Chapter 51| Mean

Seeing Yoongi getting married, I also realized a lot of things. Most important of those was that the life was too short to wait.

I did not have the time to wait anymore. I was getting signs the whole day.

"You spilled it on my dress" Sunghee yelled.

She was standing next to Jungkook and a waiter apparently spilled the drinks on her dress.

Jungkook was on his phone.

I looked at him and kept looking at him.

It seemed like I could not even hear Sunghee's annoying voice.

I always knew that Jungkook was someone special to me. He had a lot of influence on me.

But what I did not know was the kind of it.

Or was I just feeling all these lately?

I walked to him. It felt like I was already too late. Time was slipping away from my hands but still it seemed as if it was worth it.

Everything was worth it.

"Jungkook" I heard my own voice. It came out involuntarily. I was hesitant but happy.

He looked up and smiled.

He smiled too much. The softness in his brown orbs ended my hesitance.

"Yes?" He asked.

"Could I talk to you for a sec?" I asked and I felt Sunghee's burning gaze on me.

But she could not stop Jungkook to talk to me. We were together the whole day. Sunghee came to Jungkook a while ago and took him away from me saying that she had something important to say to him.

I was sure that it could not be more important than mine.

"Of course" he said and came towards me.

I held his wrist and took him to an empty corridor.

He leaned on the wall and tilted his head to the side. He looked at me with a warm gaze.

"Wh- What are you doing with that girl?" I asked him about Sunghee.

He suddenly stood straight.

"Oh. That" he murmured to himself.

"No" I cleared,

"It's not any children's fight. I am not mad at you because of the stupid fights we had when we were younger. At least not anymore" I said and he seemed confused. I continued,

"Not that. Oh gosh-" I closed my eyes and prepared myself before opening it again,

"D- Do you- oh my-" I was freaking out.

Jungkook held my hand and started to make circles on the back of it.

"What is it?" He asked me.

"Do you like her? As in-" I grimaced before saying,

"Sunghee?"

"Sunghee" he muttered.

"Kkum" he called.

"Huh?"

"What are you referring to?" He asked me.

"Is it that hard to answer the question?" I waited again.

"No. It's not but-"

"The kiss we had-" I started not being able to be patient after seeing his hesitance.

"Oh" he muttered,

"I'm- I am so sorry for that. That was in the heat of the moment. I really did not want to do it without your permission. And I did not even apologize for that yet. I'm really very sorry. It did not mean anything. I'm so glad that you are not mad at me. I had thought that you might have killed me for that" he let out a laugh.

My whole world fell apart.

"It did not mean anything" I told myself.

"Yeah" he said.

"It really did not mean anything to you" I said and a tear escaped my eyes without my permission.

He let go of my hand.

"It didn't" he said and this time more firmly.

"Do you want to ask me if it did mean anything to me?" I asked him, still looking down. A bunch of tears were threatening to come out.

"I am too afraid to ask it" I could not look up to see his expression.

"If it did not mean anything to you, then how could it, to me?" I managed to say to make himself free from the burden of my pathetic self.

Jungkook moved a little away. His head hung low.

He raised his head.

"The conversation is over then" he said and turned to leave.

I quickly stood in front of him to block his way.

I looked into his eyes this time. I was a crying mess by that time. I was sure that my mascara was all smudged around my eyes.

But I could not care less.

I held each side of his face with my hands.

I kissed him.

I kept kissing him.

But he did not kiss me back.

I broke it and looked into his eyes. There was no hint of any emotion. His eyes looked blank.

I sniffled.

I kissed him again.

The same thing happened this time too.

I felt like a fool in front of him.

I let him go and plopped down on the floor. He was honest about his feelings then.

He turned his back on me and started leaving again.

"Mean" I said and he stopped in his tracks.

"You are so mean" I said looking up and he walked away.

I sobbed the hardest in my life, harder than when I broke up with Taehyung, harder than when Jungkook stopped talking to me in high school without any explanation.

Jungkook's POV:

Kkum cried and kissed me. Every cell inside me was begging me to kiss her back.

"About what?"

"Are you and Taehyung-"

"No, we aren't. If it was something like this, you would obviously get to know about it" she said.

The day Kkum and Taehyung were caught together by the teachers, Kkum had lied to me about the fact that she and Taehyung were dating. I could not let myself get hurt like that again. It took me half of a decade to get over that.

She plopped down on the floor crying. I wanted to pick her up and wrap my arms around her.

"Can't we just tell others?"

Her voice from that day she and Taehyung were having lunch together at school, played in my head. She obviously loved Taehyung. She was getting hugely mistaken if she thought she liked me.

It was not possible. She always had thought me as a friend whereas I had different kinds of feelings for her.

She must be getting infatuated. It would be like taking an advantage of someone drunk.

She must have been doing this because she saw Taehyung with Dayeon.

I wanted her to at least stop crying.

"If it did not mean anything to you, then how could it do it to me?"

"Can't we just tell others?"

She had been getting definitely mistaken. I would always be the second to Taehyung for her. I would would always be the runner-up.

I gathered all my strength and left from there.

__________

Don't forget to vote please.

I'm so sorry for such a mean chapter.