Direwolf Pup(Robb Stark x fem!reader

Robb felt terrible. He had to leave you yet again. The two of you had been married for a while now and your anniversary was fast approaching, but the young lord barely had any time to spend with you. He was always training or helping his father. Normally, you didn’t mind, but lately you seemed to be feeling a bit down and Robb didn’t know how to help. He felt like a failure.

He was brought from his thoughts by the sound of whimpering. His brows furrowed as Bran asked what the sound was. They would all soon find out as they approached the body of the dead direwolf. Pups. An entire litter of direwolf pups. Theon and Robb’s father wanted to kill them, but Jon argued to let them live. Robb agreed. There were enough of them for him to bring one back for you. Maybe that would make up for the fact that he was hardly around anymore.

“One pup for each of the Stark children…and Y/N. They are your house sigil, Lord Stark,” Jon told Ned. “I agree, Father,” Robb said, cuddling two of the pups to his chest. Ned agreed and they all grabbed a pup or two to head back to Winterfell. When they found the runt of the little for Jon, it felt like their family was complete. Robb looked down at the two pups in his arms and smiled. He hoped the pup would be the first step in earning your forgiveness.

As soon as he set foot back in the castle, Robb went looking for you. He finally found you sitting in on Sansa and Arya’s lessons with Septa Mordane. “Forgive me, Septa, I need to borrow my lady wife for a moment.” You smiled at him as you rose from your seat. You followed Robb from the room and he took your hand. “Robb,” you started with a giggle, “What’s going on?” Robb flashed you a smile. “I have a surprise for you.”

Robb could tell that you desperately wanted to ask, but you wouldn’t. You didn’t want to take away from the surprise Robb had so lovingly prepared. So, you followed without complaint and when Robb pulled you outside, you didn’t question it. You knew he’d never put you in danger. Robb finally let you go when you reached the kennels. Your brows furrowed in confusion. You’d been in the kennels many times before. What were you doing there now?

When Robb stopped just outside one of the last kennels, you gasped. You’d never seen a real direwolf before. And these ones were adorable. True, they would all grow to be deadly predators, but for now, they were the sweetest things you’d ever seen. Robb gently grasped your elbows and pointed to the second smallest one in the bunch.

“That one is yours,” he whispered. Your eyes widened in surprise. “Mine?” Robb nodded and opened the door. Two of the pups, the largest and the runt, let out little yips. The large one curled itself around your pup, making Robb laugh. “It appears Grey Wind is as protective of your direwolf as I am of you.” You turned and wrapped your arms around your husband. “Thank you, Robb.” He dropped a kiss to the side of your head.

“Of course. What will you name him?” You walked over and scooped the grey and black pup in your arms. He let out a pitiful growl before trying to jump at Robb. You giggled when he curled back into you. “Storm. His fur reminds me of the sky before the rain.” Robb grinned. It was only fitting. You loved the sky before the storm. It was the time when the world seemed the most calm and quiet.

“Storm it is then. And he shall protect you and keep you company when I cannot.” You walked back to Robb and pulled him into a kiss. It didn’t last long before a giggle broke you apart. You pulled back to see little Rickon rolling around with the direwolf you assumed he claimed for himself. The rest of the Stark siblings wouldn’t be far behind, so Robb grabbed Grey Wind and the two of you left the kennels.

“You didn’t have to do this, Robb,” you whispered. Storm was curling closer to you and falling asleep. “I feel it isn’t enough for your forgiveness, Y/N.” You looked at him in surprise again. “Forgiveness? Robb you’ve done nothing to need it.” Robb sighed and shook his head. “But I have. I’ve been neglecting you horribly. I am afraid I’ve been a horrid husband.”

“No you haven’t. You are a wonderful husband! You are caring and loving and kind. You do not hit me or humiliate me. When you do not put me on a pedestal, you treat me as your equal. Do I miss you when you are away? Of course, but I knew what I was getting into when I married you, Robb.” Robb had been silent throughout your impassioned speech, but he had to know.

“Then why have you seemed so upset recently? What could possibly be weighing on your mind if not something I’ve done?” You took your free hand and grabbed his. “It was nothing you’ve done. I-I simply wasn’t sure how to approach the subject.” Nothing more was said until the two of you made it to your shared chambers. Robb figured it was something best talked about behind closed doors.

Once inside, Robb set Grey Wind down and you did the same for Storm. You moved to lie on the bed, Robb following suit. “What subject, Y/N?” Robb was concerned with how you kept biting your bottom lip. He reached over and gently pulled it from between your teeth. “I want to, that is I would like…” It wasn’t like you to be nervous talking to Robb. “Darling, what is it?”

You took a deep breath before meeting his Tully blue eyes with your (e/c) ones. “I want to start a family.” Robb stared at you for a moment before a soft chuckle built up in his throat. You frowned when the laugh left his lips. “Is that all? Y/N, my love, why were you afraid to tell me? I would love nothing more than to start a family with you. I only ask for a little more time. There are some things I wish to learn before becoming a father.” You beamed at him. “I can agree to that.” Robb gathered you in his arms and kissed you firmly.

As you began to  deepen the kiss, a series of yips pulled you back to the room. You laughed at the direwolf pups. Grey Wind was attacking the furs hanging off the edge of the bed while Storm was trying to hop up with you and Robb. “Perhaps we already have our family,” you said with another chuckle. You sat up and pulled Storm onto the bed. He immediately laid down between you and Robb, falling asleep in mere seconds. Robb kissed you again. He was thrilled that, until he could give you a child, you were content with the direwolf pup curled up next to you. For now, this was your family and you were both okay with that.