Chapter 48| Warmth

Your POV:

"You look amazing" I could swear that she did. The white satin gown looked beautiful on her. Her veil made her look like she could easily rule on a country.

"Don't I look like a white cotton candy?" Soyeon doubted her looks as she swirled in front of the mirror to see her reflection in it.

"No. You look like a princess" I said to her as sincerely as I could. I was a bridesmaid. I should do my best to make her feel better.

"Are you sure, Kkum? Should this dress be it? Should I call Jimin?" She started panicking.

"Should you call my brother? And why is that?" I asked her narrowing my eyes.

"Because he is really good at fashion," Soyeon shrugged as she was fixing her veil.

"Good at fashion" I mumbled to myself.

"I was being crazy. I should call Taehyung" Soyeon said and rushed to where her phone was.

I sighed.

"Not this one" Taehyung grimaced looking at the dress we selected after such long thoughts.

"Then how about this one?" Soyeon said pointing to another gown.

Taehyung squinted his eyes. He kept silent for a while. After that he rubbed his temples.

Meanwhile we waited very patiently.

"No" he said almost in an audible voice.

I scoffed.

"You can not do this to the bride" he looked at me, "You know what? Just select a few dresses and bring it to us. We will see if we like it."

"What do you mean by 'we'?" Soyeon has the only call" he said and started looking at the dresses.

Taehyung and we had a lot of disagreements. Soyeon started to freak out. Then we just selected a gown among the ones Taehyung had chosen.

"I will never go shopping with you" I made that clear to Taehyung while making him hold the shopping bag.

Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows.

"Aren't you going to shop for yourself?" He said ignoring my question.

"Trust me, you don't need to know that" I snapped and went inside the house.

The invitations cards had arrived. The wedding dresses had been bought. The banquet hall had been booked. The flowers we selected were half lilies and half roses. The band had gotten selected. The catering had been taken cared of.

We waited for the wedding. But before that, Yoongi and Soyeon were about to get engaged that night. They were supposed to make it official for the whole world.

I wore a bottle green coloured dress with an asymmetrical neckline. I had my hair tied up in a bun.

The engagement was held at Soyeon's house. I drove my car to her house. After reaching there, I saw people whom I used to see when I was a child. I saw familiar and unfamiliar faces who were introduced to me.

Jimin and Mihae were standing together, drinking scotch and making small talks. I wanted to join them too but I figured they would be happy if I did not.

I looked around and found Seokjin and Yubi, laughing while looking lovingly at each other. I smiled seeing them.

Soyeon was still not there. I decided to check on her in the meantime.

I walked to go to her bedroom where her personal stylist was dressing her up. Suddenly the scent of a really familiar cologne filled my sinuses.

I looked to my side. He was wearing a grey coloured suit with black shirt underneath.

He held my forearm and pulled me towards him. I fell onto his chest as the pull was sudden, fast, unexpected and strong.

"I am so sorry, sir" I heard someone apologising.

I looked at Jungkook raising my head up.

He nodded and blinked.

I quickly looked behind to see that there was a guy with a tray of glasses filled with whiskey in his hand. He went away feeling sorry.

Jungkook freed me and looked in my eyes. He touched my cheek.

"Are you okay?" He asked me with his soft angelic voice.

"I- um-" I stuttered.

Jungkook waited for me to speak.

"What exactly happened?" I managed to ask.

"Oh. He lost his balance and was about to spill the drinks on your dress" he simply said.

"What?" I was terrified. I could not bear my dress getting spoiled. The function had not even started yet.

Jungkook chuckled.

"It's okay, now. Your knight in shining armour was there."

I squinted my eyes and he let out a laugh.

"Thanks though" I finally said.

"You are welcome" he said and pinched my nose.

I got Soyeon downstairs after she got ready. Yoongi and Soyeon stood in the middle of the hall, confronting each other.

Yoongi's eyes seemed to be melting for Soyeon. I would never know how a person could love another person so much. Soyeon looked lovingly at Yoongi.

Yoongi took the box of the ring out of his pocket. He held the ring in his one hand and took Soyeon's hand with another.

He put it on her ring finger. The diamond on it sparkled as much as Soyeon's smile. The people in the gathering for the ceremony cheered for them.

We could never think that Yoongi being as grumpy as he is, could get to marry such a sweet person.

"You look like a hot piece of steak" Taehyung said from beside me.

I looked at him keeping a poker face.

"What do you want me to do? Take it as a compliment, laugh, curse or beat you to plump?" I asked him.

"Anything is fine, as long as you don't throw the drink on my face" he said and moved away.

I rolled my eyes.

I was sipping on my drink and thinking about my future.

"Trust me, you don't want to wake up with another hangover" Yoongi stood in front of me.

"Of course" I put the drink down, "So are you ready for the big day?" I asked him about his wedding.

He hummed.

"There is a bachelor party before that" Yoongi made a face.

"I don't want to know about it" I shrugged.

"No. I will not let anything weird happen" Yoongi tried to reassure me.

"You never know when there is Taehyung" I warned him.

"I don't think so."

"You happy?" I changed the topic.

"What do you think, Sherlock?" He showed his gummy smile.

"Well, if you are not, then you are a huge fat jerk" I said.

"I am" he smiled softly.

"I am really happy too" I hugged him.

"I know" he patted my head.

___________

Don't forget to vote!

How was the chapter btw??
F

inally a sweet moment between Yoongi and Kkum!