Chapter 47| Best Friends

Your POV:

Five Years Ago:

I was playing badminton with Jiah since she had nobody for her to play with. Jungkook was still in the hospital, getting treated. Though he was much better then.

Suddenly the shuttlecock got stuck on a wall.

"I will get it" I reassured little Jiah.

I jumped up and down to get it but I could not. Then I saw another hand getting stretched and reaching for the shuttlecock.

"Thanks" I turned back thinking it was some butler.

But it was Jungkook.

"You" my voice broke seeing him standing perfectly.

He grinned at me.

"Badminton might be a winter game but it's really cold outside to play it" he stated.

I hugged him.

"I had missed you so much" my voice broke again.

"You saw me almost everyday, Kkum" he caressed my hair.

Jungkook returned to the school. The boys and I had lunch together. They started having fun as they used to.

Hoseok went to abroad for a couple of years with his family. They had to move because of their family business.

I sneaked out from my biology class saying that I had bad headache. Taehyung and I could not see each other after Jungkook had returned.

I knew Taehyung was not attending the class. So he should be in an empty classroom in the fourth floor.

I started searching for him. All of a sudden, someone pulled me. I bumped into a hard chest.

"There you are" I felt relieved hearing Taehyung's voice.

As soon as I met his eyes, he flashed his boxy smile. He looked beautiful.

I brushed his hair out of his face. He kept looking at me the whole time.

I cupped his face and kissed him. He kissed me back in a second. We both missed each other though it had not even been that long.

I made Taehyung sit on the staircase. Usually nobody used come there at that time.

I unboxed my lunch which I said that I had brought for myself as I pretended to have a headache.

But actually I had brought it for Taehyung. For some reason, he never used to bring packed lunch from home. I kind of knew he did that on purpose.

He always used to be angry on his family members. So I figured that might be the reason for him to not bring any lunch.

I never asked him about his family issues. Though I had planned to do it sooner or later.

We shared my lunch and Taehyung ate relishing the taste.

Jungkook's POV:

I was supposed to attend half a day at school. So I was going to home. It felt nice to leave before school was over. I felt victorious that I was sick.

"Can't we just tell others?" It was Kkum's voice, "I am sure that they will understand" she continued.

I saw Taehyung and Kkum sitting together on the staircase.

"No, they won't. You know what, Jungkook doesn't think highly about me. I mean he is my friend. But he will never let you date me. Do you remember about that time, our parents were called and Jungkook got so worried if you were dating me?"

My heart felt like it could fall out of my chest anytime. It felt as if there was a hole in my chest.

My eyes widened. I was shocked. I needed to get out of there.

I dropped my backpack in the living room and went to my bedroom. I should have understood that she was lying.

They were dating. Otherwise there was no reason for them to be together during class period.

I felt vulnerable. I took a sick leave from school for another week. I did not pick anyone's calls or talk to anyone. Kkum came to our house numerous times. But I did not let her meet me.

I could not. I never could look at her face thinking that she could never be mine, that her heart belonged to someone else.

Just like that, I decided to cut off my ties with her. I could only be fine again if I maintained my distance with her.

Also I did not want to be the one to stand between her and Taehyung.

After a week, I went to school. At first, I did not sit with the group anymore. They wanted to accompany me a lot. But I used to be always the silent partner.

Gradually I started talking to a few of them. I always answered them, that too as short as possible.

I could not bring myself to talk to Taehyung and Kkum. Kkum used to follow me the whole time she did not have any class.

But I knew it was best for her if I just avoided her. She would never want to be friends with me as soon as she would get to know about me. I would have hated that.

"What is the matter with you?" Kkum said as I was keeping something in my locker.

I did not answer. She shut the locker closed.

"I am asking you something" she had fury in her beautiful eyes.

I raised an eyebrow.

"You were perfectly fine when you came back to school. Then what suddenly happened to make you change like that?"

The bell rang to my rescue and I made my way to my class.

I locked my bedroom and gotten freshened up before changing into sweatpants and a t-shirt.

"Let me in" Kkum kept punching on my door. She would get hurt.

"Jungkook!" She called again.

"Jungkook, dear. Kkum has come to meet you. Please unlock the door" it was my mom.

"Jungkook please" Kkum's voice broke.

I walked up to the door and for once I was about to open it. But then I remembered about her and Taehyung.

A tear escaped my eyes. I plopped down on the floor, my back was pinned with my door.

"Jungkook" Kkum whispered. It seemed as if she talked in my ear.

It meant she was down on the floor too. She sobbed.

"I swear I can make it right if you would just say what is wrong with me."

I closed my eyes as more tears rolled down my face.

"I know you are listening."

I fought back my urge to answer her.

She spoke again.

"Best friends, aren't we?"

____________

Vote for the chapter please.

So this is what the story was behind Jungkook avoiding Kkum and them not being friends anymore which Kkum still doesn't know.

One more mystery remains which is the reason behind Kkum and Taehyung's bickering. It will also get revealed soon.

As I had said nothing is beyond your imagination.