Chapter 29| Soulful

I straight out went outside to get some air. I sat on a bench and looked down. I closed my eyes.

I resisted the impulse of going inside my car and driving it till I was home but while crying the whole way.

Neither I could cry here nor I could drive. Since it led to an accident the last time. I just could feebly sit there untill I knew I was okay enough to drive to my home.

"You can do a bit much more to me than the earlier poking now" it was Jungkook's voice, soft like it was years ago.

I could not look up. My eyes were still shut.

"I mean if it helped you to ease" it seemed like he was fighting with his words, struggling to say something comforting.

"If you just want to cry then, you could do it too. I will drop you off" I looked at him this time, too engrossed in my feelings.

"I just got fired" I let it out.

Jungkook breathed.

"Let me talk to them" he got up and I closed my eyes again.

"You are not going to do it. Not while I am still here. I am not a little kid who complains behind their backs without saying anything plausible up front" I covered my face.

It was too much for me.

"Kkum-" he kept his hand on the top of my head.

"You don't have to do this" I said looking at him,

"You can just go inside. I will figure something out, maybe call Jimin to pick me up" I took his hand in mine.

He did not dare to take it back.

"Your actions are not quite following your words" he said indicating me holding his hand.

"Oh" I said but did not loose my grip on his hand.

He sat beside me. We sat in silence for a long time.

"By the way, you look stunning in this dress" Jungkook complimented.

Don't say that. I wanted to say to Jungkook. We both knew what happened after he said that last time.

"Thanks" I managed to say.

Jungkook dropped me off to my home. My plan to be completely vulnerable did not quite work out.

We sat in the car after we reached at my house.

"So what are you going to do now?" He asked me.

"I am not fired. I am being transferred. But that's firing for me. That hospital, that branch is my home. How could they do this to me?" I whined.

"I thought someone is not a little kid" he chirped.

"Yeah. And I will prove that to you. I will fight my way back into the hospital. That too, tomorrow" I bluffed, not knowing if I actually could do this.

"Okay" he gave up letting out a chuckle.

I wanted to scowl at him.

But shouldn't we kiss now? I mean he came to drop me off. We both were dressed nicely. We were sitting inside a car. The situation was perfect again.

He complimented me too.

"Do you want me to come with you? To help you with the explaining part?" He asked noticing my unmoving self.

"N- no. I am not going to explain anything. I will not let it happen. I will continue to work in this branch" I said looking ahead.

"You will" he took a strand of my hair to put it behind my ear. His cold hand against my skin gave me chills.

At that moment I was much warmer than him. I really should not stay here any longer.

"I am gonna go" I said and got out of the car. I could not let it happen again.

It was raining since morning.

"Mom, should it rain now?" I whined.

"Why are you so upset about it?" She asked.

I was not the type to hate any season actually. It depended on my mood. And I was not in a mood for rain.

"Nothing. I am going to leave for work now. Wish me luck" I smiled widely.

"Why? Is there a big surgery today or something?" She asked suppressing her laugh.

"No. But soon there will be" I said with confidence though I had zero plans.

I straight away went to Professor Jung's room as soon as I reached at the hospital.

"I worked my head off on that damn thesis because you said that you will let me get back on work after that" I said storming into his office.

"Dr. Park-"

"Don't do that" I cut him off.

"Kkum, dear, it's not in my hands. I know how passionate you are about your work. But I only did this because I was ordered to" he explained himself.

"I don't care. Since I have done what they needed me to do, I should be working by now, right?" I was furious.

"It was their decision" he said in a low voice.

"And you didn't even say anything" my voice broke at the end.

Professor Jung taught me everything. He was my mentor. He always praised me highly as his student. Then how could he just send me away like that? I was hurt and mad.

"Look who is here" said Dr. Han who stole my position from me.

"You are so gonna go down" I said looking at him.

"Yeah. I have a surgery in an hour. I must go downstairs" he smirked.

"You know what, we all know that I am more capable than you. I don't need to prove anything to you" I scowled at him.

"You are not allowed to prove anything. You are not even allowed in the OT now" he smirked yet again.

"You son of a-"

"Stop both of you. You will not create a scene in my office. Dr. Park, please leave for now. I will talk to you later" Professor Jung said.

I fought with the tears that were ready to flow more each second. I stomped off out of the building. I didn't want to cry in front of them.

I didn't feel like going anywhere far. I just sat on a chair which was kept outside the hospital. I guessed it was a good thing that it was raining that day. I did not have to try hard to hide my tears.

"Didn't know you liked rain this much."

No sooner than my eyes had met his, I hugged him, more tightly than ever.

_____________

Vote for the chapter please~

Who do you think has come?

My new Taehyung FF. It's on my profile. I hope you will check it out.