{22}

A/N I'm excited about this chapter!!!!

Chapter {22}

Paul Jackson:

I stepped down the stairs with papers in my hands when I hear Asher talk to someone at the door. Curious of this because basically, no one knocks on the door randomly in the day.

I padded the floor and peered into the hallway and saw Emrys at the door talking to Asher. I stayed back and only made my presence known as she was leaving. I was about to ask Ash why she had come to the house when the jacket she was wearing caught my attention.

It's her.

"She's wearing his jacket," I whispered in disbelief.

I knew that Ash had heard me because it was written all over his face, he knew.

"She's wearing his jacket. Why is she wearing his jacket? How did she get it?" Ash slammed the door shut with Aj still in his arms.

I could sense his anger rising but had to keep it under control because of Aj.

"Ash listen–" I started.

This was going to end badly.

"Paul why the hell did she have Carter's jacket?" he snapped.

I knew this day would come and I felt terrible for keeping this secret from all of them during all this time.

"Call Ray over." was all I said and walked off into the living room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Daddy! Daddy! Look at me!" the little girl with her blond hair and bright yellow dress yelled.

"Yes, my little Dove I can see you." Carter chuckled taking a seat next to me on the outdoor sofa handing me a beer.

The little girl's giggles resonated in the big garden as she continued to chase the butterflies in the flowers.

"She's a precious little thing." I smiled watching her run.

"She is. She's the best thing that has ever happened to me. I just wish I could have full custody of her but Sarah does not want to let her go. She's still sour about the fact that I left her straight after Emrys was born, it's been four years."

Carter sighed sadly making me take his hand in mine giving it a gentle squeeze.

"It will all work out in the end, I'm sure of it. Your love for this little girl is stronger than anything Carter but you know that dragging her in this lifestyle will be dangerous for her. You need to protect her." I reasoned.

"I know, I just don't want to be away from her."

My heart broke for him. I knew he loved Emrys more than life itself and that he would do anything to keep her safe and loved and that's what I admired in him.

I leaned in and cupped Carter's cheek making his brown eyes melt into mine. I placed my lips against his soft ones. But our moment was cut short with the little pitter patter of feet.

"Daddy? Why are you kissing Paully?"

We pulled away from each other to look at this little blonde girl tilting her head to the side with her teddy in one hand.

Carter leaned down to place Em on his lap, keeping her close to his chest.

"He was just kissing me better my Dove," Carter explained to the little girl while kissing her forehead.