Chapter 57| Silhouette

Your POV:

I rushed to the hospital for an emergency. One of my patient's guardian called me to let me know that the condition of the patient had gotten worse.

We needed to operate surgery as soon as possible. I got prepared for the operation and went inside the theatre.

"Thank you for your hard work" I said to all of them who were present in the OT.

"You did a good job" the anesthesiologist said. She was senior than me.

I smiled warmly at her.

A urgent meeting was called regarding some decisions for the hospital. I went to the conference room after my duty was over.

"Good evening" the chief said.

"Good evening" I greeted him back. I was a little surprised since he normally did not treat me that well. He even had gotten me transferred to another branch.

"As you all know that our hospital has many partners and they all try to help us as much as they can. One of the industries has let me know that they need to go to Jeju on business purpose. So they want our doctors to go with them since there is not much medical facility."

The chief was talking nonstop. I started yawning and then tried to stop quickly.

"Dr. Park" he called me while I was covering my mouth.

"Yes?" I responded.

"Don't you think that it's such a good idea for our hospital to grow even more?" He asked me, probably noticing how absent minded I was.

"Yes. Of course" I tried to reply with a wide smile.

"Okay. Then Kkum is up to go to Jeju. Who is next?"

I was stunned. I did not say even once that I wanted to go. I wanted to reject him. But I could not. I did not want to make my terms even worse with him than it already was.

I kept still and bit my bottom lip. I was trying to grasp the whole situation.

I was asked to go to the airport on the weekend since we were leaving Seoul that day. I packed whatever I needed and double checked everything to make sure I did not forget anything.

It would have been really inconvenient for me if I had forgotten something important.

I left the house in a cab for Incheon airport. After I reached there, it was quite a long wait for the flight.

"It's actually hard when you are carrying something" I heard a voice which I had not heard for a while.

And I certainly did not want to hear it then.

I had forgotten that the hospital collaborated with his company as well.

Jungkook's eyes met mine. The person beside him was talking continuously in response to Jungkook's last statement.

I hated to confront him, specially after what had happened.

I did not look away. He did not take his eyes off of me either.

It seemed as if he did not even listen to what the guy with him was blabbering on.

My eyebrows furrowed. Jungkook could never be someone whom I did not want to see. Then why the situation had to always be like this?

Where I would not be able to talk to him even if I wanted to. I wanted to ask how he was, if he would get jetlagged, how much he packed.

I wanted to ask him to help me in that unknown place in Jeju where he would be the only known person for me.

But I could not. My lips quivered as my eyes stung. I looked away. I could not face his eyes anymore. It was too much for me.

I wondered how I would survive the whole stay in Jeju.

We landed in Jeju island. I took my luggage on my own since there was nobody else to help me.

After we arrived at the hotel, I was standing in the lobby and one of my colleagues came to me.

She said,

"Do you know Jeon Jungkook?"

"Y- yeah" I grimaced.

"He must like you" she giggled.

"You are totally mistaken. Whatever the news channels show are bullshit" I rubbed my temples.

"No. It's not that. I was taking my room keys and when he got to know that you are staying with me, he started asking the receptionist if we will face any kind of inconvenience or not" she grinned this time.

"He must have been just trying to impress you" I said and her face lit up. She tried to hide it by shaking her head. But it was obvious that she liked the idea of it.

I opened my palm for her to put the keys in it. I got inside my room and locked the door. My roommate was not going to come in for a while.

I lied down on the bed and closed my eyes. My eyes opened almost immediately seeing Jungkook's face which flashed in my mind as soon as I had my eyes shut.

The tears rolled down my cheek. I kept wiping them. But it was of no use. It was all my fault. Things had turned to this because of me.

Only if I did not confess to him, nothing would happen. There would have been no change. We would have danced at Yoongi's wedding and continued being friends like that.

Who was I kidding? If I could not have gotten that confession out of my chest, I would die everyday differently.

I felt asleep crying. I did not even notice when it happened. I heard the door of my room getting unlocked.

It did not bother me at first since it would obviously be my roommate with whom I was talking downstairs. She had taken keys for both of us from the counter.

But then my eyes flickered open hearing sounds of someone moaning. I watched shadows of a couple making out with each other.

My heart wrenched. It felt as if it would jump out of my chest when I figured that the male silhouette reminded me of Jungkook.

_________

Vote for the chapter please.

How are you these days?

What do you like to do the most?