Chapter 39| That Evening

5 Years Ago:

Jungkook was yet to get recovered from the injury he got by skating. I was visiting him every day even though he forbade me because it was too cold outside.

But I did not feel right to do it. Besides I was already missing him at school. I could not afford to lose the tiny bit of time I was getting to see him.

Taehyung and I started to spend more time together because of basketball.

Not because I was playing. I stopped playing since the day, I got detention.

Also I needed to concentrate on my studies to get a medical degree.

I was hovering over my book because the cold was getting too unbearable again since I stopped playing sports.

Taehyung was supposed to come to practice half an hour ago. But he still had not come. I thought about taking him to Jungkook along with me that day.

I looked up. There was no sign of him. Just a few boys were dribbling and laughing among themselves.

"Hey Kkum" a girl called me. She seemed to be in my class. I might have seen her at times but did not quite know her name.

Her hair was untied, ended below her shoulders. It seemed as if she paid some attention to her outfit that day.

"Yes" I answered and got surprised at my own voice myself. It was too nasal. I might get pneumonia at this rate.

"Do you know when Jungkook will start coming to school?" She asked me with hesitation.

"He will come when he gets well. Two weeks, perhaps" I said, not sure as well.

"Oh okay" she said and sat beside me.

"What's up? I can convey any message if you want me to. I go to meet him daily" I said shrugging.

"No. It is totally okay" she said and got up.

She stopped and turned back,

"On a second thought, do you think if I confess to Jungkook, he might like me back?" She abruptly said.

"You like Jungkook" I whispered to myself. That was not the first time for me to hear something like that.

Girls approached me most of the time if they want to confess to any of the boys, specially Jungkook.

"Huh? What do you think?" She asked again.

"Let me see" I said,

"I don't know" I blankly said and started studying again. I did not need to answer that question, not that I knew the answer to it.

It was about his choice. How was I supposed to know that?

The girl grimaced at that and walked away. I closed my book. It was getting too late. Taehyung should have been there by now.

I put my head on my knees, preparing to wait more.

Jae:

Kkum fell asleep waiting for Taehyung. The school had gotten almost empty. Just the members of different clubs were there.

Taehyung was a member of basketball club. He had something important to do with team management that day.

The sun was almost setting. Golden rays were gradually getting crimson again with time. Just then Taehyung came to the field.

Kkum was sleeping. She was shivering. Taehyung looked at the lonely girl sitting just beside the field.

He sighed. He did not need to see her face to know who she was. Only Kkum was the one who would sit there even if no one was in the field.

The other days multiple girls used to come following Taehyung. But that day, it was too late for the girls to do so. They were already home, safe and warm.

Only Kkum was foolish enough to sit there like that.

Taehyung took long strides towards her. He bent down to get on his knees and stared at her for a couple of seconds.

Kkum got the scent of Taehyung, close to her. She woke up.

She raised her head slowly. She smiled seeing Taehyung feeling successful.

Taehyung breathed.

They were both in that position, still.

Taehyung crashed his lips onto hers. Kkum did not expect that. She liked him. But she still did not tell that to him.

And she felt at that time, that there was no need to do that. Since Taehyung already seemed to know.

She smiled between the kisses before kissing him back.

Suddenly she did not feel so cold anymore.

Taehyung carried her in his arms before taking her inside the school, in an empty classroom.

He made her sit on one of the chairs before sitting beside her.

Taehyung held her hands and rubbed them. Kkum found some warmth in that contact.

"Jimin is going to kill me" Taehyung said before breaking into a laugh.

Kkum laughed too. She made her one hand free from Taehyung's hold before pinching his cheek.

"Then he won't know it" she said and kissed him again.

Kkum was not able to go to see Jungkook that day.

Taehyung dropped off Kkum to her house since it was too late.

Kkum was wearing two jackets. Taehyung gave his jacket for her to wear.

They did not talk much after that. Kkum wanted to ask Taehyung if he already knew that she liked him. But she could not muster up the courage.

"This is it. We reached at my house" Kkum said cheerfully trying to lighten up the mood a bit.

"Yeah" Taehyung muttered,

"Won't you call me in?" He said pausing for a bit.

"Well. Do you want me to?" She said. And he was silent for a while.

"You can come in if you want to" He was not saying anything else.

"Not today. I don't think that I can face Jimin tonight" he said putting his lips together into a thin line.

"Oh come on! He is your best friend" Kkum tried to make him relax, seeing his tensed up self.

"Well he is your brother" he said rolling his eyes.

"Is that so bad?" Kkum was confused.

"No. I just don't want him to misunderstand me" he said being careful to choose his words.

"Okay. I am going in then" She said and was about to leave.

"Hey" he called her.

"Yes?" She turned around.

"Just to be clear. So are we dating now?" He asked Kkum.

Kkum pecked on his cheek.

"Goodbye Tae" she wished him with a chuckle.

____________

Don't forget to vote please.

How was the chapter?

Did you ever have to forget your first love?