Warmth (Sansa Stark x fem!reader)

Being on the run was never where you envisioned yourself. You had been happy once. Happy to spend your days in your father's keep, curled up by the fireplace. You were a little spoiled and there was no denying it. But when both Lord Stark and his eldest son died, things changed. Your own father's death and Ramsay Bolton's rule followed soon after.

Gone were the days of your carefree attitude. Now it was fight or flight, and you weren't much of a fighter. So when your dearest friend and the woman you had loved pretty much your entire life appeared, begging you to come with her, you didn't hesitate.

That was how you found yourself out in the wilderness, shivering against the cold. You glanced over at Sansa to see that she was worse off than you. If you had been spoiled, she had been more so. She had been the daughter of the Warden of the North and had a cushy life before leaving with her father South. Even then, she wasn't broken until she returned home.

In the short while she spent as Ramsay's wife, her life had spiraled. But instead of being out of control, she had blossomed. You envied that in her, but you were also so proud of her. She knew where to go and what to do while you were simply just trying to survive most of the time. Still you couldn't complain. You were safer out here than back home or in Winterfell and you were learning. And you had Sansa.

Another shiver from Sansa broke you from your thoughts. You smiled a little at her faraway look. Brienne and her squire were keeping watch and hunting for food, so you took the opportunity to approach your friend. She glanced up at you in surprise before she smiled. You gently removed the fur from her shoulders. She gave you a confused look until she realized that you were layering her furs with your own. "This should work better."

Once you had the furs draped over Sansa, you sat down beside her, huddling in the warmth. "Do you think we'll ever reach the Wall?" she asked in a hushed tone. You nodded. You scooted as closer to her as possible and took her hands in yours. Despite her gloves, her hands were still as cold as ice.

"Of course we will. Brienne will insure it. She is a great warrior who has vowed to protect and serve you." Sansa sighed a little and rested her head against yours. Your eyes went to the fire in front of you. The flames crackled and danced, much like you felt your heart doing at the closeness of Sansa. A different type of warmth began spreading through you, but you kept it to yourself. You weren't about to ruin your friendship with her. Especially not out in the wild when you had nowhere to run to.

"I'm glad you're with me, Y/N. I didn't want to be alone after Theon left. I don't know Brienne or Podrick that well. It's nice to have someone close out here." You smiled a little, your eyes not leaving the fire. "Well, if I am to be stuck out here, I suppose I'm glad it's with you," you joked.

Sansa scoffed and picked her head up before nudging you. You nearly fell off the log you were sitting on. "Hey." You nudged her back. The nudging continued back and forth, both of you trying unsuccessfully to push the other off the log and into the snow. Laughter soon erupted between you despite your desperate situation. You were slightly proud you could get her to laugh. She hadn't done that much recently and you couldn't blame her. She'd been to all Seven Hells and back.

"You'll stay with me, won't you? When we get to theWall?" You rolled your eyes. "Is that a serious question, Sansa? Of course I will. Now, you're shivering again. Get over here," you ordered as you climbed back onto the log. Sansa obliged, eager to enjoy the warmth once more. That was how Brienne and Podrick found you when they returned a few moments later.