No Big Deal (Tormund Giantsbane x reader)

(a/n: There are like two sentences worth of steam in this one.)

Tormund stared at you in awe. You had just saved his life. You didn't even like him...at least you acted like you didn't. But you'd saved his life all the same. You turned to him with an arched brow. "What?" you questioned. Tormund cleared his throat and shrugged before walking away. He couldn't let anyone see that he was so grateful for your help. After all, he was leader. The leader of the Free Folk and while it was perfectly find for Free Folk to assist one another, he was held to a somewhat higher standard.

He avoided you for a few days after that. In the presence of others, Tormund acted like it wasn't a big deal. You'd saved his life, sure enough, and he told people that. But he also told them he'd had it well under control. No Crows were going to get the better of him. Behind closed doors was a different story.

If he was honest with himself, the man would admit that he was in love with you and had been for a while. While Free Folk give into passion more than most others, you weren't born into it like he was. You were born and partially raised South of the Wall. You had come to join the Free Folk when you were just into your adulthood. You never said why, but you had skills necessary to help you survive and to help others. So Mance let you stay, giving Tormund the opportunity to fall for you. And fall he did.

"Come to check your wounds," you said by way of a greeting when you entered Tormund's home. It didn't take him long to rid himself of his heavy furs and shirt so you could have access to his injuries. In addition to saving his life, you were also something of a healer. You knew herbs and the like so you were invaluable to the Free Folk.

Tormund watched as your skilled hands and keen eyes tended to his wounds. "Thank ya," he said, causing you to stop and look at him. "What?" He let out a low growl. "Don't make me say it again." A smirk appeared on your face and Tormund found himself wanting to kiss it away. "I thought it was no big deal, Giantsbane." Tormund rolled his eyes. Your sass would be the death of him. He put a hand over yours, stopping your movements yet again. "Ya saved my life, Y/N. And now yer in here, trying ta fix me up even after all I've said."

You gently pulled your hands away. "I'm doing my job, Tormund. I appreciate your gratitude, though." Tormund let you go back to work. When you finished, you told him you'd be back the next morning to check again. You left the tent, leaving Tormund to contemplate how to make his injury last longer, just to spend more time with you.

*time skip*

For the next several weeks, Tormund would call you to his home every evening. He would complain of pain(not real) and fever(not real) and nightmares(not real). He said anything that would get you to come to him. While you did your work, Tormund would talk to you and thank you. He would occasionally let his hands brush against yours or let his eyes linger too long on your lips. Finally, one night, you called him out on it.

"I know you're not hurt anymore, Tormund. I saw you chopping wood today. So why am I here?" Tormund sucked in a breath. That's what he got for trying to be coy about things instead of his usual self. Maybe that would work better instead.

"Yer right. I'm not hurt. Just wanted ta see yer face. It's a very nice face...when it's not scowlin' at me." You looked away from him and cleared your throat. "Uh..." It was clear to Tormund that you had no idea how to respond to that. Tormund took your hand in his and brought it to his bare chest.

"I'm not good with words. Not like yer fancy lords down South. Never have been. But yer always some damned busy!" You jumped at the change in his tone. Then, another smirk made its way onto your face. "So, you wanted to spend time with me." Tormund nodded. The smirk deepened. "Tormund, do you love me? I think you do." You were teasing and he knew it, but he didn't seem to care. At least you weren't flat out denying him.

"Ya don't know the half of it. And if ya don't stop looking at me like that, I'm gonna have ta punish ya." You rose a brow. "Oh really? What if I do this?" You ran your hand over his chest and down to his stomach. Tormund's eyes were daring you. Instead of doing what he wanted, however, you had other plans. You moved your fingers just so, causing Tormund to leap away and let out a bark of laughter.

He stared you down for a moment while he processed what had just happened. He couldn't believe you had tickled him. "Now yer gonna get it." He leapt forward, trying to grab you, but you laughed and danced out of the way. Tormund continued to give chance and you continued to avoid him all around his home. Finally, he tackled you down to the furs that made up his bed and proceeded to tickle you until you could hardly breathe.

Tormund looked at your winded form and smiled. He leaneddown and brushed his nose against yours. "Tormund?" you asked,panting still. "Hmm?" he replied, pulling up so he could see yourface. You smiled up at him. "Not that it's a big deal but," youstarted as you leaned up to whisper in his ear, "I love you, too."Tormund brought his lips to yours in a searing kiss. He only hoped no oneneeded him that night. He had some making up to do.