Chapter 53| Afraid To Fall

"I need to go."

She was silent for a while.

"What is it?" She asked in a low voice.

"Kkum is not feeling well and-"

"Kkum?" Dayeon raised her voice, "You are leaving me for Kkum?"

"Well yes" I snarled. I got her off of me and stood straight up.

"I will be here as soon as I can, if you can wait for me" I told Dayeon. She did not look at me.

I made my way out in the car again. Kkum needed me.

Jae:

Kkum was sitting on their terrace. Her cheek was pressed with the cold hard railing. Nobody was there to forbid her from doing that.

Jungkook's room was a complete mess. After he had come home, he threw his things to let his frustration out. But it did not help. He was sitting in his messy room.

He was confused. His soul was sad to hurt Kkum like that. Kkum's teary eyes were flashing before his eyes no matter what he did.

Taehyung came to the Parks' mansion. He wanted to go unnoticed but Mrs. Park saw him.

"How are you Taehyung?" She asked with an amicable smile.

"I am absolutely perfect. What about you?" He asked.

"I am just fine. If you are looking for Jimin then-" she got interrupted.

"Do you perhaps know where Kkum is?" Taehyung asked her instead.

"She is on the terrace" she truthfully said being happy that Taehyung came to meet Kkum. She was always worried about her.

"Thanks, aunt Park" Taehyung said and went to the terrace.

He saw Kkum sitting like a frozen person. She was not moving at all. Taehyung's heart hurt at that sight.

He did not know what made Kkum upset like that but he knew that he needed to cheer Kkum up. He could not tolerate to see her like that.

"This is no one's bedroom. So I don't have to knock here, right?" Taehyung said to get a reaction from Kkum.

Kkum did not need to look at the person to know who he was. She already knew that it was Taehyung. She stayed in the same position, not moving an inch.

Taehyung sighed. He understood what Mihae had meant. He wondered what could make her so upset just after Yoongi had gotten married.

Taehyung took a beanbag chair and placed it beside Kkum before sitting on it.

Kkum did not bother to look at him.

"Park Kkum, can you look at me once?" He requested.

Kkum raised her head before shaking it. She still did not meet his eyes.

Taehyung was about to touch her hair. But he was afraid to do so. After all, he did not have the right to console her either. He was not good to her as well.

Jungkook hurriedly got out of his house. He did not know what to do. But he had the sudden urge to see Kkum.

After he reached to the Parks' house, he went to Kkum's bedroom but could not find her there. He knew at once that Kkum could be at the terrace.

He did not know why he was searching for her. But what he knew was that he could not afford to hurt Kkum again. He had promised to himself to treat her as she deserved to be treated.

But he was not keeping his own promise. He knew that he could not give Kkum what she wanted since he could not forget about the time Kkum and Taehyung were dating.

It made him feel that Kkum's first priority would always be Taehyung. But he still wanted to see her once.

He wanted to decrease the amount of damage he had done to her.

He reached at the terrace just to see the scene again, he was always afraid to witness.

Kkum and Taehyung were together again. Taehyung ran his fingers through Kkum's hair. Jungkook's heart ached. He wanted to be the one to support Kkum when she got hurt. But he was failed to do so.

He was always weak, weak when it came to Kkum, the very time when he needed to be the strongest.

He assumed that Kkum realized that only Taehyung was the one for him.

Jungkook bit his bottom lip in pain. He could not watch anymore. Her words repeated in his head. He could not even remember about what happened at the wedding.

He needed a drink. He left the place.

Kkum sneezed loudly. She always had that awfully loud sneeze, Taehyung never imagined could come out from that petite little figure.

Taehyung looked around after a while. It was getting chilly even for him.

He stood up and rushed to Kkum's bedroom. He knew that she would not obey him if he wanted her to come downstairs. So he had come up with a solution on his own.

He grabbed a hoodie and a muffler scarf from there.

"Kkum, will you please accept my one request?" Kkum did not say anything. She stayed like that.

"Just this once, I promise" he said again.

There was a moment of silence. After that Kkum raised her head slowly. Taehyung could not see her face properly.

But it was quite evident that she was crying. It could be the cold as well.

Taehyung wrapped the muffler scarf around her neck. Kkum was wearing a large, long sleeved t-shirt and track pants.

So Taehyung did not press her to wear the hoodie.

"Thanks" he smiled.

Taehyung noticed that even though Kkum had changed her dress, she was still wearing the same bracelet, she wore at the wedding.

He assumed that she must have forgotten to take it off. In reality Kkum did not want to take it off as it was from Jungkook.

She felt strong hatred for Jungkook at that time. But it was still not enough to make her take it off even after the function was already over.

Taehyung wanted to talk to her but struggled to come up with right words.

"You know what, I am thinking of growing a mullet. Also I might do a piercing under my eyebrow and-"

Kkum made a fist and hit on Taehyung's head with it.

"Nobody will pierce anything" she cried.

There she is. Taehyung smiled.

__________

Don't forget to vote please •

Taehyung and Kkum are cute as always. Jungkook can take this time to reflect upon his actions and understand what is actually right.