Chapter 46| Mood Swings

Your POV:

I was exhausted after a long day of working and going to a wedding.

"At least the food was good" I said as I rubbed my stomach.

I changed into comfortable pajamas, brushed my teeth and sat down to check the reports of my parents' monthly medical checkup.

"Everything looks fine" I mumbled to myself.

I was in my parents' room. But they were not there. I was alone in the bedroom. Suddenly something caught my eye. It was kept on the top shelf of Mom's study table.

I went there and took the photo album out. It was filled with our childhood photos.

In one picture, Jungkook was pinching my cheek and I was a crying mess. We were probably four years olds at that time.

That was when I remembered. When we were really little Taehyung was closer to me than Jungkook. He used to take care of me. Because Jimin and Taehyung were always best friends. Thus he was nice to me too.

After Taehyung went to abroad, I got so alone that I could not make any other friends than the seven boys. After that Jungkook supported me. He was my new best friend. He was already there when I needed him.

He never let me feel the absence of Taehyung. I was kind of mad at Taehyung for leaving me alone. So I did not even want to hear his name from anyone.

But I wondered what happened after he came back, to make me fall for him. I sighed. I was actually stupid.

I should have known that it was Taehyung. He was never trustworthy.

But then again nobody was trustworthy. Jungkook also left me like he did. Jungkook was even worse. He plainly just ignored me being just right in front of me.

My eyes got teary again. I could not cry again. I did not want to, not for them. They did not deserve it.

I closed the album and returned to my room. I had a whole lot of work the next day to do.

"Where did you get this sofa?" I said as I jumped a few more times on it.

"Sit down, properly" Yoongi said keeping a poker face.

I mimicked his way of making me behave.

"I am cutting you out from the plans, Kkum" he used his ugly tongue again.

"How can you cut the the maid of honour out?" Soyeon said to Yoongi making me gasp.

"The maid of honour?" I questioned.

"Yes. I don't have any sisters or cousin sisters. My close friends also don't live in this town. They are not even going to able to come to the wedding-"

"What kind of close friends are they?" Yoongi asked her like a dumb person would.

"Anyway, that's not my point. Since I will not have anyone closer than Kkum at the wedding, I would like her to be my maid of honour. Also she supported me a lot since I met her, she took care of me like a sister would. So nobody can be a better match."

I could cry at her words.

"Also you, my would be husband," she pointed at Yoongi, "You need to stop cutting my words off."

Yoongi gulped.

"Thank you so much, Soyeon. I feel so honoured. I never saw that coming" I said being grateful.

"I meant every word I said" she held my hands, "Thank you for all these."

"Then what about the best man?" Jimin asked bringing his own problems.

"It's me, right?" Seokjin said wiggling his eyebrows.

"No. It should be totally be me" Hoseok put on a frown.

Yoongi rubbed his temples.

"I knew that you all will going to be like this. So I have thought of an idea."

"Do you actually think so much for us?" Taehyung mocked Yoongi.

Yoongi glared at him and he stopped laughing.

"Let's hear your idea" Namjoon proposed.

I looked over at Jungkook. He was on his phone, not getting bothered by the conversation we were having.

I wondered what could have made him so cold like this.

"So here it is. I will write your names on pieces of papers. Then we will mix it up. After that I will pick just one card. Whoever's name will come up, will be my best man" Yoongi explained,

"I thought there will be eight candidates. But thanks to Soyeon, we are one down."

"What? Why in the sweet hell would I want to be your best man?" I was shocked.

"Well" Yoongi stammered, "you are one of my best friends."

"Well I am flattered" I sarcastically said. He totally forgot that I was a woman, didn't he?

We acted according to Yoongi's plan. The boys were really nervous as Yoongi picked up a card.

He opened it. He looked at all of our expressions narrowing his eyes.

"Just cut the tension" I scolded.

"It's Jungkook" he showed us the paper for us to read his name.

Jungkook still did not notice.

"Hey there, backbencher" Yoongi called, "Why have you come to school if you are not attentive enough?"

"Why? Did something happen?" Jungkook asked.

"You got picked as my best man. The boys groaned as Yoongi said the full sentence.

"Oh. It's for the best. I will do a good job" he smiled.

"I need some fresh air" I got up and came outside.

I sat on the porch. I was having mixed feelings.

Jungkook's POV:

I was scrolling through my phone, not really watching anything. I kept thinking about the time I acted mean towards Kkum. She did not deserve any of these behaviours.

I wanted to be good to her. But situations always seemed to come in the way.

From now on, no matter what happened, I promised myself to take good care of Kkum.

I went outside where Kkum was sitting.

"I heard that you got picked as the maid of honour" I smiled before sitting beside her,

"Get well prepared for our best man and bridesmaid dance."

She looked at me and tried to read my expression. Then she looked down and said,

"Seriously what is up with your mood swings?"

_________

Vote for the chapter please.

Jungkook is actually serious about treating Kkum better.