A Secret Heir? (Robb Stark x fem!reader)

You could feel the king's eyes on you as you trained. He'd been doing that since he arrived in Winterfell. Whenever you glanced over at him, his blue eyes were riveted on you, but he spoke quietly to your guardian. You weren't exactly sure as to why and that bothered you. Still, you said nothing to the king himself. You didn't want to embarrass Lord Stark. Not after he'd been so kind to you. But then you heard him say something that surprised you.

"I swear, she reminds of him each time I watch." Your brows furrowed and you turned to look at the king. As you opened your mouth to ask, you saw something from the corner of your eye. You rolled your eyes before blocking Robb's blow. "Come on, Stark. You should know better than that by now." Robb chuckled, earning a smile from you. The two of you went back to training and you resolved to speak to the king at a later time.

You wouldn't get the chance to speak to the king for many days after over-hearing his comment, but the words stuck with you. Who could you possibly remind the king of? Your father, perhaps. "What is on your mind, my love?" Robb's soft voice reached your ears. You smiled at him. You weren't sure when you'd fallen in love with Robb, but you would be thankful every day that he was in your life loving you.

"Something the king said. I remind him of someone. A man, I think. But I'm not certain who I could possibly remind the king of. Probably my father, but I never knew the king new my father." Robb hummed in thought as his arms wrapped around your middle. "Perhaps we should ask Father." You hummed a little. You hated bothering Lord Stark with such trivial matters. Then again, he was soon to be your goodfather so perhaps you could, just once.

"My Lord?" you called out when you saw him again. The older man stopped and turned to you with a smile. You approached him quickly with Robb on your heels. "What has you both in such a hurry?" Robb merely pointed at you. "Lord Stark...Who do I remind the king of?" Ned's lips turned down into a frown and you could see he was hesitant to answer.

"Please. Is it my father? Does he hate my father too?" Lord Stark looked taken aback by the fierceness in your tone. "Y/N, love," Robb stated quietly, but Ned cut him off, "I do not hate your father, Y/N. I respected him, but I fear you will hate me if you knew the truth. The king does not hate him either, though he does not know that you are the daughter of-"

"Ser Arthur Dayne," the king's booming voice cut in, making you jump. You curtsied. "Your father hid you," Ned explained, "Because he was a knight. He was never allowed to marry and was never meant to have children while his vows were still being honored. That's why-"

"That's why I'm a bastard and always will be," you replied, "I knew my father tried to protect me, but I never knew why." You glanced at Robb. Now that your true parentage had been revealed to the king, would Robb still be able to marry you? He was the son of a lord and you were a bastard.

As if reading your mind, the king snapped out, "Don't look so glum, girl! Just because you're a bastard now doesn't mean you always will be." Your brows furrowed. The two older gentlemen simply stared at you as they waited for you to catch on. Robb chuckled lightly and wrapped his arm around your waist, pulling you to his side.

"The king can legitimize you. He could give you a title or whatever else is necessary to ensure our marriage is legitimate." You glanced back at the king with wide eyes as you silently begged him to consider it. He laughed at your expression, something you noticed he loved to do. "I think, given who your father was, you'd be a good Lady of the Winterfell in the future. I already see the most infuriating parts of your father in you, but Ned here sees the best parts of him." Without another word, the kind walked away.

"So, we can still marry?" you asked Ned softly and he smiled. "Yes, you can still marry. Between us, Robert has a soft spot for a real love like yours and Robb's. He would do anything to keep two people so in love together, including legitimizing you simply so you can marry."

Ned's words seemed to be law because, before you knew it, you and Robb married two nights before Ned left with your goodsisters to King's Landing. Robb was thrust into the position of acting as Lord of Winterfell in Ned's absence and you were right by his side, ready to offer whatever your new husband needed from you.

And when Ned was executed and war began, you were right there, fighting alongside Robb. You vowed that death would be the only thing to separate you and Robb. With the skills your father taught you, you were determined to keep you both alive as long as possible. Nothing would take Robb from you. Not war. Not the Lannisters. Not the Freys. You were your father's daughter after all.