What Are We? (Sandor Clegane x fem!reader)

Relationships are tricky things. You had no idea what the status of yours and Sandor's relationship was. You teased. You flirted. You occasionally pressed kisses to his lips, much to his surprise. But neither of you ever stated exactly what your relationship was. You were content with that. Until you were taken from him.

If there was anything to be said about Sandor Clegane, it was that he was a very protective person. A sort of "don't touch what's mine" kind of person. When he actually cared about someone, they were probably one of the safest people in Westeros. So as soon as Sandor realized that you had been captured, he knew without even really thinking about it that whoever took you would pay with their life and limbs.

The rampage Sandor set out was something to behold. He questioned anyone who could have possibly known anything, killing those who had any connection to whoever kidnapped you. He left people quaking (or dead) behind him, but he didn't even seem to notice. Finding you was his main priority. Preferably finding you alive.

It took what seemed like an eternity of searching, but Sandor found you. You looked to be alright. A little worn down and dirty, but not really hurt. You saw Sandor before your captor and chuckled. "What are you laughing at?!" Sandor watched a smile grew on your lips. "You're screwed." Before your captor could react, Sandor was there, pinning him to the wall in an almost blind rage. You simply sat quietly and let Sandor do what he was going to do.

When he was finished, Sandor turned to you. "Alright there?" You nodded and smiled up at him. "Of course. Although, my bum is starting to go a bit numb being tied up here. Would you mind?" Sandor shook his head in mild disbelief. Even in such a serious situation, no one could step on your sense of humor. He quickly untied you, allowing you to stand slowly.

Sandor was at your side in an instant when your legs started to buckle from not using them for so long. Sandor didn't say a word as the two of you traveled back to King's Landing. He was stewing in his anger. He wasn't angry with you. It wasn't your fault you'd been taken. However, if the two of you had been officially courting/betrothed/married, then people would have thought twice before going after you. They knew Sandor's reputation and they were afraid of him.

It wasn't until Sandor dropped you off at your chambers that you actually spoke. "Wait," you whispered as he began walking away and you placed your hand on his arm. He paused and glanced back at you. He could have pulled away if he wanted to, but he didn't hurt ladies if he didn't have to. "Come inside, please?" Sandor sighed, but nodded and entered your chambers.

"What are you thinking about? You've been even more quiet than usual," you asked softly. He didn't reply so you sighed and moved to your wash basin. You wet a cloth and gestured for Sandor to sit down. As you waited for him to speak, you began washing the blood and grime from his hands, face, and neck. He didn't say anything still, but you felt his eyes on you the entire time. Finally, it got to be too much for you.

"Thank you. You didn't have to save me." Sandor huffed out a chuckle. "Yes I did. You know I did." You furrowed your brows. "Do I? Sandor..." you trailed off for a moment before taking a deep breath and continuing, "What am I to you? What are we to each other?" It was an uncomfortable topic for the both of you, but you knew it was something you needed to discuss.

"You're mine," was all he said. You laughed, shaking your head fondly. "That isn't what I meant, Sandor. If you want me to be yours, we need to stop hiding whatever it is we have from each other and from others." Sandor's face turned red as he whispered that he knew. "What do you want to be?" he asked. You stopped your movement and thought.

"I want to be with you. I want to be in your life and in your bed. I want us to see how far we can go given the crap show of a city we're living in. I think I could love you if you give me the chance, Sandor," you admitted. Your eyes met his as you waited with bated breath to see how he would respond. His mouth opened and closed like a fish for a moment. "Are you sure you'd wanna be seen with a face like this?" You rolled your eyes and shushed him. "Don't be stupid. I already said I did," you admonished.

"I want it too." You beamed at his words. Even if he was never able to say that he loved you, it was enough to know that he wanted something between you. At least for now. "So are we...courting? What are we?" you asked. Sandor shrugged a little. "Don't know, yet. I just know what I want. And if, in a few years, you wanted to marry, I'd consider it. But only for you."

You dropped the bloodied cloth to the ground as you threw your arms around his shoulders and placed a searing kiss to his lips. "Let's not talk about marriage just yet," you said when you parted, "For now, I just want you to carry me to my bed and hold me." It was his turn to roll his eyes, but did as you asked.

(a/n: guys I do not understand why this was not posted weeks ago when I posted it on Tumblr, but here you go!!)