Conflicted (Jon Snow x fem!Baratheon reader)

War had a strange way of bringing people together. That was certainly what happened with you. It was during the War of the Five Kings that you met Jon Snow. He was merely the Lord Commander's steward when you met. Your brother had fought Wildlings just North of The Wall and took the credit for capturing Mance Rayder.

When Jon let loose the arrow that killed Mance Rayder, you saw the kind of man he was. He was an honorable man. Not the kind of man who would allow someone to suffer unjustly, unlike your brother Robert. And he was kind to you. You shouldn't have been at the Wall, but they had made an exception for you and the Red Woman. Jon made it his mission to keep you protected while you were there. Over your time there, you fell in love with him. And when you left, you took your memories with you. You never thought you'd see the dark-haired young man again.

You had been wrong. Here you were in Winterfell, staring at Jon like you'd seen a ghost. "A-Are you certain?" Jon frowned a little and nodded. "Yes. I'm not a bastard. I'm a Targaryen. The son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark. Bran has seen it and Sam confirmed it." The words hit you like a brick. A Targaryen. Jon, your beloved Jon, was a Targaryen.

All your life, you'd been told that Targaryen's were vile, wicked people who wed their own siblings and cousins in order to keep the family pure. You had been raised to believe they were savages that would kill you as soon as look at you. Did Jon have some of that in him? Could he be the evil your brothers had always told you Targaryens were?

"I see. I just remembered I told Sansa I would assist her with something. Excuse me." You could feel Jon's eyes on your back as you walked out of the room. Your mind was racing. There was a part of you that knew you were being silly. This was Jon! Not some random person you didn't know. Jon. Still, your brothers' warnings bounced around your head.

"Y/N, wait," you heard Jon just before he gently grabbed your wrist. You stopped moving. "This changes nothing between us, Y/N. I'm still me." You let yourself look at him. The look in his eyes nearly broke your heart. He looked like a single word from you could break him into a million pieces.

"Please..." You nodded, allowing him to slowly lead you back into the room and close the door. For what felt like an eternity, neither of you spoke. You didn't mind. It gave you time to think. How likely was it that Jon would turn mad the way his ancestor had? After all, maybe there were stronger things than blood. And yet, blood was strong.

If you were to take Daenerys as an example. She kept a face of calm and generosity yet you could see the madness boiling within her. You were certain that you could be the same if pushed the way she had been though. The Baratheon temper was volatile too. But you hadn't been raised the same way your brothers had. You weren't like them. Jon wasn't raised by Targaryens, but by Ned Stark. That made the difference. He was still Jon, no matter his blood.

"Are you afraid of me?" Jon finally asked. You faced him and gave him a small smile. Taking his hands in yours, you shook your head. How could you possibly be afraid of him? You loved him. "I'm not afraid of you, Jon. I've never been afraid of you. Yes, Stannis and Robert thought Targaryens were evil. They taught me that. But I know you. You are nothing like what they told me just as I am nothing like the others in my family. We're our own people."

Jon gently squeezed your hands. "Thank you. D-Do you still love me?" You laughed lightly as you stepped closer. "I have loved you for so long, Jon, that I cannot remember a time when I didn't love you. And I will continue to love you as long as you will let me." Jon let go of your hands in favor of wrapping his arms around you. He leaned in and rested his forehead on yours. You let your arms travel around his neck so you could card your fingers through the dark curls.

"Does she know?" you asked after a little while, "Daenerys, I mean." Jon shook his head. "No and I don't want to tell her until I have to. I also don't want to talk about her right now. Right now, I want to stay here with you and forget everything."

"I want that too. Let's go to my chambers. I want you to hold me. To love me. Kiss me. Make the rest of the world disappear for just a little while. Let it be just the two of us, Jon Snow." Jon smiled at you. "I never thought the name of a bastard would sound so appealing until I heard it from you." You kissed him. "To me, no matter what, you will always be Jon Snow, King in the North and the love of my life."

Jon crushed you against him and brought his lips down toyours. You spent the rest of the day in your chambers, wrapped in each other'sarms and dreaming of the future you hoped to have together. No longer were youconflicted. You loved Jon and he loved you. The rest of the world and yourfamily names be damned.