"Why are you all black ?" Was the next thing I blurted out.

"That's not something you just ask someone." Paul half joked trying to clear the heavy air.

Damon rolled his eyes, Kendyn was trying to hold back a laugh and Everleigh just stepped forward trying to bypass what Paul said.

"How are you feeling my darling?" She spoke in a soft voice, everyone ignoring both my questions. Never once did I break eye contact with my husband.

"I'm fine but I'd like to know what's been going on and why Ken and Damon both look like they have been sweeping chimneys."

Damon sighed, looked at his mother as if he was asking her permission to tell me what has gone on.

"I went looking for Jeremy." Was all he said.

A moment of silence passed before I asked why, confusion clear on my face. Damon was next to take a step toward me.

Again I asked why.

"Because I know he took Aj." He huffed, clearly angry about whatever happened.

I was still trying to process everything that has happened today, let alone having to mix Jeremy into this too. For some reason I wasn't completely convinced that Jeremy had something to do with this. Not since that talk we had on my wedding day. Something just doesn't feel right.

"Did you find him?" I lifted my hand to place on his arm, seeing that he needed a minute to calm down. His fists clenching and unclenching alongside his jaw.

"No." He gritted out.

I don't know what came over me but once the words came out my mouth there was no stopping them.

"I can find him."

——- ——— ——-

To be honest my mind is all over the place. I knew exactly where to find Jeremy, it wasn't difficult. He's quite easy to find if you know where to look, though I was quite surprised that Damon and Kendyn ended up where they did. Something still didn't feel right to me but I needed someone to blame for taking my son and quite frankly he was an easy target.