Chapter 72| Tiny Steps

"It has become loose again" I whined.

"I will fix it. Don't worry" Mihae said as she fiddled with the otaiko of my yukata.

"I don't understand why we have to wear it" I sighed.

"So that we can see you in yukata" Taehyung smirked.

"Shut up. Why are you in my room?" I snapped at him.

"Because it's hard to walk wearing geta" he came towards me,

"Also look how we match" he showed off his yukata.

"Whatever" I looked down.

Then I looked at him again,

"Where is Dayeon?" I asked Taehyung.

"How would I know?" He shrugged.

"Didn't you invite her?" I was shocked.

"Nope" he took a seat again.

"Tae, call her now!"

"No. Why? I don't want her to be here."

"But aren't you dating her?" I thought everything was alright between them after he got injured.

"That's long gone" he looked away.

"If you won't call her, I am calling her."

"She won't come if you do" he smirked again and left the room.

I could not say anything else. I tried to talk to Dayeon but she did not pick my phone up.

What was I expecting?

I got prepared and went to the terrace of the Jeons' house. We were about to light to lanterns and fireworks there that night.

I looked for Jungkook but could not find him anywhere. It was definitely hard to walk wearing geta. But it was Seokjin's idea to make the theme traditional Japanese.

I eventually found Jungkook. He was playing with fireworks with Jiah. Jiah seemed really happy with him. Without realising, I kept staring at the siblings.

Jiah was wearing a beautiful pink yukata. I was wearing a light blue coloured yukata. My hair was tied in a bun leaving the bangs over my forehead. A strand of hair was braided and put together with the bun.

But seeing Jiah's untied hair, I thought if it would have been better to keep mine untied as well.

Jungkook was wearing a black turtle neck sweater. I was disappointed to see that he was not in yukata. I really wanted to see him in one.

Jungkook suddenly noticed me. He smiled as soon as his eyes fell upon mine. He came towards me.

"You have tried a different hairstyle tonight" he tilted his head making me blush.

"Yeah" I tried to sound as confident as I could.

"You look pretty" he grinned.

I controlled my lips from curling upwards.

"But you look the same as always" I complained.

"Ah about this. I am sorry. I was not feeling like wearing an yukata tonight" he scratched the back of his neck.

I touched his face. I did it a lot lately.

"Please let me know what you are going through" I said what was in my mind.

He smiled but somehow it looked sad.

"I already told you everything. I just feel really lonely" he held my hand which was on his face,

"This thought struck me when dad fell ill and it still has not left" he squeezed my hand a little,

"I guess I just want someone to rely one. I am really pathetic, aren't I?" He grimaced.

I did not know what to say at that time.

What would be the best thing to say to him?

It was all I could think at that time.

"Anyway, let's go" he took my hand and dragged me to where everyone else was.

I knew that I had to do something for him. It had to happen at that night. But I was not sure what I could do, to make him happy.

I also knew that I had to make some alone time with him so that I could talk to him. I could not do that in front of everyone else.

We lit up the lampions. Me and Jiah tried to make it fly together. It was a lot of fun playing with fireworks. My eyes were always on Jungkook.

I tugged on Jungkook's sleeve. He looked at me and held my wrist, pulling me close to him.

"What is it?" All of them were making a lot of noise. It was hard for him to hear me.

"I want you to wear yukata" I blurted out.

"Huh?"

"You heard it" I said. I pretty much yelled while speaking.

"But everyone will leave now" he showed me the time on his watch.

"I don't care" I whispered.

"Huh?" This time he really could not hear me.

"I want to see it" I was determined.

"Oh okay. I will see if there is still any left to wear." Jungkook eventually obeyed and went to get changed.

Everyone left after a while. I waited for Jungkook. He came and sat beside me.

"You look good" I complimented him smiling.

He laughed.

"It's weird to hear you compliment me."

"Just accept it already" I squinted my eyes.

"Thank you" Jungkook looked ahead.

"I saved one" I showed him a lampion.

"You want us to light it together?" He asked and I nodded.

Jungkook carefully lit it.

"Make a wish" I said and closed my eyes. I heard Jungkook chuckling but ignored it.

We held it together before sending it up in the sky.

"It's so beautiful" I was awestruck.

"I have been meaning to tell you something" I heard Jungkook's voice. But I wanted to keep looking at the lantern for a longer period of time.

I did not listen to my heart and looked at him.

"I knew that you were hiding something" I stated the obvious.

He let out a laugh.

"What is it that you want to tell me?" I asked.

"I love you."

My eyes widened.

He stared into my eyes. He softly held my hand.

"You don't have to say anything. I just wanted you to know how I feel."

Before I knew it, I started crying.

"I am sorry. Indeed I should not have said it now. You were enjoying so much. Now you are crying because of me" he started fretting.

"Can you shut up for a moment?" I hugged him taking all of his warmth as he hugged me back.

"You won't be alone, Jungkook. I will be there for you."

That's it. That's the thing I should've said at that time.

_________

Don't forget to vote!

Finally a proper confession!
How was it??

Good To You | 🅙.🅙.🅚 🅕🅕 [COMPLETED (✓)]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara