{48}

Chapter {48}

Emrys Belle:

"What about this one?" I asked, flatting the fabric as I stood in front of the mirror.

"I don't know, it looks a little weird with the bump," Rose commented, bouncing Leora on her knee.

"I agree with Rose. I like the blue one." Everleigh commented.

"Which blue one? The Dark one or the one with the slit at the leg?" Freyah was next to ask.

"The slit," Rose confirmed.

The sound of agreement settles in the air.

"What do you think, honey? You are the one wearing the dress after all." Everleigh added.

"I don't know. It's a beautiful dress –" I started.

"Makes your eyes pop more." Freyah cut in.

"– well yes it does but I'm not feeling it. I still have one dress to try on and if it's not it then I'll just go with the blue one. It's not like there are many options for pregnant women on such short notice." I sighed sadly.

"It's going to be fine, we will get you a fabulous dress for this gala and you will blow Damon's brains back into place and outshine that horrid woman he so calls 'loves'." Annie chimed in taking my hand and helping me back to the dressing room to get into the final dress.

I was a lot more hesitant with this last dress, that's why I kept it for last as it was a lot more revealing then the other dressed and I had hope that I would have liked the others so that I didn't have to try this one on but no dress fit the bill.

With Annie's help, I robed the delicate dress, it was completely hand made, the embroidered fabric sitting in all the right places, it was almost sheer but the design and the rhinestones sewed on the dress didn't make it vulgar at all. I decided to step out in this dress to show the others.

"Oh wow, that's beautiful." Rose gasped.

"Show them the back Emrys." Annie excitedly added.

I proceeded to turn around and show the back of the dress, or lack thereof. It showed off the majority of my back with one of the straps of fabric draping my shoulder on one side giving a sort of train effect at the back and the other falling to my elbow mixing with the flow of the dress giving a softer look.

"You look radiant my darling. It puts the bump on show without making you look too huge. It's beautiful." Everleigh commented with tears in her eyes.

"Isn't it a little much though? Too revealing?" I anxiously asked playing around with the skirt of the dress and looking at myself intricately in the mirror in front of me.

"Not at all, it might be a little more than you are comfortable with but honestly you look hot in that dress. With your hair up and perhaps a thin silver bracelet and stud earring for some sparkle and that's you done!" Freyah excitedly exclaimed.

Feeling a little better hearing everyone's comments I nodded and decided to go with this dress for tonight's gala, with only a couple hours left before we had to get ready I didn't any other solutions anyways so I was glad to find a dress.

We all headed to the Mortimer residence and started to get ready, makeup brushes flying all over the place, the smell of hairspray and chatter filling the air. Seeing Everleigh lovingly do her daughter's hair made me wish that Damon was in fact right and that I was carrying a baby girl. I love Aj with all my heart but I did want a daughter with whom I could share all this girly stuff with. I have lived in scrubs for the vast majority of my life and it was nice to be in something glittery and glamorous for once in my life.