Chapter 27| Out Loud

"Yeontan forgot about you."

I looked at him. He had been dripping with sweat.

"Aww. My son was working out. Why are you so hard on yourself?" Aunt Kim asked Taehyung.

"I am an athlete, mom" he said and hugged her.

"Don't get the sweat on me" she said and I laughed.

"What's so funny, huh?" Taehyung said coming towards me.

"That you are at home in daytime" I said changing the topic.

"You are not in your workplace as well" he said.

"I wanted to accompany aunt Kim" I said shrugging.

Taehyung eyed me suspiciously,

"For a doctor, aren't you slacking off a bit too much?"

"You are the one to talk" I scoffed.

"I am not a doctor" he said.

"Whatever!"

"Tan. Yeonie. Yeontanie. Tannie" I was trying to call him in various ways to make him come to me.

"Stop. He is not going to" Taehyung said making me squint my eyes.

"Don't be so rude, dear. I will keep the dishes in the fridge" Aunt Kim said.

"What's so good about staying in the house all the time? That too alone?" I asked him.

"I don't know. It's just so comfortable and all. It would have been even better if I had a girl in it" he said and winked at me.

"You are creepy as hell. No can do. You are calling your manager and ask him about your schedule so that you can be there. You are going crazy staying alone like that" I said to him.

He took the remote and changed the channel,

"It's not gonna happen anytime soon."

I stood in front of him blocking the TV from his sight. I took the remote from him to get his attention fully,

"I don't care. It has to happen in five minutes" I yelled.

Taehyung held my hand and made me sit back on the couch. He hovered over me before saying,

"You are not the one who can decide."

He made me aware of his closeness to me. His nose almost touched mine. I could feel his warm breath. And that meant he could, too.

I bumped my head purposely onto his so that he would get away from me.

"Ouch" But it was me who winced in pain.

"Soft headed" he commented before sitting beside me again.

I used the remote which was in my hand and hit his arm.

He flexed and said,

"You have to try harder."

"You did not-" I said and was about to kick his waist.

"I am so sorry for bringing you here with me Kkum" Aunt Kim said coming in and my revenge could not be completed.

Taehyung chuckled from beside me.

"It's okay. I did not have much to do anyway" I lied.

"Let's go now, shall we?" She said but her hopeful eyes looked for Taehyung.

Taehyung got up and pecked on his mother's forehead.

"I will miss you" he hugged her.

"Then why don't you come back home?" Aunt Kim asked and Taehyung's face fell.

"Aww" I could not help adoring them. They both looked at me,

"Oh. It's just because Tan finally came to me" I said as I hold onto Tan closely to me.

Taehyung just sighed.

"It's okay. He will agree to stay with you later on" I said to aunt Kim on phone.

"Dr. Park, how is it going with the new thesis you are working on?" A professor came into my chamber and asked me.

"I will call you back later" I hung up and said,

"Oh. It's going good but I was actually wondering if I really should be doing it. Shouldn't I be in the ER now?" I asked him about the patient who just came in.

"No. Dr. Han is handling him. You should study now to check what you missed through the days you were not in the hospital" he said.

"Come on, Professor Jung, you know me. I obviously would not slack off on purpose. I was injured and I just used up all my leaves. I will always be around here from now on, at least for the rest of the year" I said to him.

"I will see about that" he said and walked away.

"Iced americano" I heard that particular voice which I did not like to hear at anytime of the day.

I was in a café to complete my work on thesis since they were not letting me do any practical work at the hospital anyway.

The machine indicated that someone came in. But I did not bother to look untill I heard that voice.

It was Sunghee's voice. I looked at her.

Jungkook was there sitting across her.

Mihae did not know much about me and Jungkook. Otherwise she would never suggest that I should ask Jungkook about the kiss. I was right from the very first. I should just avoid it, maybe forget that it happened.

Probably he was trying to do it too. Maybe Mihae was actually right. It happened in the heat of the moment. It should not mean anything since he was with Sunghee now, the person I hated so much.

I packed my things and was about to leave hoping that they did not notice me.

Jungkook was on his phone while Sunghee was still checking the menu.

"Kkum!" She called me as I was opening the door to get out of there.

Jungkook looked at me too.

I could be wrong but it seemed that his eyes softened as soon as it landed on me.

"Were you here alone? I think it's high time you should date someone" she said in a top notch voice.

"Then I think you should bring an actual date with you too" I said scoffing before getting out.

I still could not straight up believe that they were exclusive. For some reason my heart said that Jungkook knew better than dating a person like her.

"There is no use of asking it. I swear. It's not like if he said that it meant anything, I would start dating him or anything" I recorded the voice mail and sent it to Mihae.

I might sound desperate. But I really needed to hear this out loud.

_____________

Don't forget to vote please~~

Who are still team Taehyung?