Chapter 36| The Ride

Namjoon was driving me to my home. We did not really feel the necessity to have a conversation then. We could give each other space. There was silence but it was not awkward at all.

It was rather pleasing. I had spent almost my whole life with these boys. Though the high school memories were the most significant. Because we all were in the same school then.

5 years ago:

"Twinsie, let's get going" Jimin called me sweetly to go to school.

"I didn't even have my cereal yet" I screamed. My voice came out muffled because of all the food in my mouth.

"Just finish quickly" he sat in front of me. He used to get ready at first and hated to wait. It was funny to watch.

"Don't have food in a hurry" my mother warned me.

I pulled my hood over my head. The brutal cold was making it's own dish out of me.

"It's practically refrigerator out here" I talked with my frozen mouth.

"I agree it's chilly. But your sinusitis does not make it any better" Jimin remarked.

"You don't feel cold then?" It must have been so good to feel like that.

"I do" he nodded chuckling.

I scoffed. Sometimes my brother could be really ignorant as well. I shook my head.

"Wanna hold hands?" He said putting his hand out for me.

"You bet I do" I said even though my mouth was not letting me speak. It was literally freezing.

We held hands. He took my hand inside his pocket.

"It will keep you warm" he said.

At Present:

Jae:

Namjoon stopped the car in front of Kkum's house. It was not that cold these days. But that day was occasionally chilly.

So Namjoon had pulled up the window glasses for Kkum. So that the wind could not bother her. Her friends knew well how bad cold Kkum used to catch.

He looked at her to see that she still did not wake up. Kkum had drifted off to sleep while thinking about her past.

"Kkum, you want to wake up, sweetpea?" Namjoon called her softly.

"Huh?" She woke up confused.

"We reached at your house" Namjoon told her.

Kkum used her hands to remove the hair she had messily lying on her face.

"Oh. I fell asleep" she said and sat up.

"Yeah. Were you having a dream?" He asked.

"How could you know?" She asked surprised.

"You just seemed really cold when the window glasses were already pulled up" he explained.

"Oh. I was not actually having a dream. I was just having high school flashbacks" she said and Namjoon let out a laugh.

"What's so funny?" She asked him keeping a straight face.

"No it is just- those days were really funny. I got reminded about something else" he said still laughing.

Kkum squinted her eyes.

"For you!" She yelled,

"Mine were biting cold!"

"Okay. I am so sorry" Namjoon apologized and held the side of her face to caress it.

"But still, the past days were better" she said after a while.

"I know, right? No worries. We were so carefree and fun" he said reminiscing his memories down the lane.

"And we were together" Kkum added which changed Namjoon's expression.

"You want me to stay with you today?" He asked Kkum as she looked really vulnerable.

"No. We both have works" she replied.

"It's sunday" Namjoon gave her the information.

"It is?" She asked again and Namjoon nodded quickly.

"Still no. You know what I will do in my free time today?" She said and he waited for her to speak,

"Uh huh?"

"I will try to remember what happened after the part I dreamt, or should I say, saw in my sleep?" Kkum questioned getting confused at that part.

Namjoon laughed at her silliness.

At that time, Namjoon's phone rang.

"Who is it?" Kkum asked him.

"It's Taehyung" Namjoon said flashing the phone in front of her.

"I should go" Kkum did not want to stay while the conversation would go on.

"No. Wait a bit. Taehyung had called me a while ago to check on you. I had told him that you were asleep. Probably he has called again to talk to you" Namjoon said with uncertainty.

"It doesn't matter anyway" Kkum said and got out of the car,

"Also thanks for today, Joon" she appreciated.

"Anytime" Namjoon said smiling which exposed his dimples.

Kkum felt a sudden weight of sadness on her heart. She was okay till then. But when she saw that Taehyung had called to check on her but Jungkook did not, reminded her about the fact that Jungkook also did not let her know that he got well the previous day.

But little did she know that Jungkook already had called to make sure that she was okay while she was deep in sleep.

"Where had you been last night, dear?" Mrs. Park asked Kkum as soon as she came home after three days.

"I already had texted you that Jungkook was sick, right?" Kkum answered not meeting her mother's eyes.

"But the boys had been in a party last night" she argued.

"Then you must have known that where I was, too" Kkum said not feeling well about the fact that she got caught in a lie.

"Kkum" her mother called and she finally looked at her.

"Yes mom?" She questioned.

"I never had forbidden you or your brother to do anything" she started.

Kkum closed her eyes knowing that it was going to be one of her lengthy preaches.

"Don't do that" she said and Kkum's eyes shot opened.

"I was not doing anything" she lied again.

"Okay. I am not going to say too much. I just want to let you know that you have no need to lie to me. Because I will always support you. Even if you want to go to Taehyung's party to get laid with totally unknown boys-"

"Mom!" Kkum did not let her say any further.

"Okay. But just don't hurt yourself, alright? Don't engage with anything which will hurt you" Mrs. Park said with genuine worry in her eyes.

"Alright mum" Kkum said realising her mother's concern.

____________

Don't forget to vote please.

Who are your favourite authors in wattpad and real life?

Mine are
Pixiepotato and Stephanie Meyer.