New World(Jaime Lannister x fem!Stark reader)TV AU*

(*Based off the SPN episode "The French Mistake"! Actors' names are used, but they are not the actual actors!)

Jaime had never been a coward before. Not once in his life. But when it came to you, the man just couldn't seem to tell you exactly how he felt. You were Ned Stark's sister. He shouldn't have the feelings for you that he did. Lions and wolves did not mix well. But Jaime couldn't help it. Over the course of so many years, Jaime had fallen madly in love with you. He just. Couldn't. Tell. You!

Whenever Jaime would open his mouth to say the words, someone would inevitably interrupt. Or you would look up at him with soft (e/c) eyes and a smile that made his knees weak. Jaime would find his tongue stuck to the roof of his mouth and his courage gone. But now, with the world about to go to all seven hells, Jaime knew he had to say something. It was already late and you were probably asleep, so Jaime made up his mind to tell you the next morning. That would be a mistake.

Jaime woke the next morning to someone shaking his shoulder. "Nik. Wake up!" Jaime groaned lightly as his eyes opened. "What is it, Tyrion?" The man before him scoffed lightly. "Very funny. Come on. You'll be late and your wife will start calling me."

Jaime sat up in confusion. The man he was talking to looked like Tyrion and sounded like Tyrion, but there was something off about him. Then Jaime looked around. These were not his chambers. Before he could ask about that, another thought popped into his mind. "Wife?" Tyrion looked slightly worried for a second, which seemed out of place. Not to mention, there was no sign of the scar across his face from the Battle of the Blackwater. "Yes, your wife. How much did you have to drink last night? And why are you still in costume?" Jaime shook his head, utterly confused.

As he was about to ask Tyrion what he meant, the door opened. "Niko-oh, hello, Peter. I see you've found my husband." Tyrion, or rather "Peter", chuckled and left. Jaime glanced over and his eyes widened. You were standing before him with your hands on your hips and a slightly expanded belly.

"Y/N?" You rolled your eyes and repeated what Tyrion had said, "Very funny, Nikolaj. Have you been drinking?" Jaime rubbed his eyes while you took a step closer. You placed a hand on his arm, making him look at you again. "Are you alright?" Jaime pondered for a moment. He wasn't hurt or anything. Just really confused. Why was everyone calling him Nik or Nikolaj? And why were they all dressed so strangely. Were you really married to him?

"I-I supposed. Just confused." You smiled. "You've been working far too much lately, love," you chastised playfully before placing a kiss to his forehead. Jaime closed his eyes and sighed in content. This was what he had been wanting forever. As confused as he was in that moment, you were anchoring him. You pulled back with a smirk. "I'd offer to help you out of that costume, but I'm pretty sure that's what got us into this situation," you said, gesturing to your belly, "Come on. Get changed so we can go home. The girls are excited to see you."

"The girls?" You arched a brow before placing a hand to his forehead. "Our daughters. Are you feeling okay?" Jaime nodded and you smiled. "Good. Seriously though, get changed. You can't go walking around in your costume all day." With that, you left the small space, leaving a very confused Jaime behind. What was happening?

Jaime changed into some strange, albeit comfortable, clothing and followed after you. You were waiting with a smile and a cup in hand. "Figured you could use a pick-me-up. I've missed being on the set with you so I thought the least I could do is bring you some coffee once in a while." You kissed his cheek. Jaime felt his face heat up. "Let's go home."

For the rest of the day, Jaime walked around with a sense of awe and wonder. This world was so different. So new. But even the novelty of where he was couldn't shake away the pure joy when he walked into the home you supposedly shared and was greeted by three young girls wrapping their arms around him. You simply stood aside and laughed lightly. Jaime felt tears welling up in his eyes. This was exactly what he wanted. He wanted a life with you; children with you. He reached over and pulled you into the little group hug and kissed your temple. If he never got back to his world, Jaime didn't think he would care. Right now, he had everything he wanted although he would have to get used to the name Nikolaj.

At the end of the day, Jaime was a bit unsure when the two of you retired to your chambers. You climbed into bed, but Jaime hung back. Your head cocked to the side in confusion. Spending the day with you was one thing, but sleeping in the same bed was something completely different. "Nik? You coming to bed?" Jaime slowly joined you in the bed, stiffening briefly when you moved closer and rested your head on his chest.

After a moment, he relaxed. He knew that this was how family life could have been for him back in Westeros if he had only been brave enough to tell you how he felt. He vowed that, if this dream should end, he would tell you every day how he felt. If he somehow ended up back in Westeros, he would tell you the moment he saw you that he loved you. With that in mind, he fell asleep again, relishing in the feeling of you in his arms.

Once again, Jaime was cold when he awoke the next morning. He groaned slightly as he sat up. His eyes widened when he realized he was once more in his chambers in Winterfell. Had it all been a dream? A wish deep in his heart that felt so real in his slumber? Either way, Jaime knew what he had to do.

Shooting out of the bed, Jaime made sure he was appropriately covered before hastily leaving the room. He made his way to your chambers. He only hoped you were still there. He had no idea what time it was. Jaime practically pounded on your door, earning a "just a moment," from the voice inside. The door opened a moment later, revealing you wearing a very confused expression.

"Jaime?" you asked. For a moment, Jaime couldn't speak again. Then, his mind went back to what he thought was a dream. He needed to see if having that was a possibility. He needed to know. "May I come in?" Your confusion grew, but you let him in anyway. You didn't care if it caused talk. You never had.

"What is this ab-"

"I love you!" Jaime nearly yelled, making you jump slightly. "I-what?" you replied, flabbergasted. "I love you, Y/N. For years, I've hidden it. Fought against it even, but I can't any longer." You stared at him and didn't say anything. Jaime looked into your eyes, silently pleading with you to say something. Anything.

"You love me?" you asked in disbelief. Jaime reached over and took one of your hands in his flesh one. "Yes. It's madness. A Lannister and a Stark is complete and utter madness, but I do. I've done...terrible things, Y/N. Things that make me unworthy of your love and affection. But you deserve all the love I can give you and more, if you wish it." You let your gaze drop to the floor and Jaime panicked as the room went silent.

Then, a sniffle followed by another. You tightened your grip on Jaime's hand and looked up. Jaime could see the tears gathering in your eyes, but there was a smile on your face. "Oh, Jaime, I love you. I've been trying to show you for years." Jaime thought for a moment.

Every lingering touch. Every soft smile. Every time you jumped to his defense. It was you who convinced Robb to try and trade him for your nieces instead of killing him. It was you who had convinced Jon that he would need Jaime in the war to come instead of killing or exiling him. You had always been there.

Your free hand came up to card through the beard that now covered Jaime's jaw. "I like the beard," you said with a slight giggle. Jaime's chuckles joined yours before he brought your other hand up to his lips and kissed it. "I love you, Y/N." You stepped a little closer, peering into his green eyes. "I love you too, Jaime." Jaime let his free arm wrap around your waist and he pulled you even closer. He rested his forehead on yours and sighed in content. This wasn't the new world he'd seen in his dreams, but it was the start of a new world, a new life, for the both ofyou. And Jaime couldn't wait to see what it had in store.