Alone Together (Sandor Clegane x fem!reader)

You smiled at Sandor across the camp. It was the smile you reserved only for him. When you had first approached him after he'd healed, Sandor didn't trust you. Now, you were one of the few people he did trust. He trusted you with his life and his heart.

The two of you weren't very open about your relationship, but everyone knew anyway. You told him that was because everyone could tell when a Dornish woman was in love. You belonged to a very open people. They wore their emotions on their faces. Sandor knew he was in love too. He hadn't known such happiness was possible. But then, the massacre happened.

When Sandor first heard the screams, he was instantly on edge. He ran toward the unfinished sept to see one of his worst nightmares. Everywhere he looked, he saw blood and carnage. The bodies of the people he had begun to call his friends. When he saw what the murderers had done to Brother Ray, he felt like he may be sick to his stomach. And then, panic. Where were you? He hadn't seen you.

Just as he was about to call out to you, a noise from the bushes grabbed his attention. Sandor grabbed the nearest weapon, an axe, and readied it. That was when you came bursting out of the bushes. "Sandor!" you cried. He barely had time to lower the axe before you had thrown yourself into his arms. "They're gone," you whispered and Sandor nodded. He didn't care at the moment. He just needed to hold you close.

"Are you alright?" He felt you nod against his shoulder. Your legs were wrapped around his waist and you clung to him. You were shaking. Sandor just held you for a moment. However, as Sandor had never been good with handling emotion, he was soon helping you back down to your feet. "I'm goin' after 'em," he grunted and you followed.

"You should find somewhere safe." You arched a brow at him and chuckled dryly. "You're joking? I'm not leaving you, Sandor. I can help." Sandor stared at you for a moment. "Please, Sandor. Don't ask me to go. I'll only follow you anyway. If only to be certain that you are safe." Sandor sighed and shook his head fondly, knowing you weren't kidding. You would absolutely follow him if it meant making sure he was safe. With that in mind, Sandor took your hand in his free one and lead you away from the violent scene.

Surprisingly, it didn't take you long to find the men responsible for the deaths of your friends. The first group you found, you simply stood aside and let Sandor get out his rage. Once he finished, you followed him once more until you came upon the last of false brothers who had killed the community, already strung up ready for death.

"They are ours," Sandor told Beric Dondarrion as he gestured to you. "Two. It was our name and reputation they have tarnished." Sandor bit his lip before looking back to you. You nodded slowly. Then, after a bit of argument, hanging was agreed upon. Sandor kicked over one of the barrels and moved to kick over another when you stopped him.

Sandor looked at you. There was a fire in your eyes he had rarely seen from you. If Sandor hadn't been in love with you before, he was now. You weren't a violent person, but even you wanted revenge. Sandor stepped aside and let you face you enemy. You glared up at him, barely letting him get his last words out before you kicked over the barrel.

When the hangings were done and Sandor's anger was spent, the two of you were invited to stay with the Brotherhood, at least for the night. As you sat by the fire that night, you rested your head on Sandor's shoulder as best you could (It wasn't your fault the man was built like a tree!). "Dondarrion invited us to stay," you whispered. Sandor let out a huff.

He felt you take his hand in yours. "Whatever you decide, I will support," you told him. "And if I told you to leave? To go back to Dorne?" You lifted up your head so you could meet his gaze. Your eyes narrowed a bit. "You could try. My place is here. Not Dorne. At least not without you."

Sandor chuckled lightly. "You're a stubborn woman." He could almost see the smile that was undoubtedly painted on your face. "Of course I am. That is why you love me." He shook his head as he tried to keep the fond smile off his lips. The two of you never really said the words out loud. You felt them, sure, but saying them was different. Sandor just wasn't sure how you'd react to him saying them where others could hear and you didn't want to make Sandor uncomfortable as public outpourings of emotions sometimes made him.

"That's not the only reason." You lifted your head up so you could look at him. You leaned over and whispered, "I love you too." You made certain no one else could hear over the din of the Brotherhood but that Sandor still could. He looked at you with what you swore was the most loving gaze you'd ever seen, especially from him.

"You mean that? You'll stay?" You nodded without a second of hesitation. "As long as you'll have me, I'll be there. With this group or just us. As long as we're together. I am afraid you're stuck with me, Sandor Clegane." Sandor rested his forehead against yours briefly. You gave him a small peck to his lips before pulling back settling against his shoulder again. Your hand never left his as you watched the flames flicker in front of you.

"I love you, Sandor," you said softly again. Sandor hummed lightly but whispered his love back. His head dropped a little so he could rest his cheek on top of your head. His mind was racing as he tried to make a decision, but when you gave his hand a squeeze, he realized it didn't really matter. Your friends had been avenged and, as long as he had you and ways to support you both, he had everything he needed.