{51}

Chapter {51}

Damon Mortimer:

Amelia, Annora, Wolf, Alex, Frey, Kendyn, Melodie and I were all in the kitchen attempting to work together to get the food ready but with Rose gone with mum, there was no one to create peace in the kitchen and to calm Alex down. Amelia was being her shy quiet self while Annora was fighting with Alex. Freyah was keeping an eye on the kids including Lloyd and Luke while Kendyn was trying to calm Leora down. It was a hustle of noise and mess while I tried to cook something for all of us.

Melodie was doing my head in but thankfully Wolf was taking one for the team and keeping her as far away from the rest of us as humanly possible. I've been having loads of flashbacks and the moment and my memories and emotions are all over the place. I fell as if I need a second just to be by myself and get these thoughts straight but I never had a minute to myself. I felt so drawn to being around Emrys and taking care of Aj to help out. I can't help how protective I feel towards both of them, especially that baby.

"Hello, kiddos," Dad spoke strolling in with a barely awake Aj in his arms.

"Hey dad." most of us chimed in but I couldn't help but notice Emrys was nowhere to be seen.

The girls gushed around Aj and I say Amelia taking him in her arms for a cuddle. They had become very close in the past weeks he and his mother had been staying in the house. I suppose it's because Amelia is so calm, sweet-natured and patient with his which has helped Emrys out a lot.

"Where is Emrys?" my words slipped out of my mouth.

"She's in labour, on her way to the hospital," he spoke nonchalantly taking a piece of carrot off my chopping board.

"What she's in labour? She's not due for another week!" Annora exclaimed.

"Two weeks actually." I shot back shocking myself that I knew that information.

"Well, she's in a cab on her way now." dad continued.

"You put her in cab? On her own? Are you mad?" Annora yelled next.

"I really don't like him without mum," Wolf mumbled out.

"Who cares if she is on her own? She is a grown woman that's her problem." Melodie jumped in making us all turn towards her.

I don't see what I ever saw in that woman.

"Have you ever had children?" Freyah spoke softly awaiting a response.

"No," Melodie added.

"Then you don't get to say how any woman gets to experience her labour. She needs someone there to support her. You can't comprehend that because you have never experienced it so you don't get an opinion." Freyah finished as she picked Wilder to sit on her knee.

Melodie shut right up and sort of sunk in her corner to the room.

"Anyways, I'm just here to drop the child off and rush back to the hospital and get Annie over there with Paul and I need to phone my wife up before her sixth sense picks up that a baby is on the way and she is not here." Dad counted out all he needed to get done.

I needed to go to Emrys. I just need to be there for her, she needs someone and I felt like that person.

"I'm going," I concluded and put the knife down and turned the oven off and washed my hands before walking in the direction of the kitchen door.

"Um, Damon? Where the hell do you think you are going? You are not going to go to that woman. You are mine you understand me?" Melodie's voice roared out after me as soon as my foot was by the door.