Chapter 89| Perfect Anyway

"I want to bring your skull out and see how thick it really is, blockhead!"

"You are so mean!" Minah closed the notebook and slammed the table with it. "So rude! I don't want to do this anymore." She threw her hands up in the air.

"Do what? You make it seem like, I am making you do my homework something. It's for you dumbass! For you to pass in your retest!" Chan ran his fingers through his hair, getting frustrated.

"I already showed you how to do it fifteen minutes ago. How can you get it wrong again?" He was seriously surprised with her level.

This girl should not be in high school.

"It's because I have got such a bad tutor who keeps insulting me all the time and calls me names." The girl mumbled while pouting. She was still sulking.

"Geez what a baby." Chan put his head down on the desk. "Okay I won't insult you anymore. Now try to solve this problem again." His voice was low.

"Also stop saying scary things. What's up with taking my skull out?" The female's nose scrunched up.

"Okay." Chan sighed. "I won't. You still don't understand that I'm asking you to study because of you, don't you?"

"Of course, not." Minah poked the side of his forehead with his index finger. Chan immediately caught her hand to stop her. "Did you forget about your deal already? I am supposed to stay away from you, remember?"

"Yeah right." The black haired male rolled his eyes. He knew it very well that it was not going happen. Minah could not distance herself from him.

"It is supposed to be sarcastic, isn't it?" The girl punched his arm lightly. Chan did not bother to do anything this time. "You did it again. You broke your promise. Ah―" she dramatically fell back on her chair, "I don't know anymore."

"Ugh. I never promised anything." Minah glared at him, indicating him to save this conversation. He groaned. "Okay. I guess I am sorry."

Chan was done with this 16 years old child in front of him. It was too difficult to educate her even though it was for her own benefit.

"Not so easily." Minah huffed her cheeks pouting even more.

"So what do you want me to do? Kiss you to make your pout disappear?"

Chan said it too casually, not thinking about any consequence. He would never do it half-assed. Minah was silent for a second, getting a little flustered at the mention of kiss.

"Don't you even dare," she warned after composing herself.

The next day was a parent's meeting at the school. Minah combed her hair and then sat for a long time in front of the mirror, staring at her own reflection.

What the fuck is wrong with me?

She was sulking at the fact that she was not good at studies. It was always a matter of fascination to her that why any of her parents' talents was not delivered to her.

Am I even their real child?

She rolled her eyes before lazily getting up to grab her bag and eventually leave for school without having breakfast.

"Taetae!" Minah perked up as soon as she reached school. Taehyung returned her wide smile generously. She had always been dearer to him than his own son.

"Ay minmin!" He gently pinched her cheek before patting her head. "I really missed you. Why didn't you come to Hoseok's birthday party last week?"

Minah pouted. "That was because we had a exam the day after. So Chan said that it would be better if we studied all night instead of going to the birthday party."

"Putting the blame on me, when you were the one who didn't complete even half of the syllabus and was panicking because you were going to fail, is not really cool, you know, officially last place?"

Chan muttered, stuffing one hand into the pocket of his pants. Minah furrowed her eyebrows. She did not notice him coming from behind. Lightly hitting his arm, Minah awkwardly smiled. "I am not the last place, Chan. My grades aren't that bad?"

"Is that so, miss last place? Should we check out the rankings on the bulletin board?"

Minah was about to say something but Taehyung interrupted, smacking the back of his son's head. "Why do you have to be so salty about your grades? So what if you are the topper? Minah is perfect anyway."

Taehyung turned his attention to the female who was already smiling because of him standing up for her. "Isn't that right, pretty lady?"

Minah nodded, hugging him, making him smile as well. "I love you, Taetae!"

Chan rolled his eyes at the actions of his father and his childhood best friend.

____________

Vote for the chapter please!!!

I had the chance to update after ages! I don't know how it us. Does any of you want me to continue updating this book? Please let me know!