Kaider POV (Day off)

Cinder POV

"Kai, what are we supposed to do now that we have the day off."

He shrugs, "What do normal couples do?"

"Why would I know what any other couple does but us."

He shrugs again.

The pain surges in my stomach again and I am forced to sit down like a weakling. The weakling I a trying hard not to be.

Kai stares at me a small smile creeping onto his face.

"What are you smiling about?"

He lets the smile show, "Why won't you just take the pill?"

I grit my teeth writhing around for a few seconds before I can respond, "I am fine."

Kai raises an eyebrow, "You are not fine, look at you."

I glare at him annoyed, I stand up and walk over to the corner couch and fall asleep. Leaving Kai alone to be a jerk.

Kai POV

Cinder.....

I don't know what's going on with her.

Well that's not true I know exactly what is going on with her I just don't know why.

I also don't know what to do. Cinder's on her period which means she doesn't want to do anything. I have the day off, what am I supposed to do.

I look over at Cinder who is just staring at me with a blank face unable to fall asleep.

"Cinder you wanna do anything?" I say sweetly across the room.

She groans, "Not really."

Okay.....

Cinder's off limits.....what do I do now. I stand up to leave the room. "Cinder I am going to call Iko in here to watch you okay?"

She looks at me, and I walk out the door because we both know that there is 90% that whatever is about to come out her mouth is not very loving. Iko can watch her and I can talk to Oki. Not that I have a particular thing for the guy. He is my wife's best friend's boyfriend. I just have nothing else to do. I run into Iko outside of my room, "Iko what are you doing?"

"Looking for Cinder, you know where she is?"

"Yeah she's in the office, can you watch her for me?"

"Watch her? Cinder is a grown woman."

"I know but she isn't feeling to good." I wink bluntly getting the massage across to Iko.

She nods and runs off in the direction that I came while I go in the direction she came. I knock on the door and Oki opens it immediately. 

He bows deeply and then looks up at me in wonder, like I am a miracle. "Your Majesty, how can I be of your assistance?"

"Um." I look at him, "I'm just here because I am....bored. Iko is with Cinder."

"Cinder?" Oki looks at me like I am talking a different language.

"The Empress." I say clearing my throat, rocking back on my heels. What was I thinking? Group inclusion, this guy is weird. 

"Well come on in." Oki offers making a grand gesture to his room. Not grand if you ask me but if you asked Cinder you would probably get a different answer. I was born grand, Cinder earned grand. I was raised grand, Cinder became grand. I am entitled to grand, Cinder deserves grand. 

Cinder POV

Blissful darkness. Bliss less darkness. It's all the same, darkness.

"Oow." I wake up someone has just kicked me in the stomach because someone just has. I role off the couch but get on my feet ready for a fight, pain or not. Wait no pain is definitely here. I finally look up at my attacker, it's Iko. "Spades Iko what is wrong with you?"

She has a sly grin on her face. I want to step on her ID chip and twist my foot over it until it is nothing but dust. 

I sit back on the couch holding my stomach.

"Get up Cinder, get up."

I squeeze my eyes shut, "Leave me alone."

"No."

"Go away Iko."

"No, you are going to get up right now."

I gather the strength to lift my head and look up at her, "Why?"

"Kai is miserable, and I understand that you are miserable but that is your own fault. Don't push that on anyone else.......GET UP."

The door opens and the guards burst in guns in hand. I turn my head to the side and stare at them. They stare back........ Awkward...............

They file out of the room mumbling apologies as they exit.

I look back over to Iko and she is still staring at me, disappointed. She raises her eyebrow. 

I stand up, wrapping my arms around myself the hoodie bundling up around me. "Okay, I am standing. What now?"

"We are going to Kai."

Kai.

Cinder: Where are you

Kai: In Iko's room talking to Oki. Want me to come for you...please say yes this guy is boring.

Cinder: Yes

Kai: 😍

"Ready?" Iko says looking like she actually cares for the first time in the encounter.

The door opens and Kai burst in, "I came as fast as I could, I couldn't take it."

"Oh Kai." I say like I am surprised, "What are you doing here?"

Kai looks back and forth between me and Iko for a minute confused. 

"Cinder." Iko says looking back to me, "Is there something you would like to say?"

I know she is mad that I have just called him here but at least she has her priority straight. I look down sighing "I am sorry that I left you to do.....whatever alone."

He ignores me walking towards my sad form, "Are you okay?"

"Not really, but that's okay. I'll be fine so what do you want to do?"

Kai laughs, "At this point I just want to sleep."

I look back at Iko smirking, "Me too."

"Wait Cinder, take this." Iko hands me a glass of water.

I look at it for a while, shrug and then swallow it in one gulp, "Thanks, Iko." It tastes kind of funny. I look up at Iko and she is showing all of her white pearly (fake) teeth.

"Liquid painkiller." She says slowly making sure I hear every syllable of my nemesis's name.

I hold her gaze for 2 seconds before I go crazy.

Kai POV

Cinder...oh my stars Cinder.

She starts gagging like she can pull the asprin out of her throat. And in case you were wondering, no, lunars are not water benders. I don't know what she is doing or what she is trying to accomplish. 

"Cinder, Cinder." I rub her back as she glares at Iko. "Sleep, come on. It's not going to kill you, just the pain."

She looks at me. And I lead her out of the room. Into our room and to the world of sleeping people.

I kiss her collarbone and fall asleep.

Cinder POV

I rest my case.

Darkness is darkness blissful or not.

That was...........interesting

Comment (any mistakes I happened to make because I am not as vigilant as some of you all

Vote 

Be Safe