Chapter 45| Ice-cream Cone

Your POV:

I could not take my mind off of what happened a little while ago. I kept staring at the cards not quite seeing the designs.

"Do you like it?" Jungkook asked me, catching my attention.

"Sure" I replied.

"I will send it's picture to them" he said and took his phone out.

I walked a little and sat on a tool. I wondered what could have happened if Jungkook would not come at the right moment.

Jungkook walked up to me.

"They liked it too. Do you want to finalise it?" He asked again.

"Sure" I nodded.

"Are you, really?" He wanted a sincere answer, "Don't you want to take a look at others?"

"Yes" I got up and walked to the counter again. I actually needed to be serious. It was a wedding of our friend.

We scanned through a few more cards. We sent them a few more pictures. We all ended up selecting a different one.

I spelled out both of their names on the paper for them to print it out. I also wrote Jungkook's and my name for them to write those on credits.

We got out of the store and was about to get in the car.

"Wait for a second" Jungkook said and went somewhere.

I sighed and sat inside. Yoongi and Soyeon were really lucky to have each other. There was no doubt that everyone in our group envied them, even if it was for one split second. I was happy to see them being so sure of each other.

"Here you go" Jungkook came inside.

"Huh?" I was confused.

"Ice-cream" he replied innocently.

"Chocolate cone" I muttered seeing that he remembered my choice correctly.

"Yes" he grinned.

"Thanks" I took it from his hand.

We booked the hall in the couple's name. After that Jungkook dropped me off.

"Do you want me to stay with you for the night?" Jungkook said.

"I don't think so" I shook my head, "You need to go to your office. I already asked someone to take my position for the operation tonight. I might not be able to perform well."

"It will be the best for you to take rest now."

I nodded and got out of the car. I halted and turned around.

"Thanks for today, Jungkook" I said to him through the opened window.

"You don't need to thank me. It was my fault. I am never going to let you drive again" his jaw tightened.

"Woah. Slow down fella. You need to return me my car, remember?"

He smiled.

"Yeah. Give me the keys" he said. I took it out from my purse and handed it to him.

"Drive her carefully" I warned him.

"Her?" He was amused.

"Yes. My princess" I said lovingly.

"Isn't that your horse?" He said and I scowled at him.

"Okay" he mumbled before driving away.

I was sure that I was going to miss him that night.

I was casually attending my patients. It was good thing that I did not have any surgery to perform that day. It was relaxing.

I sipped in my coffee and was scrolling through my phone. My jaw dropped seeing my favorite idol's new post. I was about to comment on it.

Just then Seokjin called me. I grumbled before picking it up.

"What?" I yelled.

"Kkum, I can not do with your tantrums, you know?" I rolled my eyes.

"I was busy. Also I have done my part for the wedding" I boasted.

"About that, we need to attend a wedding tonight. Our parents are business partners with their families. It's a big wedding in town" he said.

"So what? I am not twelve anymore. I am an adult and I have my own life. I can not go there tonight" I rejected.

"No. We have to. We have to go there and take a note of details of the wedding. So that Yoongi's wedding easily gets ranked as the best wedding of the year."

"Gee. Do we really have to step down at that level?" I said.

"Yeah. And I surely am aware the fact that if you knew about this wedding, you would have been the first one to come up with this plan, Miss competitive doctor" he stated.

"Oh, that's right" I agreed seeing no other choice.

"So are you coming?"

"Of course."

"Are we crashing the wedding?" I asked Jungkook while entering the hall.

"No. We are invited" he said, letting out a laugh.

"Shoot. It would have been fun though" I mumbled.

Jungkook chuckled at that.

We were subtly taking notes in our phones while sipping on our drinks.

"Shouldn't we join the dance or something?" Yubi asked.

"The pleasure is mine" Seokjin said and took her hand to lead her to the dance floor.

"Wow" Hoseok gasped.

"Where is Taehyung?" I asked the group after I realized that I did not see him that night.

"Well" Jungkook grimaced, "he did not want to come. I called him but he rejected. Also I figured there was no need for everyone to be here. So I did not insist."

"But did he tell you the reason behind it?" I was furious. He was skipping everything related to the wedding.

If the reason behind it was the new girl, I was surely not going to put him in a good light. Yoongi and Soyeon should be his priorities now like ours.

Jungkook was quiet for a while.

"No, he did not say why he is not coming" he finished his drink in one shot, "Is it really important?" He asked.

"Of course it is!" I pressed looking elsewhere. I was frustrated and upset.

Jungkook's POV:

Of course it was important for Kkum to know why Taehyung did not come. And here I had thought her feelings for him are not the same anymore.

I watched her as she anxiously looked at the door. She was not even focusing at the wedding.

I would never understand why Taehyung was so important to her.

_________

Vote for the chapter please.

I swear all of your doubts will be cleared very soon. And it is exactly what you're thinking about.

There will not going to be much twists.