Shy (Oberyn Martell x Lannister!reader)

(Also, mentions of Oberyn x Ellaria. And some surprise kisses{not non-con exactly, but need to be safe}?? Consent is sexy, people!)

Like most Lannisters, you had no trouble letting your opinions be heard. You were outspoken and headstrong to a fault. Every bit the Lannister lion. That is until he came into your life. Oberyn Martell was the only person in the world that could turn you into a shy, stuttering mess. And he knew it too! He never missed an opportunity to point it out.

"Such a proud lion brought to silence by the Dornish viper? I never thought I would see the day, Flower," he teased you, earning a laugh from Ellaria and a half-hearted glare from you. In truth, you couldn't help but clam up around him. His whole demeanor just oozed sensuality and power. You were drawn to it, but were powerless to actually do anything about it. Your tongue simply wouldn't work around him.

Oberyn was a lot of things. Brazen, crass, and handsome. He could have anyone in his bed in a matter of minutes if he wanted to. You knew that. You wanted to be like that. To be so bold as to tell the gorgeous man that you wanted him. You wanted him in your life more than anything at this point. But your family raised you differently (though Tyrion was the exception to that). Maybe that was why you were actually so shy around Oberyn.

Something else Oberyn was, was observant. He noticed how your face would light up when he entered the room. How you would open and close your mouth several times before summoning up the courage to talk to him. He saw the way your pupils dilated when you were close to him and how you seemed to gravitate to him even though you couldn't speak very much. Oberyn hated to be the reason anyone was ill-at-ease, especially someone he admired the way he did you.

Oberyn asked Ellaria to give the two of you a moment and he dismissed Baelish's employees. They all left, leaving only you and Oberyn. "Something is troubling you," he stated, "Have I offended you, Flower?" You looked into his eyes and shook your head. "You could never," you whispered. He smiled before reaching over to take one of your hands in his.

"Tell me what troubles you, my Y/N." You blinked in surprise. Oberyn had to hold back a chuckle at the effect his words had on you. "I think I may-that is, I think I might-" you couldn't get the words out and you groaned. Oberyn took a step closer. He hooked your chin with his fingers, making you look at him. "What is it?" he asked quietly. You surprised him for a brief second when, in a moment of uncharacteristic boldness, you leaned in and kiss him.

Before Oberyn could respond, you pulled back with a soft noise. "I'm sorry," you said and then? You were gone. Oberyn hardly registered the fact that you were no longer right in front of him. It wasn't even the fact that you'd kissed him. It was the intimacy of the kiss that had thrown him. He'd shared many kisses in his life with many people, but none had felt as soft and pure as the one you'd just bestowed upon him.

So why were you apologizing? Was it the fact that you kissed him without asking first? That could be it, but he'd often told you how much he'd wanted to kiss you. Perhaps you'd thought he had been teasing. Or maybe you were angry with yourself for feeling anything for him at all. Oberyn didn't know, but now that he'd felt your lips once, he wanted to feel them again.

His brain took about 20 seconds to catch up before he was on his feet, desperate to catch you before you left the brothel for good. Lucky for him, you didn't move quickly as to not draw attention to yourself. Oberyn was able to catch up and gently grip your wrist.

"Wait, please Flower," he asked. You turned back to him and he could see tears forming in your eyes. "Come with me, please?" Not wanting people to think he'd hurt you, you nodded. He lead you back to his empty room and poured you a goblet of the Dornish wine he'd brought with him to King's Landing. "I'm sorry," you said again, "I shouldn't have-" Oberyn gently soothed you. "You've nothing to apologize for, Y/N. Nothing at all. I am unaccustomed to you being bold. Your gesture was not at all unwanted, though I appreciate your consideration of my feelings on the matter. I know it is important to you. I have wanted to kiss you for weeks now. I thought I'd made that clear."

For moment, you simply stared at him. Oberyn was a notorious flirt after all. How did you know he wasn't teasing you now? "What happens now then?" you finally asked. Oberyn's grin grew. "Whatever you want. I can take you to bed, we can leave King's Landing together, or you can tell me to leave you alone and you'll never see me again. I leave the choice to you, Beloved."

"And what of Ellaria?" Oberyn chuckled. Of course you would be considering everyone else's feelings above your own in this. "For a moment, forget about her. If she were not in my life, what would you want without hesitation?" he asked. You bit your lip but replied that you would want him to take you away from King's Landing.

"Does that change when you picture Ellaria?" You shook your head immediately. While you didn't harbor the romantic feelings for Ellaria that Oberyn did (at least not at the time), you knew you couldn't destroy another person's happiness. You weren't like the rest of your family that put their needs and desires above others. "Then there is no problem, my love. Ellaria knows who I am. She knows that I love her, but that I have room in my heart to love more than just her. If you wish for me to end my relationship with her, I shall. You have been forced into unhappiness for too long and I wish for you to see joy in life."

Once more, you shook your head. "I-I think I can accept that you will be with both of us. But only us. And I do not wish anyone to come between you two anymore than I want Ellaria or anyone else to come between you and I." Oberyn drew closer to you and slowly wrapped his arms around your waist.

"I can agree to that. And if Ellaria cannot, then she is not the woman I thought she was. I love you and I want your happiness, just as I wish for hers. You are the only two people who matter to me besides my children. Nothing will change that." It was your turn to smile shyly and Oberyn laughed softly as he rested his forehead against yours.