Chapter 69| Wish

Jae:

18 years ago:

When Jungkook, Kkum, Taehyung and others were just six years olds:

"Today we will be playing the house game!" Kkum was excited today as usual. She was playing one of her favourite games with her best friend Taehyung.

"What will be my role?" Taehyung smiled gently as he asked.

"Let's see. You will be" she pointed at him and observed him carefully.

Suddenly someone pulled a strand of her hair from behind.

"Who?" She was angry as she was supposed to be. Kkum could be quite frightened when she used to get angry even when they were just children.

"Eh! Dummy Kkum got her hair pulled" six years old Jungkook mocked her.

"I swear, I will-" Kkum held the collar of his shirt.

"Why don't you continue playing your stupid game?" He remarked with a mocking smirk.

"Jungkook, don't do this to Kkum. If you don't want to play with us, you can just play with Jimin and others. We will be fine by ourselves" Taehyung said and Kkum let him go.

"Yeah right" she started organising her toys.

Jungkook pouted and went to a corner. He sat there. Suddenly he started crying.

"Baby Jungkook, what happened? Did Taehyung say something to you?" One of the house staff asked him.

"No" he sniffled.

"Then? Can you tell me what exactly happened?" Her voice was soft as ever.

"I want to play with Kkum" he cried again. The staff hugged him. She did not know what to say anymore.

She did not know why it was so complicated. But still she did not want to think that it was something inferior or minor than others' problems.

A few months later:

"Where is Kkum?" Taehyung asked Jimin as he was about to go to abroad. But Kkum still did not come to meet him.

"She is in her room" they were in the Parks' mansion.

"Why? Why didn't she come to see me off?" Taehyung was feeling unfair.

"She is grumpy and doesn't want to see anybody" Jimin talked about his sister.

"Then I'm going to her" Taehyung said.

"Kkum. I'm coming in" he knocked once, saying it.

Kkum was standing beside the window. She did not look grumpy. She looked gloomy.

"Don't. Just go to where you are supposed to."

"Kkum I-" Taehyung held her hands,

"I swear I will be back before you know it" Taehyung said.

"You promise?" Kkum's face lit up just hearing this one sentence.

"I do" he said and he was gone.

Kkum did not eat or sleep for days. Her parents could not do anything about it.

One day Kkum was playing with her toys, alone.

"Can I play with you, too?" She looked up and it was Jungkook.

"Only if you want" he said.

Kkum was stunned. She never expected Jungkook to say that. He troubled her the most. She did not know how much courage Jungkook had to gather before approaching her.

"But why? You don't like this game" she said, surprised.

"I do. I like any game if I can play with you."

Her eyes widened but only for a second. The corners of her lips curved as she smiled.

"Thank you" only if she knew that she wanted to play with him too. It was her wish.

At present:

"I don't understand. Have you gone crazy? You kissed who?" Mihae was making a fuss over it.

"Should I have not told you?" I was intimidated.

She crossed her legs, "It is the second time already!"

"Uhm. It's the third time." I avoided her gaze.

"Wha― Well the damage is already done. So―"

I looked down and sighed,

"Do you intend to help me?"

"Did anything unusual happened on that day?" Mihae asked me. Her detective mode was on.

"Jungkook started to drive me home from that day" I tried to remember.

"So that was the first day-"

"Oh yes" I made a fist and put it on another hand's palm,

"I had gotten my periods that day. I was early that month. It was all of a sudden-"

"That has to be it" Mihae interrupted me.

"What now?" I was confused.

Mihae sat in a more relaxed position. She smirked,

"That's why they say, "Don't let a woman make important decisions on her periods." She smiled crookedly afterwards.

"Who says that?" I tilted my head.

"Me?" She pointed to herself.

I sighed again,

"It's not going anywhere. I will admit. I myself thought that I kissed him because I was emotionally distressed. It was an urge. Jungkook thought that too and made me stop. I-"

"Nah" Mihae cut my words off again, "I was not talking about you."

"Huh?" She was really difficult to interpret.

"You simply wanted to kiss him" she eyed me carefully.

"What? How can you say that?" It was totally absurd. I was far away from just forgiving him yet.

"You are in love with Jungkook, Kkum. You already confessed. Remember?"

I looked at her. She was right. I could not even lie to get my way out. It was certified.

"But I can't just forget what happened in the past" I started to tear up by just thinking about it.

"Why not?" Mihae's voice was soft, "You were both still in school at that time."

"So what? He should have been able to understand how would I feel if my best friend had suddenly stopped talking me. I could understand it even in elementary school!" I was raged.

"I'm sorry, Kkum. Jungkook was a child. That's what I could decipher from what I had heard all this time. Also boys mature a lot later than girls." Mihae made sense, unexpectedly.

"Do you mean it?" I asked in a low voice.

"Listen to what I say, Jungkook truly cares for you. I can understand it. Also you both will be happy with each other. You both like each other. It's not any period craving."

"What if he leaves me again?" I looked up at her, "Just like the last time."

________

Don't forget to vote please.

I will update tomorrow again!