Protected From Joffrey (Bronn x fem!Lannister reader)

(Violence at the very beginning!)

Your nephew was a right and proper arse. Everyone knew it but not everyone had the guts to stand up to him and put him in his place. You did. The problem wasn't that you had scolded your nephew, although he had a huge fit about that. No, it was that you had done so in front of the entire Small Council, including your father. Without even a second thought, you had incurred Joffrey's wrath. To that end, he set his punisher after you. Meryn Trant.

You were walking through the corridors of the Red Keep when you felt yourself being slammed into the wall. The breath left your lungs as your back hit and you gazed up into the dark, angry eyes of Meryn Trant. "What are you doing?! Let go of me this instant!" you cried. You didn't use your authority as a lady often, but this was absolutely unacceptable.

Meryn didn't say anything. He merely gave you a grin that could only be described as murderous. From the corner of your eyes, you saw his hand fly up. Before you could register what was happening, you felt his hand across your face. You felt a warm liquid dripping down your cheek. It didn't take long for you to realize that you were bleeding. The gold glove he wore must have cut your cheek. As you opened your mouth to protest, he struck again. He struck again and again until you lost count and began feeling dizzy. Tears silently slipped down your face, mixing with the blood that barely had time to dry before he hit you again. Eventually, the world around you went black.

Bronn's POV

Bronn heard the noise before he saw what was going on. He rounded the corner in time to see Meryn's retreating back. His blue eyes scanned the corridor and found you crumpled on the floor. For a brief second, he contemplated leaving you there. You weren't his problem and someone else could come along shortly and find you. Then again, perhaps there would be a reward for taking care of you. Not by Joffrey of course. It was his fault you were there in the first place.

With a aggravated sigh, Bronn walked over and scooped you up. His chambers were closer so he decided to take you there for the night and return you to your own when you woke up. He wasn't expecting Tyrion to be in his chambers. "Bronn, is that Y/N?!" Bronn nodded as he laid you down in his bed. Tyrion's small legs carried him over as quickly as possible. While Tyrion was looking you over, Bronn was studying your face.

He'd always thought you were pretty. Hells, beautiful, but not his type. At least that's what he tried to convince himself of. Now here you were, eyes closed and breathing steady, looking like an angel and Bronn was rethinking his type. Not that he stood a chance. Even though he'd been promised a lady wife, Bronn knew there was no way Tywin would agree to a match between the two of you, even if Bronn had loved you.

"This looks to be Meryn Trant's work," Tyrion muttered. "Aye. Saw 'im leavin' her there." Tyrion's expression turned to one of rage that Bronn had never seen before. If there was one thing to be said it was that almost everyone loved you. None more so than your family. Tyrion marched away without a word, leaving Bronn alone with you.

Bronn glanced at your face and realized your cheeks had started bleeding again. He got up and dampened a cloth with some water to clean your face. He didn't want blood on his pillows after all is what he told himself. Bronn wasn't a good man. He knew that and he didn't want to be one. He'd lived his whole life a certain way and he wasn't going to change because of one woman.

He gently cleaned your face, pretending not to notice how your brow scrunched or how you whimpered and sighed in your sleep. He pretended not to feel the stirring in his heart or the fluttering in his belly when your (e/c) eyes opened slightly and met his. And he definitely pretended that his entire body didn't react when his name fell from your lips.

"S-Ser Bronn? Where am I?" Bronn straightened up and cleared his throat. "My chambers. Brought ya here after I found ya in the corridor. You've got a lovely little present from Meryn Trant right there," he said, pointing to your cheek. You raised your hand and winced slightly when your hand brushed the injury.

"It won't scar, if that's what yer worried about." You glared at him. "I don't care about scars, Ser Bronn. I have more important things to worry about, such as keeping my head on my shoulders. I really made a mess of things with Joffrey this time." Bronn couldn't bite back a chuckle. "Ya certainly did. But not ta worry." You looked at him curiously and he continued, "Yer brother and I won't let anything happen ta ya."

"What do you mean?" Bronn groaned as he stretched a bit. He tried to ignore the way your eyes quickly scanned his form. "Means I'm gonna look after ya until Joffrey simmers down. Ya can stay here or I can look after ya in your own chambers until then." You regarded him for a moment. Bronn could see the wheels turning in your head as you tried to make some sort of connection.

"Why? Why are you being so kind to me? You aren't kind to anyone else." Your eyes met again and the world stopped moving for a second. Naturally, it was Bronn who recovered first. He gave a little shrug. "Don't know." You hummed as one of your brows rose. "I see. Well, when you're done lying to yourself, I'll be here to listen. Until then," you said, reaching over to rest your hand on his knee as you sat up, "Thank you." You gave Bronn a smile that he returned softly. You were so wrapped up in each other, you didn't notice Tyrion standing in the doorway with a smile on his face as well.