Not Forbidden(Sandor Clegane x Stark!reader*)

(*- also Dad!Ned x Stark!reader. This is Part 2 of "I Forbid It" from one of my previous GoT books!)

It had been nearly a year and your father still didn't not approve of your relationship with Sandor, despite his agreeing to the match. You didn't care though. Sandor was yours. He loved you and you loved him. The two of you brought out the best and sometimes worst in each other. You balanced one another and you knew that you wanted to be with Sandor forever.

"Your father would kill us both," Sandor said one night as you were in bed together. You'd brought up the fact that you had been thinking about marriage. To him. "I don't think so. I know he doesn't approve, but I love you. That's all that matters to me." Sandor leaned up on his elbow so he could glance down at you. "You mean that?" You nodded, prompting him to press his lips to yours. "Then we'll do it," he whispered, "if you want." You beamed before launching yourself up to kiss him again.

The two of you ended up eloping, not telling your family until after the fact. Your father was furious. The two of you had the worst argument ever when you told him. In fact, afterwards, you didn't talk to each other for days. It made you sad that your father couldn't see what was right in front of his face. But, you had Sandor, your husband. He made you happy. If your father couldn't be happy for you, then it was his loss. But one day, that would change.

You were wandering through the Red Keep, trailing behind your father and sisters when the screaming began. Something about an attack. How they got in, you'd never know, but that didn't matter. Your first instinct was to grab your sisters and hurry them to safety. Once they were both securely locked in Sansa's chambers with their septa, you grabbed up the nearest sword you could find to join the fray.

You easily found your husband's hulking form in the crowd. And of course, he was surrounded. You weren't surprised. He was a large man and it would take more than one person to truly take him on. You weren't about to let that happen. You wasted no time running in to help him.

"Are ya daft?!" he shouted over the sounds of swords clashing together. You shrugged a bit before swinging your sword at an assailant. "If you're fighting, I'm fighting. I'm not letting you have all the fun, love," you replied. Sandor rolled his eyes, but chuckled lowly just the same. "Of course it'd be my luck to marry the maddest Stark." You glared at him for a second. You knew he was joking though and tried to pay attention to what was happening all around you. Unfortunately, you couldn't look everywhere at the same time.

Meanwhile, Ned caught a glimpse of you out of the corner of his eye and nearly froze. He took care of his own enemy quickly. He needed to get to you. His other children were safe for the time being. You were who was important. Especially since you were fighting alongside the biggest target in the entire damn castle! That didn't seem to matter though. The two of you took out nearly a dozen men by yourselves.

Before Ned could breathe a sigh of relief, movement caught his eye. A straggler emerged from the shadows quicker than he could blink. Time to seemed to slow to a crawl as he watched the man approaching you and Sandor, knife in hand. He was going to kill you. Ned moved forward, but stopped short when suddenly time sped up again.

Sandor grabbed you and practically threw you behind him, taking the blow for himself. Luckily he was wearing armor, so there was no real damage. It would bruise, certainly, but he was safe. He thrust his sword through the would-be assassin's throat like it was nothing. Then he turned to you.

"Ya alright?" Ned heard him ask softly. "Yes." Sandor sighed heavily as his brows furrowed. "I thought I told ya to stay safe, stubborn wolf." You smiled up at him. "I was perfectly safe. I can hold my own. Plus, I was with you, my fierce hound." Sandor dropped a kiss to your forehead, something he would not have done if not for the chaotic aftermath of the attack. No one was paying attention except for Ned.

Later that evening, Ned sent for you and Sandor to come to the Hand's Tower. "Are you alright?" was the first question out of his mouth. You gave him a confused look, but assured him that you were fine. Ned turned his attention to your husband. "Clegane...Sandor. I used to think that no one could protect my child better than I could. My children are everything to me and I would give my life for them if necessary. I thought no one else could say that about them. I was wrong. What I saw today showed me that, if there is anyone in this world other than myself that I can trust with Y/N's safety and protection, it's you. There couldn't be anyone more worthy of Y/N's trust and love."

Ned came around from behind his desk and Sandor bowed his head a little. Ned shook his head and did something you never thought he would. He offered Sandor his hand. Sandor glanced between the hand and you. You were fighting back tears. Sandor took your father's hand and grasped it firmly.

"You do not bow to me, Sandor Clegane. You're family." You let out a tiny gasp. "Do this mean...you approve? Truly this time?" Ned let go of Sandor's hand and turned to you. He gave you a smile and opened his arms. You instantly engulfed your father in a hug. "Thank you, Father. I love you!" Ned laughed lightly. "And I you, my child."