Chapter 88| A New Start

16 Years Later

Minah lightly poked Chan's arm as she was desperately waiting for his attention. But instead of even looking at her, the male's eyes were focused on the exam paper at which the girl failed terribly.

Seeing that, nothing she would do would make him turn his face at her, she decided to take the paper from his hand.

Furrowing his eyebrows, Chan finally looked at the impatient girl.

"What the-"

"Shh. Don't curse." She adorably laughed after saying that. She was used to him cursing anyway.

Chan grabbed the brunette's face harshly with one hand and said, "Don't you dare act smart with him, you nitwit! At least not when you failed so badly."

Minah aggressively started slapping his hand to make him let go off of her. "I don't need your help!"

Chan snickered before removing his hand from her face. "Who said I'm going to help you?"

Her face fell upon hearing that.

"You need to figure it out on your own. I was just checking how dumb you actually are." He smirked before taking the exam paper back from her hand.

I need to make a note for her based on it. He thought to himself.

"I don't know why I'm so dumb." She gave up, sighing in defeat. "My mom and dad, they both are so smart and here I am."

Chan rolled his eyes at her. "You know what fathead?"

Minah's scrunched up at his choice of insult but still she did not say anything.

"The dumbs need to just work hard."

Minah squinted her eyes knowing it was the one thing she could not do at all.

"And what would the fatheads have to do?" She blinked her eyes a few times. Her pout was clearly visible. It made Chan chuckle. She was sulking because of his remark.

"Work harder?" He shrugged.

"Anyway, I need to take a retest next week. If I fail even on that, my parents will be called and I don't want to involve Dr. Jeon in this." The female shuddered at the thought of it.

"Why? I don't think aunt Kkum will say anything."

"That's the one thing I am afraid of. Mom will never scold me! So I don't want to disappoint her." Minah brushed her hair out of her face. Chan did not fail to notice how still a loose strand of her hair was lingering over her eyes.

He reached up and brushed it aside with his thumb and index finger.

Minah just silently admired his features from up close.

"Why don't you take uncle Jungkook then?" He spoke meeting her eyes.

"Uh―" she fiddled with her hands, still not being able to forget how Chan's touch felt on her skin. But soon she composed herself.

"Dad is too lenient on me. He always says that I don't need to study. I think I will keep failing my whole life if I take him."

"So?" The male rested chin on his hand, his elbow was on the desk beside the bed. "It's good, right?" He paused smiling.

Minah thought for once, he was being gentle to her. But just then, he flicked his finger on her forehead, before saying, "For a fathead like you."

He broke into a laughter after that.

"Ow!" Minah groaned and rubbed the place she got hurt on.

"What? I didn't think you would get hurt so easily over that thick skin of yours." Chan was still laughing.

Minah puffed her cheeks and started hitting him, which he comfortably blocked with his one hand.

"You are so lucky. Tae doesn't say anything to you."

"Don't say my dad's name as if he is your friend." Chan clicked his tongue. "And he doesn't say anything because he doesn't care enough."

"What is it? Daddy issues? You very well know that he does." Minah used to get hurt every time she heard him saying stuffs like that. But it could not be helped since Taehyung kept really busy.

Her parents were busy people too. But she taught herself to not complain about it.

"You wish." He rolled his eyes. "Anyway, I will help you study from tomorrow."

"I said I don't need your help!" Minah scoffed. But inside she was the happiest since she did not have ask him to do it.

"You don't mean it at all. Also I am not doing it for free. In return, you will keep your distance from me for one week after the test." He knew that she would never do it, not that he wanted her to.

"Tch—whatever."

"So tomorrow, my place?"

She nodded before closing her eyes. She put her head down on the table.

Chan kept staring at her face. Lucky for him, that her eyes were closed. He sighed. He did not know how long his heart could take it.

__________

Vote please?

Jungkook, Kkum, Taehyung, and a new character will also appear in the upcoming chapters. But mostly it will be about Chan and Minah.

How was this chapter? I really want to know! High school love is something I don't write much.