Chapter 32| Secret Santa

Your POV:

Jungkook pulled me towards him making me fall onto his chest. I tried my best to make myself free from him. But he was exceptionally strong.

"Jungkook, can you let me go?" I whispered but he did not respond.

I did not want to wake him up nor did I want to be jailed by him.

Is it time to be a little selfish? I thought to myself. I tried to jerk him off but ended up getting even more jailed.

I took a hold of his earlobe and yelled,

"Let me go!" Jungkook got up hurriedly and let go of me already considering the shock I had caused for him.

"Hey. I- I'm sorry" he said looking down and I took the chance to get up.

"But that's not the way to wake up a patient" he said looking at me this time.

I squinted my eyes before getting a thermometer.

"I think your temperature has decreased a bit but the fever has not subsided yet" I said and gave him the thermometer for him to check it.

"Really?" I might be wrong but somehow his voice sounded sad.

"I guess" I shrugged.

"It might subside by the end of the day" he said after the thermometer showed it's read.

"That's awesome. Now you can drink the soup I had made for you last night!" I exclaimed.

"Last night?" He said. Was he suffering from memory loss or what?

"Yes. I kept it in fridge. Lucky you!" I exclaimed again and he gulped like he did before.

"Kkum, I don't think that I am strong enough yet" he said bitterly.

"Oh stop it. I know you are" I said and took his hand in mine to pull him out of the bed.

"I need to freshen up first" he said halting outside of his bedroom.

"Yeah and I also need to warm it up" I said before dashing out to the kitchen.

I waited before Jungkook could finish it fully.

"How was it?" I asked.

"Good" he smiled.

"Then why did you make a scene yesterday?" I asked him hitting his arm.

Jungkook winced at that light hit.

"Kkum eonni, it was not edible" Jiah said shaking her head and left home to go to her school.

Did she taste it too?

"Umm" I sheepishly smiled.

"No, it was okay" Jungkook said and got up,

"Aren't you going to your work today?" He asked me.

"I am not going anywhere" I said getting frustrated.

"Why? Just because it's a new place?" He raised his eyebrows.

"You know it. That place means a lot to me" I said getting up too.

"You are a doctor, Kkum. As far as I know you, you will work anywhere as long it serves your purposes" he said holding my shoulders with both of his hands.

"What about you?" I asked him.

"I get to take rest today. I just recovered and all" he said happily.

"Okay then I will get going" I was about to leave.

Then I came back again to say,

"You sure you don't need any help?"

"I am fine, Kkum" he said reassuring me.

"Got it" I had no other choice than to leave.

I came to my house in one of Jungkook's cars and changed into decent clothes. I was in Jungkook's clothes since last night.

It was my first day at a new branch. I went to work with a little bit of over confidence since everyone would already know me that I came from the main branch.

But then again I was a lot anxious thinking what they might wonder the reason for me to get transferred to their branch.

"Park Kkum's cabin" I said to the receptionist so she could let me know the way.

"There she is" I looked over to see Professor Jung.

"Why?" I could only speak one word.

Jungkook's POV:

After Kkum left, I quickly called the authority of her hospital. I had convinced Kkum to work at the new branch.

But I could not let her do it. It was not acceptable for such a talented doctor like her to get transferred without any reason. It was not fair for the patients too.

I let the authorities know that my company would not keep any partnership with them if they did not bring Kkum back that instant.

They agreed when they understood that I was not kidding. Also I told them to not let Kkum know about it.

I lied down on the bed again. I was missing Kkum's warmth already.

Your POV:

"I am not going anywhere" I said storming into my new cabin.

"Dr. Park, I apologize for my mistake" he apologized.

"I am not going to be there after just hearing a sorry from you" I said boldly.

"I also have brought the official apology letter from the authority for our mistake" Professor Jung said.

"Let me see it" I took the paper from him.

"Sure."

"Then why all this drama?" I asked him getting tired because of all these, after seeing the letter.

"I can only apologise. It was from the higher authorities" he said looking down.

I sighed. Then I took a deep breath and sucked it in.

"That's it? Now I will work there like nothing happened?" I asked him.

"Nothing happened, Kkum. Everything is the same. Everyone will respect you the same" he tried to assure me.

"We will see about that" I said looking away. I wondered what awaited me in the main branch where I used to work before.

I phoned Jungkook let him know that I was called into the main branch again. But he was not picking it up.

Did he get sick again?

Then I called Jiah. She picked it up.

"Hey Jiah" I greeted her.

"Eonnie, I am still at school" she said to me.

"Oh. I am really sorry to disturb you. But do you know where Jungkook is. He isn't picking my calls up"

"No you didn't. I was on a break anyway. But oppa is not home now. They are hanging out somewhere. He texted me the address. Do you want it too?" She asked me.

I was totally pissed off at him. I was getting worried sick thinking about him and he didn't even feel the need to let me know. He just told Jiah about it.

"You bet I do" I replied.

_____________

Do vote for the chapter please~~

How was your day so far?