{45}

Chapter {45}

Emrys Belle:

Damon was being released from the hospital today and I honestly have no idea as to what the future holds.

Everleigh explained to Damon about the incident and has updated him on most things that have been happening, aside from meeting me and all that we have shared.

Already telling him that he did not remember the last year and a half of his life and seems stuck in a parallel timeline where he is still engaged to Melodie, was a little too much for him to handle in the time of his decent out of coma to tell him otherwise.

Due to the state of his condition, telling him everything in one go would be too traumatic and could cause him more problems that the doctors would like to avoid altogether. So, we just let him believe what he wants and slowly introduce the things in the past year that he missed out on such as the birth of his first niece.

Introducing the idea of Aj and I was something else altogether since in Damon's mind Melodie was the love of his life, seemingly forgetting all the heartbreak she caused him many years ago.

I was told by Rose – who disliked the woman very much– that they had met when Damon went to college. She was all he ever wanted, all he spoke about was his Melodie, 'the song to his heart', as he explained to his sister.

I couldn't help but feel hurt as her words about him and Melodie together. I was his sunshine, the light in his life, but would that be enough?

Melodie had wealsed her way into Damon's life, taking him to new places, doing things that – according to Rose– Damon would have never done. He was so in love with her and proposed to her but no one in the family knew until Annora caught her big brother talking about eloping somewhere far and away from his family, apparently, it was Melodie's idea.

Damon caught her one evening with some other man and no matter how Melodie pleaded with him that she loved him but she had destroyed him. Damon became more work-driven after that, got into more fights and just overall dismissed himself from the world, being more reckless. Thus that fateful night where I found him in that alleyway.

My mind was constantly racing as to how life would be from now on. Where would I live? How will Aj react to all this? What will happen next?

The Mortimers had assured me that they would find a solution and explain to Damon in little sections what he had missed out on, starting with Rose and the baby then building up to Aj and me.

As for sleeping arrangements, Aj and I would live at the Mortimer residence alongside Melodie and Damon. Having to stay with the Mortimers was reassuring to me, I wouldn't be along in this. And living in our old apartment with Damon and everything that could remind him of us and what we had would be too much all at once to take in and if everything were to be removed it would just be an extra hassle that does not need to be done.

I offered to go live at my old apartment or even, dare I say it, back in Jersey with my mother, Steven and Mia but Everleigh gasped and forbade me from ever thinking that I should live far away from this family.

I heard the front door opening and the soft voice that belonged to Melodie rang in the otherwise silent house. I was sat at the dinner table in the Mortimer residence. Everleigh to my left, Asher at the head of the table, leaving the two seats in front of me to Damon and Melodie. The two walked hand in hand looking all loved up almost making me sick to my stomach.

I had no idea how Asher and Everleigh were going to handle the situation or what they were going to say to Damon or how he will react to the news of having to move back in with his parents but at this point, I no longer wanted to think or fight.