Chapter 63| Doubts

"Can you please give me some space?" I could hear Taehyung saying from inside the room, as he raised his voice.

My hands trembled for a few seconds.

"Didn't it go well?" I asked Jungkook. I was worried if I made the situation even worse than it already was.

I was feeling more nervous than guilty.

Jungkook caressed my hair and smiled in the most gentle way possible.

"Let's see" he breathed. Jungkook seemed to be worried too. His smile did not quite reach his eyes.

Taehyung's father came outside a while later. He looked upset. But as soon as our eyes met he smiled at me.

"Don't worry too much. It will be okay" he reassured me and walked away. I kept looking at him as long as he was in my sight.

I sighed and leaned on the door.

"You tried your best" Jungkook said and I looked at him.

"How do you know?" I asked him. I wanted to make sure if he was just saying it to make me feel better.

"Well, you always give your everything in anything you do. I just figured it out" he shrugged.

I needed more than that. I wanted their issues to get resolved.

"I don't know" I looked up at the ceiling.

"Let's go inside" Jungkook held my wrist and took me in Taehyung's room.

The three of us spent the whole day together. We played games, watched movies, ate different kinds of foods.

Taehyung cheated in traditional games as always. But it did not matter since he could not win anyway. Though he and Jungkook won most of the computer games.

In my defense, I didn't find games that interesting.

"What does your name mean, giant head?" I asked Taehyung when I was writing KTH on the bandaid on his forehead.

"Do you actually think I would know that kind of thing?" He shrugged,

"And what is it with giant head? Don't you see, I have a really cute and small face?" He turned to sides to give me a better look at his profiles.

I looked over at Jungkook to see him browsing on a laptop.

When did he get that?

I shook my head.

"What did you tell him?" Taehyung asked me in a low voice.

"Who?"

"My father" he sighed.

"You are such a difficult person" I moved away and sat across him.

"Why hide?"

"I am not hiding anything. And you are going to get your shit together after you get well. You are not a teenager anymore" I said to Taehyung.

"I swear" Jungkook spoke. His eyes were still on the screen.

I looked at Taehyung again.

"With your dad and your girlfriend" I said.

"Who is my girlf—" his eyes widened.

"Dayeon told me about you. I am not in good terms with her. So I won't say much except that" I paused before saying,

"This could be something really special" I got up after saying that.

After Taehyung fell asleep, we came out of his room.

"I am going home. I need to go to the hospital tomorrow, early in the morning" I told Jungkook.

"I will drop you off" he took a strand of my hair and put it behind my ear.

I took his hand and dropped it by his side.

"You don't have to" I looked down. After knowing that Jungkook liked me too, it was not as hard as it was supposed to.

Since I was already mad at him after knowing the reason behind him treating me like a stranger in high school.

Jungkook pursed his lips. He seemed to get hurt by that action.

What did he expect from me actually?

"You should stay with Taehyung. He needs you," I paused, "More than me."

I looked into his eyes to read them. There was no sign of jealousy.

Did that mean he was too sure that I had no more romantic feelings for Taehyung or he just gave up on us, on me?

"I know. I will stay with him. I will try my best to convince him to reconcile with uncle Kim" he spoke after a while.

I nodded and turned around to leave.

But Jungkook grabbed my wrist and made me turn to him again.

My eyebrows lowered. I was too angry at him because he touched me without my permission again.

I was about to shove him using my free hand but he took that hand and pulled me closer to his body.

I glared at him. Our faces were inches away.

"You didn't dare—" Jungkook snickered. He did not let me finish.

"Still it's pretty late. It will not take much time to drop you off. I am sure Taehyung will be able to survive one hour alone" he let me ago.

I scowled at him.

"I can't let you be alone so late at night, you know?" He patted my head.

I slapped his hand away.

"I am not going anywhere" I sat on the floor.

Jungkook sighed and sat beside me. I moved away from him.

I was looking ahead. But I could feel his stare on me. I closed my eyes to avoid it.

A little bit later I felt someone's head on my shoulder.

My eyes shot opened.

"I am exhausted after dealing with an adult baby patient whole day."

I looked over at him hearing him talking.

Jungkook pouted.

"You did nothing!" I spat, "literally nothing!"

"I lifted Taehyung's mood, cheered him up. Do you know how hard that is? You were just on your laptop!"

He nuzzled on my shoulder with his head. I moved away again.

"What?" He whined and got closer to me before tangling one arm with mine. He put his head on my shoulder again. He had to lean his body a lot to do that as I was much shorter than him.

I groaned.

"Be thankful it's not your lap," he said and my eyes widened.

"What the f—"

"Though I should warn you, next time it will be." He smiled gleefully.

And we fell asleep like that.

________

Vote for the chapter please.

I feel really shitty. So I updated again. Hopefully I will update twice tomorrow too!

How do you like Good To You so far? What do you want to happen next?