To Secure Winterfell (Ramsay Bolton x fem!reader)

(mentions of past!Ramsay x Myranda)

Ramsay Bolton had done many things to secure his place in Winterfell. He had sent Reek there to kill the two youngest boys. He had burned the place to nearly rubble. He had struck fear into the hearts of the people. But the one positive thing Ramsay did was marry you. You weren't afraid of him. You didn't cower when he came near, no matter what he did. You had a backbone and that made the young man fall head over heels in love with you.

Ramsay had never been in love before he met you. Sure, Myranda was fun. She always had been, but she gave into his basic desires and after he met you, that wasn't enough. It had gotten so he craved you. He craved hearing his name on your lips. He craved seeing your face every day. He craved feeling you pressed against him. Everything about you made him want more and that made a certain someone jealous. That jealousy would be her undoing.

For a castle nearly destroyed, Winterfell still held many secrets. You were a hard woman to find. Ramsay had been searching for a while now, but had yet to find you. It wasn't until he heard your voice up on the ramparts that he found you. Ramsay made his way up, but stopped short when he heard another voice.

"He doesn't love you. He married you for Winterfell. He married you so he could fill you up with children and keep Winterfell forever. He will never love you. You can't give him what he needs. I can." You let out a soft hum in response. "Do you believe he loves you? Then why is it my name he whispers in his sleep? Why am I the one who can calm his rages? Why does he come to me every night instead of you anymore? He does not need you, Myranda and he does not love you. You are fighting a losing battle so put the dagger away."

Ramsay was on edge at that moment. Myranda had a weapon. She let out a hollow laugh. "There is no one here to protect you, my lady," she spat. You suddenly let out a little scream before Ramsay heard the sounds of scuffling. He chose then to intervene. "MYRANDA!"

She barely looked at him, but smiled that smile that used to bring him such a thrill. "Stay there. I'm doing this for us, Ramsay. She will be the death of you. She's changing you! If I kill her, then there's nothing to keep us apart!" You were still wrestling with her, trying to avoid being stabbed. "BE STILL!" she shrieked. Ramsay took advantage of her distraction and made his way over. The three of you continued to scuffle for a moment, but you soon gained the upper hand. With one final shove, Myranda flipped over the ramparts to the hard ground below.

You looked over the edge and stared down there. You looked a little ill to Ramsay. It was obvious you'd never taken a life before. Ramsay grabbed your arms, forcing you to look at him. "Are you hurt?" You shook your head. Ramsay felt his entire being heat up. He was angry now. "From now on, you will not leave my side. I cannot trust the guards or bannermen to look after you. I should kill them all! They have failed to protect their lady and will be severely punished for it!" It was then that you snapped out of your daze.

"Ramsay, relax. That won't be necessary. I'm fine, see?" You gestured down to yourself, showing him that you were indeed safe and unharmed. "Still. You shall be by my side always." You rolled your eyes slightly. "That is impossible, Ramsay, unless you want me fighting in battles with you." Ramsay frowned. He wasn't letting you anywhere near any sort of battle.

"You will be protected, Y/N." You smiled at him. "You already protect me, Ramsay. I know that I am perfectly safe. Myranda was simply jealous. She grew used to having your attention before you married me." Ramsay huffed. He didn't like being argued with. You knew that, yet you did it anyway. Damn you and your logic.

Ramsay was lost in thought until he felt your arms wrap around him. He blinked in surprise. Even as close as you were, you never showed him true affection outside of your bed chambers. "Thank you," you whispered, "For protecting me. Perhaps Myranda was right in saying that you do not love me, but I can accept that so long as you continue to treat me the way you have been." Ramsay's brows furrowed. He'd never said the words, but surely you knew how he felt. After all, he most definitely treated you far better than he did anyone else. "She was wrong," he said. It was the closest he would come to actually saying the words, but that seemed to be enough for you as your arms tightened around him.