{55}

Chapter {55}

Emrys Belle:

I was pacing. We were still at the school waiting for Asher, Leigh and Paul to arrive. To say I was livid was putting it lightly.

"Emrys stop pacing. It's making me dizzy." I heard Damon groan whilst holding his head.

I simply rolled my eyes and continued to pace the floor, my arms crossed and glaring at the receptionist through the glass where she was being held accountable for her actions by the head of the school.

"Emrys, sit down. Pacing won't help." Damon added next.

I stopped mid-pace. Swung on my heels to face him, my fists clenched ready to rip his head off when a bundle of footsteps walked into the school diverting my attention away from killing Damon.

"Princess," Asher called out making me rush into his arms for a quick hug then getting hugged by Paul. Both making me feel safe and glad that they were there.

"Give me your gun." I put my hand out to Asher who looked taken aback by my comment.

"Why do you want my gun?" he asked looking at Paul a little worried and confused.

I didn't reply and just opened and shut my hand waiting for the gun to be placed in it. Damon wouldn't give me his so his father was my next option.

"Dad, don't hand her the gun. She wants to shoot the receptionist." Damon called out over my shoulder leading me to send him a glare.

"Can you blame her?" Everleigh interjected as she took Aurora out of her pram since she was getting fussy.

"Here, you can have mine honey, shoot away." Everleigh smiled and handed me her gun with one hand holding my baby closer to her with the other.

"Mum! Don't hand her a gun! Are you mad?" Damon roared at his mother getting a warning look from his father.

"Damon, let her hold the gun. Her child is missing if she wants to shoot the idiot responsible then let her. One less moron to worry about." Everleigh waved off.

Damon's face was one of pure shock at his mother's words. I mean I agreed with her but I think my anger fuelled thoughts were taking over.

"She had a couple of shots of vodka with your auntie Victoria over face time," Asher whispered over to his son as if to explain his wife's behaviour.

I really wanted to shoot that gun in the direction of that incompetent receptionist but as I looked around me and saw my little Rory in her grandmother's arms and I just did not have the heart to pull the trigger in front of her and frighten her. I truly wish to keep her away from this world, keep her sheltered from what took my father away from me. I feared that she should have to grow up without her father by her side as I did. I knew the faster I got everything sorted between Jeremy and I the faster I could keep my family safe, at least from him. I know life won't be easy with Damon's line of work, I know you can't just walk away from it all but I'll sure as hell make sure that my past does not come to hurt my family now.

Once I made sure the secretary would lose her job and had a brief chat with the principle of the place as well as the head of the department I was ready to leave and get my son back but first I had to make sure it wouldn't happen to any other parent.

"Emrys, where are you going like that," Damon yelled after me as I stormed out of the school towards the car.

"Going to get my son back. Do you really think after what happened at my apartment I wouldn't put a tracker of some sort on my son?" I stopped and turned towards him.