Thress POV (Sleep guilt)

Thorne POV

I am still grinning when I get back to my room, Cress still holding my hand.

Cress yawns, "I'm tired."

I tilt my head so that I can see her better, "How in the world are you tired?"

She scoots closer to me leaning her head against my shoulder, "You didn't have two very bold woman scrutinizing every cell of your body. Iko and Scarlet made me look my best and now I just want to go to bed." She turns to me pouting, "Sorry, Thorne."

"No, no Cress it's fine. It has been a long few hours and you deserve your rest."

She lets go of my hand and walks gingerly to the bed sitting down slowly. She continues frowning, "I feel bad, this is supposed to be a special day and I am just going to waste two hours of it in bed."

I smirk, watching her rub her stomach gently, "Oh Cress, even if you weren't going to sleep, you would still be in our bed. With me of course."

Cress raises a big fat innocent eyebrow to me.

"Alright get your sleep, the sooner you go to sleep the sooner you will wake up."

She smiles at me, but then stops looking down at herself. "Can you help me out of this?"

"Sure." I smile making my move towards her, I have been waiting to hear her say that since the moment I woke up this morning. Sure the wedding is nice but it is the celebration after, in the couple's bedroom that is the real fun of it all.

Of course that is not why I am helping Cress out of her dress. She is tired, she is pregnant and she wants to go to sleep. And I honor that.

I easily unzip the dress letting it fall of her body.

"Thanks, Thorne." She steps out of it. When she turns around I can see her drooping eyelids and her small delirious smile

Cress POV

I feel like new moon, shedding darkness on everything that I can reach. Thorne wants to spend time with me, I want to spend time with him but my body will not allow such a thing. It's like it has something against me, I want to sleep and then I have to pee of throw up. Nothing comes easy anymore, but Thorne is always there for me, even I can't return the favor. Even if I can't spend quality time with him on our wedding day. "I am sorry, Thorne." I whisper under my breath, but somehow he hears me and kisses me on the top of the head.

"It is fine, Cress you don't have to apologize. It's okay, I understand."

I look up at him a smile spreading across my face, "Do you want to cuddle?"

"Of course I want to cuddle with you Cress." Thorne wrestles me into a comfortable sleeping position. Held tightly to his chest, safe.

Comment 

Vote 

Be Safe