Marriage Doesn't Suit Us(Margaery x fem!reader)

There were only so many options for higher born ladies in Westeros, most of them involving marriage. That was where you were stuck. Your father had arranged a marriage for you to some ghastly lord or other. If only your father had known where you were at that very moment.

"You're distracted," came the voice of your lover from behind you in the large bathtub. You chuckled softly as you turned to face Margaery. "I am. Father wants me to marry. He's already arranged it. And you're being married off to Joffrey. There's no hope for either of us." Margaery silenced you with a kiss.

"Don't be ridiculous. Neither Joffrey nor your husband need know about us. It will only be for a short while. Joffrey is hated by everyone. I can't imagine it will be too long before someone makes an attempt on his life. And when he is gone, I shall be queen and I will be able to save you from your marriage."

Your thoughts raced a bit as you thought about her words. She was right. Eventually, Joffrey or your betrothed would die. Then, when Margaery was queen, there would be nothing stopping you from being together. But what if...so many questions bounced around in your mind and none of them were pleasant to think about.

"What are you thinking about?" Margaery asked, gaining your attention once more. You shook your head and smiled at her before placing another kiss to her lips. "Nothing." You turned back around and leaned into her. It was these intimate moments that made you fall more and more in love with her and you weren't about to ruin it with some half-thought out scheme. Still, the thought wouldn't leave your brain alone for days. All the while, Margaery spoke of what life would be like for the two of when you ruled together as queens.

"And we would take in as many of the poor children in the orphanage as we can," she was saying, but you hardly heard her. Your mind was still racing. "Y/N?" she asked, finally pulling you out of your thoughts. "Yes?" Her brows drew together. Obviously she knew something was up with you. "Are you alright?"

"Yes. I just...hate that it has to be this way. I want you all to myself. All the time. I don't want to marry him and I don't want you to marry Joffrey. Marriage doesn't suit either of us. Why should women be forced into marriages and other pursuits when it is our bodies that produce heirs. It is our hearts that keep kingdoms from crumbling. Why should it be us who suffer for it? Why not the men of the world?"

Margaery smiled as she pressed another kiss to your forehead. "I know, my love. But until I am queen, there is nothing to be done for it." You nodded, but continued to frown. You wished she were queen already. Or at least that someone could break your betrothals without starting a war between the Seven Kingdoms. The only person who could do that was Joffrey and he certainly wouldn't. After all, he'd already broken his proposal to Sansa Stark to marry Margaery.

"Our bath has gotten cold," you said after a few minutes of silence, making Margaery laugh a bit. The two of you rose from your tub and spent the night wrapped in each other's arms., knowing the only person who would come into the room would be Margaery's handmaiden who was sworn to secrecy. You dreamt of an easier life. A better one, with Margaery at your side. Whether she was queen or not didn't matter to you. You just wanted her. With a smile on your face, you fell asleep.

As you slept, you dreamt. You dreamt of all the things you had talked about with your lover. You saw yourself on a small throne next to the Iron Throne. The Red Keep looked different, brighter. And there were a dozen small children running around the Keep. Margaery sat tall upon her throne, the very picture of regal elegance and kept glancing at you with a soft smile on her face.

When you woke, you were still grinning. Partially because your dream was so nice and partially because Margaery was attacking your face with small kisses. You let out a giggle as you opened your eyes. She laced your fingers together. It was still early so you had time to just lie there until you needed to sneak back to your own chambers. "Soon, we will be together with no interference, my love. I will make certain of it," she whispered when you snuggled closer to her. You let out a small sigh of content.

"Soon can't come soon enough," you said softly in return. She gently gripped your hand a little tighter. She sighed sadly, a sigh you knew well. She was wondering if you thought your relationship was worth all the troubles it came with. You lifted your head slightly so you could look into her eyes. "I love you, Margaery. No matter what. No matter how long it takes for us to be together for all our lives. I love you." You leaned in and pressed a gently kiss to her lips, silencing any protests from her.

"I love you too," was whispered back to you when you broke the kiss. You stayed there, in the dark and quiet room until the sun began to peek through the window. You laid there, playing with Margaery's fingers and stealing kisses until you knew you had to get lest you get caught by someone who wouldn't keep your secret. You stayed with Margaery, content for the moment, and dreaming of when it would be better.