Chapter 67| Confusing

I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in" I said.

It was the staff from earlier.

"The dinner is ready. If you want, I can send it here" she eyed Jungkook weirdly.

"N-no" I stuttered for absolutely no reason. I had the right to do anything in my room. On top of that, I was an adult.

I heard Jungkook chuckling.

Did he get the hunch of what I was thinking already?

"You don't have to. We will come downstairs" I spoke as fast as I could.

Jungkook nodded suppressing a laugh.

"What is it?" I asked him keeping a straight face.

"I should probably be going" the staff wanted to escape the situation she created.

"You are not going anywhere" my tone was heavier than usual.

Why was I getting so angry on such a silly thing?

"Tell me, Kook. What is it about?"

"I want to talk to her alone for a minute. Can you please excuse us?" Jungkook flashed a smile at the lady.

"Of course."

"What? No!" She already left.

"Come with me" Jungkook held my wrist and dragged me to my balcony.

The night sky was beautiful as always. It was clear than usual. The stars were visible. Also the view from my room is the best in our house. But unfortunately I rarely got to spend any time here since I got my medical degree.

No.

It was since I got admitted into medical college. I was busy then. Before that, I used to spend most of my time here, specially after Jungkook and I parted ways.

No.

Since Taehyung and I broke up.

"I don't want to stay here. It's cold" I rubbed my nose. It made me remember of those terrible moments.

"That's why I picked it up" Jungkook raised his hand. With his arm, my duvet was hanging.

He wrapped it around me.

"I don't need it," I looked at him,

"Dummy. Just make it fast."

"Okay I will" he coughed a little to clear his throat.

"You don't need to feel embarrassed for what just happened here" Jungkook looked into my eyes.

My eyes widened.

How could he talk about it easily?

I thought that he was going to stop at chuckling. But he was going on.

"If someone had to get embarrassed, then it should have been me. I'm sorry" Jungkook looked down,

"It was a slip at my end. I wanted to win your heart, first" he looked up again.

My mouth was hanging. I did not know what to say.

"You really need to eat something now" Jungkook let out a laugh.

"What do you mean by 'now'?" My eyebrows furrowed.

"Your heart should be beating crazily by this time. So you should be hungry." he had the most smug expression on his face.

My hand balled up into a fist.

Jungkook returned to his home after having dinner. More like, I sent him back. I did not want to spend any time with him after all that happened.

A week went by like that. Jungkook used to call me a lot. He came by the hospital to pick me up after my shift ended. I got on with that. Since I did not like to drive on my periods.

I did not let him come the previous day. Jimin took me home.

"So what if Jimin is coming? We three can hang out like before. It's been long since" I hung up before Jungkook could finish talking.

Also I took off before my shift ended usually. So even if Jungkook came, he did not find me. I laughed evilly at the thought of Jungkook searching for me.

"Dr. Park?"

"Yes?" I answered as I removed my surgical gloves and mask.

"You are done for the day. Aren't you?" The resident asked me.

"Yeah. I just finished my last surgery scheduled for today" I said blankly.

"Dr. Jung has a task for you" he was not even looking at me while he talked.

"Hey" I called him.

He still did not look up, "Yes, doctor?"

"You don't want to be a doctor, I guess" he finally looked at me.

"Well, I am already a doctor" he smiled.

"Bold of you to think so" I smirked.

"What do you mean by that?" He asked.

"You really think, you could be a doctor by disrespecting your seniors like that?"

He gulped.

"I did not quite d-disrespect you."

"Kkum, don't make the guy shiver like that" it was Dr. Han.

"When are you and me on first name basis?" I crossed my limits of being angry a lot of times lately.

"We are not?" He scratched his head.

"Never call me by my first name ever again" I came outside the room.

It was such a hard job. This hospital was stupid. It is totally ruining my determination to work as a doctor anymore.

I got changed into my own outfit and was ready to go home.

But suddenly I remembered,

"Dr. Jung has a task for you."

The resident had said that. I had forgotten completely. I dragged my unwilling legs to Dr. Jung's cabin.

I wondered what task he had stored for me.

"Dr. Park. Are you alright? You look worn out" Dr. Jung said as I entered his cabin.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Just finished a surgery" I looked elsewhere as I talked. Just then I realized I was not quite respectful myself. I quickly looked at him.

"I heard you are done for the day."

"And I heard you have some task for me."

"Yes. Can you please take this file to Web enterprise?"

"Well, I could drop these-" I paused,

"Wait. What? Where?"

"Web ente-"

"I heard you loud and clear."

That was where Jungkook worked. Jungkook was a leading shareholder and the main computer engineer of the company.

Our hospital had collaborated with them.

"Why do you want me to do it?" I asked.

"They want me to send someone trustable. And you are the one I could trust the most."

I sadly smiled.

__________

Vote for the chapter please.

Wait for the next chapter! It will be published tomorrow again!