Chapter 93| His Oasis

"Have you been well, your highness, the Bang Dayeon?" Taehyung sarcastically said, coming into Dayeon's conference. A vein popped on the female's forehead who was sitting at the center of the table.

"Sir, you can't come barging in like that." A security guard tried to persuade him. "Please excuse us for a moment," Dayeon requested her colleagues with a pretentious smile on her face.

Taehyung flashed a smirk, watching his ex and the mother of his son getting more and more annoyed at him by the passing moment. "What in the fucking hell happened now that brought you here?" She spoke after everyone had left.

"Well, as much as it's a fact that annoying you is my favourite pastime, this time you really crossed the limit to cause it."

"What did I do?" The female asked innocently to which Taehyung quirked an eyebrow. "Do you actually not know or are you just that dumb?" Dayeon stepped towards him. "Stop beating around the bushes, Kim Taehyung. Just get straight to the point. I don't have all the time in the world for you."

"For your information, I also skipped a sports interview just to have this pointless conversation with my favourite ex."

"I'm asking for the third time, what happened?"

"You missed your only son's parents' meeting at his school." Dayeon's expression changed at the mention of it. She had totally forgotten about it. These days she had been extremely busy with her work.

"Tell me, Dayeon, what does he get by being the topper in his school, by achieving something prestigious almost in every three months." The female was embarrassed. She could not respond anything to Taehyung.

"I guess, being the CEO of Bang company is your only priority now." He let out a scoff. "Then why don't you give me his custody and let him change his last name to Kim? Do you really think you deserve to be called Chan's mother?"

"That's enough, Taehyung!"

"No, it isn't. I could go on all day about you being irresponsible towards our child."

Little did they know, Chan was standing outside the conference room, overhearing his parents' conversation. He had come to meet his mother to go home with her. Instead of doing that, he took a deep breath before coming out of the building.

Chan went to the Jeons' mansion where he was always welcome. "Look who's here," Jiah chimed, "Come have dinner with us, Chan?"

The younger male smiled. "Are uncle and aunt Jeon home yet?"

"No but Minah is at her room. You can go talk to her if you want. I am gonna have dinner with mom and dad now."

"Okay, I will bring Minah to the dining table, then." Chan went upstairs to Minah's room, being very familiar with the house. Knocking twice on her door, he muttered, "Coming in, idiot."

Minah was in the washroom. Chan went inside and sat on her bed before browsing through her bookshelf. What kinda high school student's bookshelf is filled with comic books?

"Does she even study at all?"

"Yes, she does," Minah said, pursing her lips, "Who gave you permission to come in my bedroom?" Chan let out a scoff. "Do I need really?" The female puffed her cheeks. "Yes, you do and you also need permission before going through my stuffs."

"Why?" He smirked. "Is there something I can't see?" Chan randomly picked a notebook to annoy her. "Keep it down, Chan." He hid it behind his back when Minah tried to snatch it from him. "Don't wanna. What can you do, midget?"

"Give it back, please." Chan ignored her pleadings and started running through the room with Minah following him. Suddenly the female bumped onto a chair and stumbled. Chan tried to hold her and fell on the bed on top of her.

Minah flushed red. Once again, they were dangerously close to each other. She could not recognise the feeling whenever this type of situation arised. It was new and unfamiliar to her.

Chan kept staring at her. The earlier smug expression was long gone. He felt completely helpless in front of her at these times. But he acted first, sitting upright. "That's what you get for not listening to me," he mumbled before picking up the notebook which he had dropped in all the commotion.

A picture slid out of the notebook. It was a polaroid picture of Minah and Donghyuck at her birthday party a month ago. Both of their faces were smeared in cake. Donghyuck's arm was wrapped around the birthday girl's waist. They looked the happiest couple in the world.

"I'm sorry," he apologized, returning it to Minah, "Didn't mean to pry."

"That's what you get for not listening to me," the female mimicked her.

At that moment, Chan's phone ringed. He took it out to see Dayeon calling him. Chan ignored the call and put his phone on silent mode.

No matter how much hurt he was to see the couple picture of Donghyuck and Minah, he did not want to see his parents that night.

He needed Minah to stay by his side at that time. She was his comfort zone after all—his oasis.

_________

Vote for the chapter please!

So Chan decided to crash at Jeon's place for the night. I kinda feel bad for him. Taehyung and Dayeon keep fighting all the time.