Take Her Away (Dad/Uncle Jaime x daughter!reader)

(angst. mentions of Jaime and Cersei's relationship)

Your uncle was livid. You could see it written all over his face. Because of your twin, you had been put in harm's way. You didn't have a sworn shield the way Joffrey did. People hated your brother so it came as no surprise when the riots began. You never expected to get separated from him though. You were pushed, tugged, and shoved through all corners of King's Landing before the crowd finally thinned. Then you were alone.

You counted your lucky stars that your uncle found you before anyone else did. There was no doubt in your mind that people wouldn't hesitate to kidnap a princess, or worse. You were fortunate Jaime was there so quickly. But now he was angry. His face was red and the grip on the hilt of his sword never let up. "Uncle?"

"Not now, Y/N. I need to get you to safety first." You closed your mouth and nodded. You stuck close to his side as you navigated the winding streets of the city. You were safe with him. He would protect you from anything and everything. At least, that's what you kept telling yourself until you were once again behind the walls of the Red Keep.

"Are you alright?" your uncle asked, finally turning to you. You nodded. "Just a little shaken. Thank you for saving me." He hugged you briefly before placing a kiss on your forehead. "Go and rest. I need to have a word with your mother." You did as he asked, but soon found yourself restless. That was when you decided to go and find Sansa. You'd heard she'd been attacked and felt the need to check on her. You had no idea that your world was about to be turned on its axis.

Raised voices, one you recognized as your mother's, caught your attention. You paused outside the room. The door was slightly ajar and you could see your uncle Jaime in the room with her. You'd never seen him so angry with her before. It was almost frightening.

"Did you even care that she wasn't here, Cersei?! Your eldest daughter could have been harmed or killed!" You flinched at the sharp tone of his voice. "Of course I care, Jaime. But I knew you would find her and protect her, as you always have. Joffrey is more important to the realm. To this city." Tears welled up in your eyes for a moment. Of course your mother cared more about Joffrey, the king. But weren't you her child too?

"That is ridiculous. If anything, this city needs more people like Y/N. I swear to you, Cersei, if anything and I do mean anything like this happens again, I will take Y/N away. I will keep her safe and you will never see her again." Well at least he cared. You knew you should move on, but you really wanted to hear what your mother would say. "You are not taking my daughter anywhere."

"She's my daughter too." You felt every last ounce of blood drain from your face. Your uncle was your father?! No, that wasn't possible. That would mean...you couldn't even bear to think about it. The door swung open and your muscles stiffened. Jaime looked at you in surprise, as did your mother.

"Y/N, my little lioness, I'm so happy to see you safe." You forced yourself to smile. "Of course. Uncle Jaime saved me. I was just coming to see you before I checked on poor Sansa." Your mother came over and ran her hand over your hair. "Did you hear anything your uncle and I were talking about?" You instantly shook your head. "No. I only just arrived. Uncle Jaime suggested I rest for a bit. I tried, but I was restless." She smiled. "Good. Off you go." You forced yourself not to run from her sight.

For the rest of the day, you couldn't stop your mind from wandering. How could you not notice? And how could you continue on in your life knowing that your mother and uncle had been lying to you all along? Did anyone else know? All these questions continued to plague you. It wasn't until that night, when you were finally drifting off to sleep that they stopped. That is, until you heard your door open.

You opened your mouth to scream, but saw that it was Jaime. "Uncle," you began, but Jaime raised a finger to his lips. He tossed a pack to you. "Pack as much as you can carry in this. Grab your coin purse. I already managed to get a food pack for you. Hurry." Your brows furrowed, but you did as he asked. No matter what, you still trusted him.

You followed him down to the stables where a horse was already saddled and ready. "Where are we going?" you asked. He smiled down at you. "I know you heard us, Y/N. Your mother isn't an idiot. It won't be long before she figures it out too. I-I fear for you when she does. She-We have done unspeakable things to protect our secret." You must have looked frightened because he continued on.

"I would never hurt you, Y/N. You're my daughter and my favorite one, if I'm being honest. I'm going to protect you. Ride North. Find Catelyn Stark. She will take care of you. She has a heart for children." You nodded as you felt your bottom lip begin to tremble. "Un-" He cut you off.

"You have to go, Y/N." You wrapped your arms around him and squeezed. "I love you," you whispered before pulling away and mounting your horse. Glancing down at him, you attempted a smile. You weren't going to show fear now. "Goodbye...Father." You urged your horse forward, leaving Jaime to watch you leave. "Goodbye, my daughter. Be safe," he said, though no one could hear him.