{37}

Chapter {37}

Emrys Belle:

I stared at myself in the mirror. Flattening my dress with my hands, letting the pale pink fabric flow past my fingertips. My golden hair in loose curls lying beneath the graduation cap that I had so neatly placed on the top of my head. I took a deep breath and walked over to the bed where my purple gown was placed.

I slipped it over my shoulders making sure it was nicely sat upon my shoulders.

I can't believe I am graduating today. I have spent many years yearning for this moment. I had a great position in the hospital, I had the man of my dreams by my side who treated me and my son like the most precious things in the world and now I will officially become a heart surgeon and continue my life-saving others.

My nerves were running high, nausea making an appearance but I pushed it down and went to find my shoes.

I searched the walk-in closet, that I thought was a bit extreme, for these goddamn shoes. I had set my outfit aside for weeks and now that the day had come I couldn't find anything.

"Looking for these?" I heard a deep voice call from the entrance of the closet.

I turn around a little startled to find Damon is all his glory, dressed in a deep blue suit that made him look like the most perfect specimen of a man. I had to take a minute to focus my eyes back to his and actually process what he was telling me.

He stood there holding the shoes I had been looking for for the past five minutes.

"I love you." I sighed and walked over to him placing a tender kiss on his lips.

I reached out for my shoes only to have him pull them higher out of my reach.

"Allow me." he smiled down at me before kneeling down on the floor to put my shoes on my feet.

He gently took my ankle in his hand and glided the shoe on my foot then proceeded to do the same with the other, keeping my hand on his shoulder to prevent me from falling over. He buckled my shoes on each foot before placing a light kiss against my exposed thigh, running his hands up and down my calves staring deeply into my eyes.

Damon stood up and pulled me closer to him by the hips letting me wrap my arms around his neck.

"Thank you," I whispered, shy.

"Anything for my Sunshine." he smiled back and sneaked in a cheeky kiss on the nose.

"We need to be off now if you want to get to the ceremony in time," Damon spoke up after a short moment of silence, separating us from each other.

I grabbed the last bits and bobs I needed all while trying to calm my erratic heart beating in my chest.

------------------------

I was next in line to walk onto the stage. Name after name was called and being in the top half of the list has its perks but also it's downfall as once I step off this stage I will have to wait another hour before I can hug my little man and kiss Damon. Plus this heat is doing nothing to help me get through this before I faint or get heatstroke.

"Emrys Annie Karoline Bellantuono"

I took a deep breath and put a smile on my face taking my first steps on the stage and doing as we had rehearsed a few days before.

I walked up to the head of the medical department of the university, the chairman and some other people deemed important to be on stage as we students accepted our diplomas.

I shook hands with all of them, gave smiles and accepted the congratulations given by the many people present and posed for photos when given my 'fake' diploma. We all know they do not give you the most important piece of paper of your career on stage.