Chapter 26| Pros And Cons

The next day we were supposed to go to Seoul. It turned out that Mihae was also from Seoul but she was scheduled to return some days later.

It was quite a cute scene when Jimin and Mihae were bidding each other goodbye. Both of them were trying so hard to hide that they were feeling bad because they were getting separated.

Jungkook and I had not talked since then. I also did not get to talk to Taehyung.

I was lost in my own thoughts. Suddenly my baggage was taken away from me.

"I-" I stopped after seeing Jungkook.

"I will keep it. You can go inside" he said and I nodded.

Perhaps it was for best that we were not talking that much. But honestly I wanted to know what in his mind was.

"Sit beside me" Hobi said as soon as I got in.

I smiled,

"Finally someone offered me the precious sit beside him" I said sadly.

"Come on, Kkum. We all want to sit beside you" he said trying to comfort me.

"Yeah. I wish" I said and Hoseok laughed.

"It's not like what you think, you know" Namjoon said from behind.

"No. It is understandable. No one would like that one girl who will always forbid the seven boys to do something guy like. I mean you people could not even cheat because of me" I shrugged.

"Don't pretend to be a good student, doc" Yoongi said who was sitting beside Namjoon.

"I don't have to pretend. I actually was. Come on, Jin back me up!" I nudged Seokjin who was sitting in front of me.

"Don't you guys have anything better to do?" He said not even looking back.

"See? That's what I am talking about" I said and Seokjin looked at me squinting his eyes.

A few days went by like that. We got busy after we returned to Seoul. I had slacked off for a long time at the hospital. So naturally I needed to work harder then.

Mihae texted me this morning asking me to visit her law firm in Seoul. I was going to visit her after my shift ended.

"I am telling you, it was not in the heat of the moment" I said to Mihae indicating the kiss between me and Jungkook that happened lately.

"I don't think so. Do you want to think that it was not? Do you want it to mean something?" Mihae asked me.

I did not know Mihae for that long. But she was the only mature girl around my age, I was friends with. Also I thought, she would try to understand me.

"I don't know. I just don't think it means nothing. I mean I am not Taehyung who would smooch with any girl off the street. For me, if I kiss someone, it would not be without any meaning" I said grabbing my hair out of frustration.

"Kkum, relax. You can honestly share with me anything you want. Do you have any kind of feelings for him?" She asked me.

"I guess that would depend on whether it meant anything to him or not" I replied.

"Why should your feelings depend on his?" Mihae said.

I looked at her,

"He has not talked to me since. It makes me feel like, he wants to forget that it happened or maybe pretend like it did not" I said to her being honest.

"Aww Kkum. Do you want me to ask him for you?" Mihae asked me.

"No. Don't" I said panicking.

"Then what about you go down to his office and ask him whether the kiss was in the heat of the moment or not?" Mihae encouraged me.

"No! Are you insane? He must think I am some kind of desperate hoe" I said.

"No. I don't think so. It's not something wrong to ask. I think it's wrong to leave it like that. We are adults" she said sincerely.

"Mihae, I need some more time, I guess. Anyway, please don't say a thing about it to my brother" I requested her.

"Of course. Why would I?" She smiled.

"That is one huge dent" I heard someone with a familiar voice saying, getting shocked.

I was in my car. I was not driving it since I had some work to do. But the driver bumped another car which apparently made a dent on it.

I got out of it.

"Kkum" Mrs. Kim said.

I was already smiling since I had known who it was as soon as I heard her voice.

"Don't worry about it, aunt Kim. I will get it repaired with my one" I said looking at the scratch my car got.

"Oh no. It's okay. I did not know it was your car" she said and I laughed.

"Where were you going?" I asked her.

"Oh. I was going to Taehyung's house" she replied sadly.

"Is Taehyung still staying alone?" I asked her again.

"Yes. He says that he does not feel like staying in his house. Also he wants to stay alone since he is adult now. But he does not even have any sibling. We miss him so much but he does not understand" she explained.

"I know" I rubbed her arm.

"I was taking some side dishes for him. I wonder if he even eats properly" she said looking at me.

"Is he home right now?" I asked her.

"It does not matter. I have his keys" she showed it to me.

I mouthed 'Oh'.

"Kkum, do you want to come with me? I get a little bit lonely these days. I think I will feel better if you be there with me" she proposed to me.

"Of course" I reassured her. It did not matter how many work I had loaded up on my shoulders. I felt the need to accompany aunt Kim the most right then.

Aunt Kim unlocked the door with her keys and suddenly a puppy came to me running.

"Hi, Tannie" I greeted him but he only barked at me.

"Yeontan forgot about you" Taehyung said leaning on a doorframe, keeping his hands in the pockets of his sweatpants.

_______________

Don't forget to vote please~

How was the chapter?